• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyblade (anime where they cursed and had blood and partial nudity, mofos!) is back!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MormaPope

Banned
I'm sorry for the bump, but for newer Neogaf members like myself this shit is bonkers and hilarious. Everyone deserves a look at this thread.

Ghost23

Well now that it's bumped, I feel ok for posting in this legendary thread. One of the funniest things I've read in a long time!

MisterHero

Hey do you guys know about Redakai? It's like Pokemon except the monster cards are lenticular 3d and the the attacks are on seperate, translucent cards. Then, if you get the premium battle platform, it lights up and animates your cards!

Nintendo and Pokemon are clearly behind in this card game technology.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's funny that this thread came up around thanksgiving as Thanksgiving, Beyblade, and this thread are linked in my mind.

My second cousin who was 6-7ish at the time brought a Beyblade kit to my grandmother's house to keep him entertained. I played it with him for a bit taking turns with a bunch of other people and heck, it was pretty fun! The tops themselves are shockingly well made, though there was no partial nudity that afternoon and only one paper cut.

Chrom

I actually had a friend who was really into Beyblade when we were both a lot younger. He had the toys and stadiums and everything, and we sometimes watched the anime at his house when it aired (Kids WB, I think). Although it never really appealed to me I thought it was neat back then anyway.

Not going to lie either, I still remember the original anime intro, or at least what it sounds like.

Takao

Banned
♫picking up speed running out of time, going head to head it's a way of life, you got to fall down, and eat ground to get back up again♫

Max

I am not Max
I can't believe it has already been 4 years since this topic came to

edit: holy shit I was lurking gaf back then

Orayn

I played with the actual tops in middle school, but never cared for the anime. I regret nothing, since the anime was crap, and the tops were kind of like a cool miniatures game with the added element of physics.

Oh man...

The theme song is literally the only thing I remember from that show back then.

All I heard from it was random gibberish followed by BEYBLAAAAAAADE! And the occasional "LET IT RIP!"

For a moment I thought that somebody else had made a thread on the exact same topic and was awaiting a hilarious repeat but sadly this was not the case. I don't really think bumping the thread was a very good idea (a link would have sufficed) but I do concur that this was one of my favourite threads. I believe it was also my introduction to NeoGAF (although I did not begin lurking until much later).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom