• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big Bang Theory - Season 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savitar

Didn't realize it was the season finale, I liked it. They had some progress and growth happen which is always nice to see happen. And wasn't this the first time Penny actually said "I love you". That use to be a huge deal and lead to their original break up. Was nice that it wasn't a big issue and continued to show these people are growing up, hell the actor who plays Leonard is really starting to look his age. More so than the rest of the cast.

All in all enjoyable.

Maddocks

I read the news earlier tonight that the season finale would feature a major cliffhanger.
And what precisely was the cliffhanger? I spent the entire episode waiting for one and it never happened. Raj can finally talk without alcohol? That's a revelation. Character evolution. Not a cliffhanger. Leonard going away? Again not a cliffhanger.
I was expecting something "major" like Penny/Leonard proposing. Or someone being pregnant.

A decent enough episode (I laughed out loud at the Stephen Hawking rolling off the boat joke) but the climax was somewhat of a letdown. A good season though overall. I recently re-watched every season in a massive marathon and I still think the show peaked at season 2. It's still good and entertaining television. I'll always be a fan of the show. This season in particular has had some really strong and hilarious episodes. There were a couple that were somewhat weak but most were fairly decent. I look forward to season 7. I'm almost certain I'll be watching this show until it finally ends.

According to what I've read the show will continue onto a seventh season (at the very least) though with stellar and consistent twenty million viewer ratings I would expect even more after that. They'll probably take it to season 10 before it ends. What did the rest of you think of the finale?

if the ratings are steady, hell even a little drop off and the cast is happy, it can go on for 13-15 years if they wanted, but that link is so bad lol

will he pick his dream or his girl? Well he didnt have to pick as he got both. What kind of cliffhanger is that?

Joni

if the ratings are steady, hell even a little drop off and the cast is happy, it can go on for 13-15 years if they wanted, but that link is so bad lol

It won't. The downside to shows like The Big Bang, is that like Friends they are very much cast dependent. They can become very expensive like Friends did where they got like $1 million per episode per cast member. And you can't risk paying one cast member more than the others because that would raise the risk of the others leaving. This is not NCIS or ER where they could kill of a major character.

Maddocks

It won't. The downside to shows like The Big Bang, is that like Friends they are very much cast dependent. They can become very expensive like Friends did where they got like $1 million per episode per cast member. And you can't risk paying one cast member more than the others because that would raise the risk of the others leaving. This is not NCIS or ER where they could kill of a major character.

I think I edited my post by accident. I meant to say if the cast remains happy instead of they are happy.it can last 13-15 years. Of course that's all dependent if they demand pay raises. I assume 10-11 years max for the show because where can the characters really go from their current position?

I was really disappointed with Sheldon ending up just being jealous of Leonard. I thought at the beginning that it was gonna be that Sheldon was gonna miss Leonard and you'd get a lot of character growth from him owning up to that. Would have been a lot sweeter.

mantidor

It's not like Leonard didn't go away to the arctic one off-season

Well back then they weren't really anything more than friends. Now they are dropping love bombs and everything.

I liked the episode, I'm glad they are making Rash talk because it was one of the most unreal aspect of the show, even more than Sheldon's behavior, which is pretty unrealistic, but it has its own made up logic so it works. They really should have dropped it years ago.

orion434

Always seeing Raj with some kind of alcoholic beverage is getting tiresome... they should come up with an arc that releases him from his phobia already. Just as they did with Sheldon's fear of birds.

Didn't think THIS would be that story-arc! Please don't bring back Lucy.

Flash

Didn't think THIS would be that story-arc! Please don't bring back Lucy.

yeah, she was just horrible. I couldn't shake the feeling that Raj was only putting up with her out of sheer desperation. and with all the crap he gets I don't that that's the kind of r/s he deserves.

Don't get me wrong, an angle where he's with someone out of desperation makes a lot of sense, but it should be more blatant. The writers made it seem like him and Lucky were a legit couple or something, and Raj genuinely wanted to be with her. won't be surprised if we see her again tbh.

speedline

Banned
Did anyone else feel like Sheldon at the beginning of the season began to seem like Jim Parsons had sort of lost some of that Sheldon magic? His lines were flowing more like a Jim Parsons interview, more casual feel to him, he even had longer hair I think. The last few episodes Jim brought it with the delivery on some of the jokes, especially with the "What? Did she do it yet?" scene with Penny taking off the coat. The final scene Jim was in this season in the car was classic Sheldon Cooper delivery.

Did anyone else feel like Sheldon at the beginning of the season began to seem like Jim Parsons had sort of lost some of that Sheldon magic? His lines were flowing more like a Jim Parsons interview, more casual feel to him, he even had longer hair I think. The last few episodes Jim brought it with the delivery on some of the jokes, especially with the "What? Did she do it yet?" scene with Penny taking off the coat. The final scene Jim was in this season in the car was classic Sheldon Cooper delivery.

I think they noticed that, but they overdid it WAAAY too much somewhere midseason by making him unbelievably jerky, specially with the spoilers ep.

Dereck

OK G-Unit this is bothering me, your avatar keeps reminding me of this:

images

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom