• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 11 |OT| The Big Ten - Mondays on CBS at 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pixieking

Banned
I actually thought the meet-cute between Raj and Isabella was done really well... And how he acted about her job, too. Every other girl he's been with, she's always been out of his reach due to beauty, charm, or kookiness. This time around, she's just a better person than he is. Plus, he's always been written as needing to hide part of himself to keep the girl. Not so here, with the comments about eating candy like a 10 year old.

Also, weirdly short episode - 18 minutes instead of the usual 20+.

Pixieking

Banned
Oh, yeah, based on past experience, it's a little foolish for me to be hopeful. That said, if this is the last season, I'm hoping they're writing it as "Raj finally gets some good scenes where he isn't a complete doofus around a girl, and ends-up happy". Which is a pretty lame hope, but means we may go out on a high-note.

Joni

I actually thought the meet-cute between Raj and Isabella was done really well... And how he acted about her job, too. Every other girl he's been with, she's always been out of his reach due to beauty, charm, or kookiness. This time around, she's just a better person than he is. Plus, he's always been written as needing to hide part of himself to keep the girl. Not so here, with the comments about eating candy like a 10 year old.

Also, weirdly short episode - 18 minutes instead of the usual 20+.
Not really, it has been getting shorter so you can have more ads.

I thought Raj's sub plot was quite endearing and cute. Something new for him and quite refreshing. This woman they've introduced differs significantly from every previous love interest he's had given that she's a little older with a strong personality and I enjoyed his scenes in this episode. Overall not as strong as last week but still a solid episode.

Still enjoying the show even after all these years. It's nowhere near as good as the beginning and first few seasons but it's still an enjoyable and fun distraction every week. One thing I noticed is that the ratings for this season seem down on the previous one (~14 million down from an average of ~18 million) so though it's still hugely popular I think the show's fatigue has set in and viewers seem to be in decline. Perhaps they will inevitably wrap things up soon.

There's still some gems every season though and I still think it's worth tuning in. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

I hate how they talked down about Penny's short hair in the last episode. It was rude towards the actress, and in my opinion, wrong. Watching re-runs reminded me of how good it looked.

Last night's episode was quite solid, but most have been this season.

Zoe

I hate how they talked down about Penny's short hair in the last episode. It was rude towards the actress, and in my opinion, wrong. Watching re-runs reminded me of how good it looked.

Eh, she might not have been a fan of it herself.

Dynasty

Honestly one of the better episodes for me in recent time. They brought back the picture, the Leonard naked flag thing was awesome.

leng jai

Any comedic actor/actress would probably have no issues with self deprecation.

I thought Raj's sub plot was quite endearing and cute. Something new for him and quite refreshing. This woman they've introduced differs significantly from every previous love interest he's had given that she's a little older with a strong personality and I enjoyed his scenes in this episode. Overall not as strong as last week but still a solid episode.

Still enjoying the show even after all these years. It's nowhere near as good as the beginning and first few seasons but it's still an enjoyable and fun distraction every week. One thing I noticed is that the ratings for this season seem down on the previous one (~14 million down from an average of ~18 million) so though it's still hugely popular I think the show's fatigue has set in and viewers seem to be in decline. Perhaps they will inevitably wrap things up soon.

There's still some gems every season though and I still think it's worth tuning in. Looking forward to the rest of the season.

Have you watched Season 1 recently? It's terrible.

Nokterian

qBcQYGm.png

good lord

Well goddamn, finally thread worthy to see this.

I am enjoying the fact they are pointing out how much of an ass Sheldon is and not tolerating it as much. I get the feeling that in the earlier seasons, Sheldon was written as someone on the Autistic spectrum so they tolerated his behavior. He never was on the spectrum I think and it seems like the other characters realize this and now tell him to cut that shit off.

Long way to say the show was funny again for me.

Dereck

I just don't know anymore.

The show also agrees with me that Raj and Stewart should get the hell out and get a spinoff show or something.

He's a Godfather now though, so that's a thing.

I just don't know anymore.

The show also agrees with me that Raj and Stewart should get the hell out and get a spinoff show or something.

He's a Godfather now though, so that's a thing.

There's been some gems this season (like the Klingon/fake language episode) as has been the pattern for several seasons now but IMO the baby episode was a pretty weak episode. Devoid of laughs and pretty empty and predictable. I still enjoy watching the show but it kind of feels like filler episode after filler episode to get to the gems that are genuinely funny and entertaining. This has been true of the show for a while now.

I think maybe it ran on too long? Ten seasons is a pretty extensive length of time for a show and though they've tried to evolve it like including the three female characters I'm increasingly getting the feeling the show may have run its course now. It's still a massive ratings hit and is immensely popular so something tells me they'll keep producing these like their lives depend on it until the show declines in ratings.

On that note I noticed there's been a decline this season (~15 million viewers down from the show's peak of 20 million) so perhaps we'll only see one or two more seasons.

I'll still keep tuning in every week but the show is not what it once was.

leng jai

Pretty ordinary episode. Penny has basically coasted all season and Sheldon is so far off what he was now it's getting a bit much. The Raj and Stuart joke has been going on for about 30 episodes too long as well.

mm04

Certainly not enjoying it as much as I used to. I wish I were in the alternate universe where the show is based off of the original pilot. Sheldon as a horn dog is pretty jarring, but I'd watch it. But no Penny eye candy would be a blow.

Meier

My wife and I generally enjoy this show as a stupid turn your brain off I'm used to the characters thing but sometimes it's just -SO- dumb and -SO- CBS. The baby's crying was absurdly facepalm inducing.

jett

D-Member
This show is hitting rock bottom in terms of quality, but I still enjoy it the way I enjoy vanilla ice cream. It's completely brainless, but I did like that the show itself pointed out that Raj is a garbage character.

zou

wth happened to the lighting in S10? It's brighter/more glaring compared to previous seasons and looks fake as fuck.

Decent-ish episode last night but nothing to particularly write home about. The show's still enjoyable to watch but it does kind of feel like they're going through the motions and are on auto-pilot outside of the fantastic episodes we get every few weeks or so.

Another two week break until the next one. Anyone else catch last night's episode? Thoughts?

The show has evolved a lot and for a sitcom like this that's pretty commendable. Almost all the characters have experienced growth of some kind and the inclusion of the female characters forced the original guys to change and evolve over time. It has kept the show dynamic and interesting IMO.

Also worked wonders for the ratings. The show's still averaging north of 15 million viewers a week. It's still a monster hit.

Raj could use some of this character growth stuff that you speak of.

Agreed. I feel like the writers are a little lost when it comes to Raj. Every season he has a repeat of the same storylines (Raj meets a girl, starts off promising, Raj loses the girl) and he hasn't really evolved outside of now being able to talk to women. Compare him to Howard for example and the difference is night and day.

Also they need to revisit Raj's new storyline of meeting the cleaning woman. That seemed interesting and they just abandoned it almost instantly.

Yeah it's strange how they spent an entire episode setting up the cleaning lady than did a U-turn on the entire plot thread and just mentioned her in passing at the start of this one.

Good episode IMO. Still enjoying the show and look forward to it every week.

GeekyDad

This show is hitting rock bottom in terms of quality, but I still enjoy it the way I enjoy vanilla ice cream. It's completely brainless, but I did like that the show itself pointed out that Raj is a garbage character.

I was feeling much the same until last night's episode. It was complete and utter trash. Whew...so fucking terrible!

Okay the most recent episode was particularly hilarious, lol. Died at the ending scene. Return to form!

Really? That was good for you?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom