• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 9 |OT| Las Vegas Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

Kaley Cuoco cringes over old "Big Bang Theory" episodes

I'll look back on season one or two and I'm like, `How did I get hired? Like, what was I doing? What was that tone in my voice?' I talked up here. Thank god they saw through that. Over the years I've totally settled and gotten that much cooler and better but it's funny, I look back on a lot of shows and you look back to season one and those season ones aren't so good. (Laughs.) You're like, `Oh my god, this was horrible' because now it's so good. Like it's just such a difference. At the time it was great. ... I can't believe I got hired, let's put it that way. It was not good.

I feel like this season is going to be just like season 9 of HIMYM, which leads to
ABSOLUTELY NOTHING

If this is the final season maybe I'll watch it.

Dereck

You could expect something along the lines of Two and a Half Men when it comes down to about how long the show is probably going to go before it ends. 12 seasons or so, more or less.

Trey

The singularity that is penny and Leonards relationship squabbles is played out beyond belief. Nothing funny comes out of it. We only hate ourselves more.

The Leonard bit where he basked in his own self hatred in front of his colleague was just the worst. A true low moment of the show.

Sheldon was funnier this week at least. Looking forward to any plot line that opens up the cast a bit more. The writing is not holding up in this seasons early going.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Sheldon has become insufferable. He's the only male character I liked too.

Just give the girls their own spinoff show. I can't imagine ratings for BBT are that great anymore.

Dereck

hJkKJfV.gif

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
I enjoyed the episode
other than the dream sequence
I fucking hate dream sequences

zychi

Banned
Real weird to see so many posts in a tv show thread of fans hating the show. Really negative compare to most threads. Even the op is trying to prevent the negativity. Has the show turned bad since the earlier seasons?

Zoe

I'm still enjoying it. I spoiled the first few episodes though, so there isn't much to say.

Malvingt2

So far the two episode = solid. No idea why the negativity about them.

IGN pointed out something that did bother me

This episode was shaping up to be pretty great. It continued the relationship drama form last week's premiere and also introduced an interesting new wrinkle with the Wolowitzes. At the same time, it offered a welcome dose of humor to offset the darker aspects of the story. Unfortunately, "The Separation Oscillation" stumbled pretty hard in its final minutes. The quick, easy resolution to Leonard and Penny's marriage troubles didn't ring true. The show at least needs to do better when it comes to Sheldon and Amy.

So yeah

Theyre retreading plots already. The insecurity between Leonard and Penny as been referenced a lot. I would appreciate Sheldons growth more if Penny/Leonard plot hadnt sucked all the air out of the room.

mm04

The episode got laughs out of me, but I'm tired of the Leonard/Penny drama of will they or won't they. Hopefully, that's it and they can start writing Leonard in a way that isn't completely annoying to me.

I'd argue the opposite. I really enjoyed her character up until she became basically what amounts to an alcoholic. At least they seem to have abandoned that angle. But the current one isn't much better.

Bring back ditzy Penny from seasons one and two!

Despite what I said above, I do think that Penny's growth has brought about boredom.

Trey

Despite what I said above, I do think that Penny's growth has brought about boredom.

it's because right now penny and Leonard do nothing outside annoy each other over the pettiest stuff that actual grown adults would square away in a conversation or two. can we go back to Penny going to school stuff? Her getting a great job while being absolutely underqualified would be best forgotten.

it's because right now penny and Leonard do nothing outside annoy each other over the pettiest stuff than an actual grown adult would square away in a conversation or two. can we go back to Penny going to school stuff? Her getting a great job while being absolutely underqualified would be best forgotten.

Agreed

What ever happened to that job?

Joni

You could expect something along the lines of Two and a Half Men when it comes down to about how long the show is probably going to go before it ends. 12 seasons or so, more or less.
It comes down to price. Two and a Half Men needed less high priced actors, so even if it is a bigger success, it might not be worth renewing.

Quonny

The joy is gone. I liked this show a lot, and though it dipped a bit in quality the last few seasons, at least it was still fun.

The constant bickering is just so grating. And why is Sheldon so mean? He used to be cold, now he instigates.

The joy is gone. I liked this show a lot, and though it dipped a bit in quality the last few seasons, at least it was still fun.

The constant bickering is just so grating. And why is Sheldon so mean? He used to be cold, now he instigates.

I feel bad for saying this but I'd have to agree. And I say that as pretty much a super fan of this show in its early seasons. When it began it was this fresh and new, hilarious and lovable show about awkward geeks that was consistently funny and a joy to watch. I'd say that continued over the first say four or five seasons with the peak being season two. Its middle to later seasons even with the new focus on the girls were still great and fun television but I think last season specifically the show seemed to lose its joy and spark.

There were still some gems last season and the show did improve from its slow start but ultimately last season was the weakest they've ever made. The problem I had with this season's opener is it seemed like a continuation of that slide in quality. It feels like the show should have ended on a high note a few seasons back and now both the actors and the writers are just phoning it in. Like seriously I got the impression from Leonard that he just doesn't even want to be there. Sheldon is now just complete overkill. Penny is okay but doesn't have the energy she once had (possibly because she's more successful now and not reliant on the show any more). Maybe I'm just over thinking it but it just feels like the actors aren't trying without decent writing to support them.

I'm only basing this on one episode so far (and all of last season). The show could just improve again like it sometimes did last season. One good thing I will say is that last season's finale was pretty great and set up this season really well but its continuation has been disappointing so far (you just know Sheldon wanting to marry Amy is just going to keep going all the way to the end of this season and be hidden and dragged out). It's still mildly enjoyable and I'll probably follow this thread and keep watching but "the joy is gone" is absolutely an accurate description here. I used to laugh and smile at this show and as it has evolved that joy has been in steady and seemingly irreversible decline.

I think because the ratings exploded (what is it averaging 17 - 20 million an episode?) which is just ridiculous they're persevering and refusing to end the show even when the writers are out of ideas and passion and the actors don't have the heart any more.

Hope I'm just completely wrong and the show improves again this season. It did last time so there's still hope.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I think they've gone well past the point of no return on Sheldon and Amy's breakup. I'm sure something really stupid will bring them back together, but it's going to be even stupider now.

It feels like everybody on the show is just going through the motions. Can't say I'm that surprised, there are few shows that stay good for longer then a few seasons. Hope it picks up a little again.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
I think they've gone well past the point of no return on Sheldon and Amy's breakup. I'm sure something really stupid will bring them back together, but it's going to be even stupider now.
And I look forward to it.

But yes, this show has gone full blown stupid.

Now that Howard and Bernadette are the best couple on the show I don't know what to do with myself....

#TEAMSHAMEY

Probably because the character was super boring. She was as vanilla as could be to contrast with Sheldon.

Well, she was the normal kid, so I guess she's boring compared to Sheldon. (She was hot though.)

Doesn't Sheldon have a Brother we've never seen as well? And we've never seen Leonard's siblings.

I didn't know Sheldon had a brother. I must have missed that. It just seems weird to have the sister in only one episode when the show has a million seasons.

Zoe

They mentioned his brother in the season premier. He's dating or is engaged to a "whore".

Azuran

Banned
Meh episode but the van burning down while trying to remove a flat tire had me laughing for a bit. That made up for the rest of the episode.

Dereck

Yeah, I just don't know with this show. It just comes off a little inconsequential, quite frequently with this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom