• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

God is dead: CBS considering a Sheldon spin-off of Big Bang Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amory

latest

gwailo

Banned
I don't see how Parsons can get away with playing "younger Sheldon" at this point. He's 43.

The article is poorly written, but it sounds like he'll be a producer versus starring in the show. But there will probably be some sort of stupid time travel episode once the ratings start tanking - which they will, because Sheldon is incredibly annoying and is only tolerable because of the other characters buffering him.

Catvoca

Banned
Even as someone who doesn't hate BBT, this is a shitty, awful idea. He's literally the worst character on the show

With these kind of characters, you need the breathing room of other around them. Same reason Joey failed. A whole show aimed at them just doesn't work.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
I came for a fresh crop of crudely drawn Sheldor comics and leave disappointed.

FStop7

Banned
Is he that bad on the show? The only thing I've ever seen him in are Dell commercials and he seems like a decent pitchman. Honestly, he just reminds me of a slightly caffeinated Jimmy Fallon.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
You guys keep bringing up Joey, but the whole reason this is happening (hell, the whole reason Joey happened) is Frasier.

creatchee

The only spin-off of The Big Bang Theory that I would find acceptable would be "The Wil Wheaton Show".

Side note: TBBT gets 10+ seasons and Reaper only got 1.5? There is no justice in the world.

Once again TV execs think making the comedic relief character the main star of a show will work brilliantly.
As if the idea hasn't failed time and time again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom