• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 11 |OT| The Big Ten - Mondays on CBS at 8/7c

Status
Not open for further replies.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I mean he was dating two hot chicks last season..thats something---right ? RIGHT ?

But yeah it sucks to be him - no character development or big personal achievments lol

Dereck

S10E05:
The Hot Tub Contamination
Things do not run smoothly when Amy moves in with Sheldon, and Leonard and Penny have to intervene; Howard and Bernadette find unexpected guests at their house when they decide to cancel their vacation plans.

DBT85

Anyone wonder if this thread i nearly dead just because wider GAF is so against the show that others just steer clear? lol

Dereck

I think most of GAF generally not being fans of the show is a contributor. Then you have the passerbys who might be interested in the show slightly who are dissuaded from GAF's hive-mind and steer clear, or the people who watched a few episodes and dropped it, and lastly the actual fans who used to watch the show but dropped it because of the way the last 2-3 seasons have been.

Especially with the ways the show has been handling character progression or not handling it at all with certain characters, or starting something new with a character and then dumping it and the next season, etc.

leng jai

Anyone wonder if this thread i nearly dead just because wider GAF is so against the show that others just steer clear? lol

There's an element of that, but comedies don't generally have big threads. Modern Family doesn't even have one for this season.

Pixieking

Banned
Last night's ep wasn't bad. Some amusing jokes, and the first ep in a looooong time which didn't make me hate Stuart. Pity poor Raj - so much back-and-forth with his character. And, as usual, the emotional centre is the Penny/Sheldon relationship - so good (and satisyfing) to watch, I think.

Season seems to be shaping-up to be fairly decent. A shame that there's still so much wasted potential, though.

leng jai

The comic validity of this show is really starting to wane for me honestly. It's just too much of a rehash which I guess is expected after so many seasons. Right now I only really watch for Kaley Cuoco.

Sandfox

For a second there I thought Raj and Stuart were going to hook up and thinking about it they would probably compliment each other well.

Dereck

The comic validity of this show is really starting to wane for me honestly. It's just too much of a rehash which I guess is expected after so many seasons. Right now I only really watch for Kaley Cuoco.
I'm about ready for the show to wrap up, and I'm ashamed to say that about a show that I've made several OPs for.

Pixieking

Banned
For a second there I thought Raj and Stuart were going to hook up and thinking about it they would probably compliment each other well.

They've danced near that a few times over the years, and it really is so obvious that they a) want to do it, given Raj's femininity and Stuart's awkwardness with women and b) are afraid of having a gay (or Bi?) couple on such a high-profile comedy show. If this is the last season, I can see them doing it in the penultimate or last episode.

Yeah, out of everyone on the show, her and Jim Parsons are the people/characters I watch it for. And they're the only two who I care about seeing in something after the show finishes... Well, Kunal Nayyar as well, but that's simply to see if what I suspect is true - that the writing on the show is what hampers him, and that he'd excel in something "better".

spekkeh

Banned
I still love the show even though the quality went down when it became more of an established relationship sitcom. But it's not on Netflix. So I need to rely on syndication that's not always on the most convenient time and usually reruns some old episode I've already seen six time. I reckon for much of international GAF it's becoming increasingly difficult to post in threads like these. I don't know how many people torrent comedy shows.

adamy

Banned
Guessing one issue on GAF is simply because it's hard to watch

I have access to Amazon prime, Netflix, Hulu, direct TV online streaming, and more

Collectively, at best, I have incredibly limit access and only to recent episodes

Rear Window

Neo Member
At least there was a shoutout to Batman the Animated Series.

All I can really say about this episode... or remember. Show was better when they were nerds with trouble with women. Now it's just like any other relationship comedy.

Even Sheldon is in a relationship. Of all people...

What happened to Howard being a creep? Raj not talking to women? Leonard doing stupid things in front of women and getting embarrassed? You could drive more comedic angles to Penny in her slut days, like the dumb guys she would date. One in particular was funny as hell.

Show used to be about making fun of nerds and jocks. Now it is about... relationships :/, just like every other comedy.

They even cut down on the number of various sets I believe. Like, no more Cheesecake Factory.

And Howard's relationship with his mother was really funny! Then they killed her off. How can you kill off a character that is never even physically on the show? There were funny angles they used to draw from Howard still living at home. Now that's gone too. The relationship between Howard and Raj lost its humor.

I miss the old episodes :(

Not sure why I still watch.

Even the quarrel between Sheldon and Will Weaton was better than them getting along now. Every angle of the show is worse than before. Every character is worse except for Sheldon I guess. They even butchered Amy. Turned her from a female Sheldon with a bunch of quirks to... a normal girl?

leng jai

All I can really say about this episode... or remember. Show was better when they were nerds with trouble with women. Now it's just like any other relationship comedy.

What happened to Howard being a creep? Raj not talking to women? Leonard doing stupid things in front of women and getting embarrassed? You could drive more comedic angles to Penny in her slut days, like the dumb guys she would date. One in particular was funny as hell.

Show used to be about making fun of nerds and jocks. Now it is about... relationships :/, just like every other comedy.

They even cut down on the number of various sets I believe. Like, no more Cheesecake Factory.

And Howard's relationship with his mother was really funny! Then they killed her off. How can you kill off a character that is never even physically on the show? There were funny angles they used to draw from Howard still living at home. Now that's gone too. The relationship between Howard and Raj lost its humor.

I miss the old episodes :(

Not sure why I still watch.

She died, literally.

Agreed that the older episodes and group dynamics were a lot better, but they probably felt like they had to change otherwise people would complain that the characters never have any personal growth.

Rear Window

Neo Member
She died, literally.

Agreed that the older episodes and group dynamics were a lot better, but they probably felt like they had to change otherwise people would complain that the characters never have any personal growth.

Oh, I was unaware. Hmm, shoulda recasted her in hindsight. The jokes are also a lot safer than they were before. No more risk, clear boundaries. What happened to Sheldon and Howard getting into insult matches?

leng jai

Decent episode, as usual the worst part was the Howard/Raj/Bernie bits and the random Romanian lady was terrible.

Not really liking how it feels like all the groups are split up now into separate storylines mostly. The show was at it's best when it had the 4 guys + Penny dynamic.

Oh, I was unaware. Hmm, shoulda recasted her in hindsight. The jokes are also a lot safer than they were before. No more risk, clear boundaries. What happened to Sheldon and Howard getting into insult matches?

They started coasting more once the show got ultra popular.

Santiako

I hadn't watched an episode in a while and just catched the last one. Holy shit that was bad, the whole Sheldon part was like catering below the lowest common denominator with random 'wacky' secondary characters, specially the Romanian woman. Also, I see they still don't know what to do with Raj.

Pixieking

Banned

Personally speaking, I was starting to be very turned-off by Howard being a creep - times change, and perving on women isn't quite as funny as it was 10 years ago. Raj not talking to women was funny, but they boxed themselves into a corner, and then made it that he could only talk to them when he was drunk... which is just kind of gross. And disturbing, actually - making him a wino. :/ And slut jokes require a lot more skill than BBT writers have to pull of consistently well - Frasier's skewering of Roz is still so smart and humourous, through... 11 seasons? 12? Again, personally, the characters were so cliched that Penny was always the dumb blonde slut, which just... It's not funny, after awhile. Not anymore.

Oddly enough, I think the show is now so bland, and runs through so many cliches, that it feels like it satisfies no-one and everyone. Tune in and you can be sure to get a few chuckles, but the people who expect more than nerd/jock jokes are disappointed, and the people who just want nerd/jock jokes are just as disappointed.

I think married people just aren't as interesting as an on again/off again, will they/won't they couple. Now that two of the couples are married, and Sheldon and Bialik might as well be married, it's just not as fun. Plus, Howard can't be sleazy and creepy anymore. The only character with an open dating life is Raj, and they keep introducing and then totally dropping his girlfriends. They need to inject new life into the show somehow.

spekkeh

Banned
Personally speaking, I was starting to be very turned-off by Howard being a creep - times change, and perving on women isn't quite as funny as it was 10 years ago. Raj not talking to women was funny, but they boxed themselves into a corner, and then made it that he could only talk to them when he was drunk... which is just kind of gross. And disturbing, actually - making him a wino. :/ And slut jokes require a lot more skill than BBT writers have to pull of consistently well - Frasier's skewering of Roz is still so smart and humourous, through... 11 seasons? 12? Again, personally, the characters were so cliched that Penny was always the dumb blonde slut, which just... It's not funny, after awhile. Not anymore.
You seem to be one step away from nerd blackface.

Pixieking

Banned
You seem to be one step away from nerd blackface.

? *confused* What do you mean by that?

Edit: Even more confused by your post after stepping away for a couple of hours, considering that none of the complaints I made are related to nerd culture. Unless you class creeping on women, alcoholism and slut jokes part of nerd culture?

Pixieking

Banned
Latest ep was actually pretty good... The
Klingon/Gobbledegook
scene was funny, and Kaley Cuoco
as a Dungeon Mistress
was amaaaaaaazing, and led to a good scene after. A couple of nice winks and nods about how relationships work. The series is definitely plateauing, as everyone settles into relationships (or is ignored by the writers), and it's certainly relying on the charm of the actors to pull it along, but still... Just about worth keeping with.

Dereck

I was under the impression that this show was taking a break for a week or two, not sure why. Missed this week's episode.

Fixing that now.

Latest ep was actually pretty good... The
Klingon/Gobbledegook
scene was funny, and Kaley Cuoco
as a Dungeon Mistress
was amaaaaaaazing, and led to a good scene after. A couple of nice winks and nods about how relationships work. The series is definitely plateauing, as everyone settles into relationships (or is ignored by the writers), and it's certainly relying on the charm of the actors to pull it along, but still... Just about worth keeping with.

Agreed, although I think I like it more than most here.

This was another good episode. I question why
Sheldon would be willing to move to the much smaller apartment, or at least seem to be
but it is what it is.

The
sex dungeon
scene was funny, and she looked great. The language scenes were too.

Santiako

qBcQYGm.png

good lord

Thought it was a surprisingly good episode! I noticed that even with the slight decline every season usually has gems like the most recent episode so I still think it's worth tuning in every week. The
Klingon language scene
was hilarious and Kaley looked sexy and stunning as always in the
sex dungeon
scene.

So yeah thought it was a very special episode. Looking forward to next week!

Zoe

Yeah, just watched this one and thought it was great. I really got a kick out of the secret language scene, and the last one where Sheldon made his decision was pretty touching.

Pixieking

Banned
Yeah, just watched this one and thought it was great. I really got a kick out of the secret language scene, and the last one where Sheldon made his decision was pretty touching.

Yeah, that last scene... You can give the series a lot of stick for not being as funny as it was, now most characters are settled into relationships. But the flip-side of that is that the characters show so much warmth and empathy, it just gets you in the feelings. And very rarely is it done in a sentimental way... It's always leveraged with a joke, or a sarcastic look, or, as in Amy's case, subtle-but-loving manipulation.

What hat?

Amirite

Mmmhmmmm.

Dereck

Sheldon is funny or whatever but I'm just miffed when it comes to Raj because his story arcs seem so aimless and disjointed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom