• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 9 |OT| Las Vegas Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoe

Isn't Hofstadter a Jewish name?

Is it? I'm just surprised because they make such a big deal out of Howard, but then they go and cast the person second in line behind Elliot Gould in the old Jewish guy list.

His parents are atheists.
His mother is, but she could have squashed that out of his father. Leonard doesn't seem to be atheist.

Dereck

Read the synopsis, answer is now never.
rTjIBPe.png

Dereck

With a show like this, a show that has already made me lose interest in it by the way it handles some of its story arcs and characters, releasing only three episodes per month doesn't really help it out.

New episode today, and I want to care more, but then I look back at the season and see how many episodes they've been releasing per month.

I know that other shows do this, but other shows are better which makes it passable but for this show it kind of makes me want to abandon it which is something that I don't like doing regularly especially when the thread has my name on it.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack
A large number of episodes end so abruptly and oddly. I hate how the show is only 19 minutes long. It's really aggravating.

Last night's episode was hit and miss for me. It had a few funny jokes, but did end abruptly and didn't really feel like a finale.

This show could maybe use a mercy cancellation.

Zoe

I was disappointed at Penny's family not being there, but apparently this will be a multi-episode arc next season.

Joni

As a finale it offers very little to return next year. They wont cancel the wedding, the baby was revealed weeks ago, Sheldon and Amy are stable, the work story isn't a focus, Raj isn't a real character.

Stasis

As a finale it offers very little to return next year. They wont cancel the wedding, the baby was revealed weeks ago, Sheldon and Amy are stable, the work story isn't a focus, Raj isn't a real character.

Inter-parent relationship. Military involvement in guidance system. Sheldon and Amy taking the next step. Raj evolving in his relationship(s). Howard and Bernadette's future...

Some of these are tiny but doors are open.

Jackpot

Banned
How can it be only 19 minutes long? I know US to has too many adverts but it surely can't be 11 minutes.

The last seasons of Friends also fell below 20 minutes, which got a bit awkward in the UK as you'd have a normal 2 minute break in the middle then a 10 minute break to make up the deficit.

Wow, that's quite a difference. Still good money, though. Then again, the show is essentially driven by Sheldon.

Those three are getting Friends money. I didn't know that.

AlphaSnake

...and that, kids, was the first time I sucked a dick for crack

leng jai

Leonard making 1 million and Raj making 750k is outrageous in terms of entertainment. They're the worst characters on the show, especially Raj.

They were late comers to the show and don't drive the show, so they're not integral. They have the least screen time, for the most part, as well. They should be making at least 250K, but they probably have shitty managers and agents if they couldn't negotiate that.

I think those two characters make the show. They should get paid more.

Once they were added the show finally had a well rounded cast. I won't watch early season reruns.

Dereck

Its funny to see how popular this show is yet it only has 3 pages on GAF for an entire season.
It's also among GAF's most disliked TV shows.

This thread in comparison to the season 8 and season 7 threads has about 200 less posts.

We can thank the drop in quality of the show since 2014 for that.

leng jai

This forum hates BBT in the first place, plus the genre just doesn't generate that much discussion. New Girl and Modern Family barely get any posts either. It's not like Lost or GoT where there's live discussions during the episodes and endless speculation afterwards.

I'm pretty sure I read on this forum that BBT was equivalent to nerd black face, so yea, most of gaf hates this show.

I have seasons 1 - 5 on DVD. I never finished 5 but I will soon.

At what season does the show stops being funny?

leng jai

I'm pretty sure I read on this forum that BBT was equivalent to nerd black face, so yea, most of gaf hates this show.

I have seasons 1 - 5 on DVD. I never finished 5 but I will soon.

At what season does the show stops being funny?

Last 2 seasons mostly. They're dreadful for the first 8 episodes or so but then gradually improve after that.

Season 1 was terrible, but 2-7 are pretty strong.

Ogni-XR21

I wonder if that difference in what they get paid effects the vibe on set. Maybe this also has to do with the decline in quality.

What I always liked about the friends cast is that they apparently always demanded everyone to make the same (well, they all started out at the same time and it was more of an ensemble cast).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom