• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Big Bang Theory Season 9 |OT| Las Vegas Weddings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dereck

e8D6Hjn.png

The Big Bang Theory - The Matrimonial Momentum (Season Premiere Preview)
The Big Bang Theory - Weddings & Breakups (Season Premiere Preview)
Previous Season
“I think they were ready to take the plunge at that point. Enough talk let’s do this, and I think the audience was ready for that too,” said Johnny Galecki about Leonard and Penny’s decision to elope at the end of last season.

Season 9 will begin in Las Vegas for the big day between the two, but some cast members didn’t believe it would ever happen.

“I didn’t know anything about Leonard and Penny getting married and I thought for sure something would be derailed between season 8 and season 9 and low and behold they went and got married,” said Mayim Bialik who plays Amy. “I kept waiting to find out that they weren’t going to but they went ahead and did it.”

On the other hand Sheldon and Amy have broken up after five long years of dating, leaving Sheldon sad and confused.

“Sheldon and Amy [don’t] have much going on,” said Jim Parsons who plays Sheldon. “I don’t think he understands why they are apart… but he also wants to be back together because he wants what he wants.”

“The Big Bang Theory” returns for it’s ninth season Monday, Sept. 21 (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT). The show will move to its regular time period Thursdays, (8:00-8:30 PM, ET/PT) on Nov. 5, after Thursday Night Football.

http://www.cbs.com/shows/cbs-fall-p...n-will-answer-some-of-our-burning-questions-/
Big Bang's ninth season will answer some of our burning questions.

Will Sheldon pick up the pieces of his relationship with Amy? How will Penny and Leonard's last minute wedding play out? What will happen next with Raj and Emily?
http://boston.cbslocal.com/2015/09/17/new-on-cbs-primetime-the-big-bang-theory-season-9/

Made by meijiko

wJcpCrH.png

janoDX

Here in NeoGAF we have the best representations of Sheldon, you know, we talk about failed N64 emulators, with poor codes. At the same time we don't know why are they laughing, maybe people feel insulted with a show about nerds around, maybe it's the laughing track, maybe appeals to the lowest common denominator.

But you know, I watched at first and I found it the worst show ever, this series was the Windows 8 to the Friends Windows 7, then I got to watch 2 episodes and It's not bad after all, I used to hate this series. But someone called me that I look like Leonard and I hate it.

Also Bazinga, Zimbawe and other stuff.

All Bingo and jokes aside...

Here we go! TBBT! SEASON 9!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Here in NeoGAF we have the best representations of Sheldon, you know, we talk about failed N64 emulators, with poor codes. At the same time we don't know why are they laughing, maybe people feel insulted with a show about nerds around, maybe it's the laughing track, maybe appeals to the lowest common denominator.

tumblr_llz1h1n1Dr1qzr8nao1_500.gif

Jokes aside, at least this fucking show has figured out that if the characters actually change through the years it's better television. It's at least watchable now, not having the three of them complain about their inability to date women every fucking week while Sheldon alludes to geeky stuff randomly.

Order

Had no idea this aired so soon. Starting the season off with the wedding is the best thing they could do. No second thoughts drama midway through the season.

stn

I noticed that every plot arc and "burning" question deals with a romantic relationship. This show isn't even about socially awkward nerds anymore. I'm still going to watch but I have to acknowledge its taken a huge dive in quality.

I noticed that every plot arc and "burning" question deals with a romantic relationship. This show isn't even about socially awkward nerds anymore. I'm still going to watch but I have to acknowledge its taken a huge dive in quality.

Its popularity exploded when they brought the girls in and the characters actually started forming proper relationships.
Raj not speaking to women, Howard being a horny creep and Leonard's unrequited love for Penny was a decent launch pad for the characters, but it went on way too long.

janoDX

Its popularity exploded when they brought the girls in and the characters actually started forming proper relationships.
Raj not speaking to women, Howard being a horny creep and Leonard's unrequited love for Penny was a decent launch pad for the characters, but it went on way too long.

Now it's basically Friends Nerd Version.

Sober

I haven't watched the show in 2 or 3 seasons now but I liked it for the most part. But that sounds a little disconcerting because those two things (Raj esp.) were really frustrating parts of the show and it sounds like they haven't done much with it? (Last I checked they were playing fast and loose with Raj and Stewart and awkward homosexual-ish jokes there)

I haven't watched the show in 2 or 3 seasons now but I liked it for the most part. But that sounds a little disconcerting because those two things (Raj esp.) were really frustrating parts of the show and it sounds like they haven't done much with it? (Last I checked they were playing fast and loose with Raj and Stewart and awkward homosexual-ish jokes there)

I meant ever since the girls came into the show those things have been thrown in the garbage. Raj is now just a shy guy instead of a weirdo and Howard is a married guy with kinky tastes rather a sleazebag who has sex with hookers and strippers.

Zoe

Gotta admit, I read up all the spoilers needs to wrap up the cliffhanger. Still can't wait to watch though!

tbd

Glad it's back. It's a fun show. The hate it gets is insane.

As someone who spent 10 years of his life doing almost nothing but sitting on his ass and watching sitcoms; it's definitely one of the best sitcoms out there. At least the first few seasons. Perfect casting, pacing and some amazing and even fresh situations.

You shouldn't always care what some hipsters say. Hell, many people that hate on TBBT and its laugh tracks at the same time love the 70s Show which has probably the most ridiculous laugh tracks ever.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So Leonard and Penny are actually getting married? I keep waiting for them to break up again and milk the Ross and Rachel "will they, won't they" bullshit for another 2-3 seasons.Happy to be proven wrong.

Dereck

Middle of the road episode, no complaints in particular here.

I'm wondering if they're gonna bother bringing in that girl from Leonard's job.

Trey

The reasoning for Leonard and Penny to fight has always been stupid, but tonight stretched that particular plot device too far.

It's not fun or interesting to watch.

Ogni-XR21

This first episode was not for me, was bored most of the time.

I felt kind of bad for Kunal Nayyar, he had like 1 or 2 lines in the entire episode. Even Steward had more to do in this one.

OEM

Man this show is becoming so fucking bad. Premier was horrible. Like wtf. I had hard time finishing 20min. These actors are fucking over paid.

Raxus

Man this show is becoming so fucking bad. Premier was horrible. Like wtf. I had hard time finishing 20min. These actors are fucking over paid.

They are contracted for another season right? Why not phone it in at this point.

Yeah. I think the show is done. Its lost that fresh feeling. Its paint by number writing now.

It's been that way since the third season, though. It used to be unique and fresh. Until the nerdy comedy got replaced with relationship woes comedy.

Also, all these actors are 40+ and are starting to give off a creepy vibe. Tight jeans and turtle necks are just embarrassing now.

Cafeman

I LOL'd at Stewart's lines. Then got embarassed that I laughed. I'm such an easy target.

The show needs a new character SOON. Somebody to replace what was lost when Howard's mom died. It sounds like the girl that Leonard kissed while drunk at the North Pole might get written-in, hope she is funny like some past characters. Like the nervous girlfriend of Raj (I think??) who kept climbing out of the ladies' room windows to escape him! HAW HAW HAW!

Yep, guest characters have continually sprinkled needed life to this show. Can't have Spock's voice anymore. :( Will Weaton is always welcome - they even had Data (Brent Spiner) in an episode, and Levar Burton too.

Bob Newhart was wonderful in his episodes. That's what they need. Somebody to add some funny, someone to add some class. Will they do it in time???

Stewart hitting on Amy was the only time I found anything remotely funny in the season premier. Every other story line seems so drawn out and aimless. For instance, the fight between Leonard and Penny could've been talked out with him apologizing. And I'm about two steps away from saying fuck Sheldon. His saltiness towards Amy is beyond annoying.

jett

D-Member
It's hard to believe this show has been going on for nearly a decade, and even harder to believe that Amy has been in the show for five years jesus. Where does the time go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom