• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock Infinite Final Box Art

Kinyou

The Wallpaper they released a while ago would have been better.

bioshockinfinitewtre9.jpg

^It's still quite dudebro but a lot more stylized.

I wonder why they didn't use the Songbird or anything else that makes the game unique.

Glass Rebel

Booker looks cool but not putting Liz on there is the most baffling thing. Did anybody from marketing even take a look at this?

I wonder why they didn't use the Songbird or anything else that makes the game unique.

Yeah, that image would have been fine. Nothing wrong with having guns on your cover, but the singular focus on this character that says nothing about the game is stupid.

Kazzy

Hm, as far as Bioshock covers go, that is amazingly generic. Which is understandable (as sad as that reality is), but I thought Elizabeth would be pushed more prominently.

The_Monk

I trust there will be a great work from some GAFfers to get another cover for this one. That thread is amazing.

Guy in the center with a gun has becomes pretty average. Oh and Bioshock 1 is always nice from them to offer.

Pooya

This is horrible, hate CG character poses like these >.<

" what are you looking at?" should be captioned on this one.

Theres a woman on the front though. This is a video game. People only buy video games with dudebro men on the front; like me. All dude bro.

Women not dudebro. Women for women.

Women women women.
Men men men.

This is the fucking simplicity of this industry and its fucking tiring.
I agree that would have made a fantastic cover if they could manage to get the same feeling of that large world and fit both of them on the cover.

Certainly she should be on the cover. Its not like we see a recognisable main character.

Shtof

Hope Move support will be more like Killzone 3 and less like all the other games that support Move.

Kinyou

Certainly she should be on the cover. Its not like we see a recognisable main character.
That's the best part. The whole game is first person. I could imagine some people playing through the game and then wondering who actually that guy on the cover is.

Pooya

Bioshock 1 and 2 both had a big daddy on the cover, they should have just put a Songbird on the cover here...

but breasts.

marketing loves breasts.

Surprisingly enough it really doesn't, at least not super blatant cleavage. Remember when Atlus had to print less-suggestive cover art for Catherine?

They risk making the game look like smut or NOT MANLY. Such is the world for a lot of female video game characters.

wrowa

11 actors (well, technically twelve considering that in a special 1st was played by a lookalike) played the Doctor and I can't really think of any of them looking like the design in that cover.

By the way, that's Boredome Infinite, judging by the box art.

Doctor-Who-2012-Holiday-Special-Trailer.jpg

Kinda similar.

Kajiba

I'm okay with the cover art. I'm wondering and kinda hoping the collectors edition cover is different like they did with CE Bioshock. I like simplicity. Didn't care for the big daddy being in the front all in your face. CE Bioshock was nice and simple.

KissVibes

Banned
don't know, I think it would look much better than this. do you mean because you actually play as a big daddy in those and here probably not a Songbird? doesn't matter really.

No, it's because slapping Songbird on there just says "It's another one of these games! LETS GO!" when the reality of it is that this seems like the actual progression of the Shock formula and a much grander game. There's a bigger focus on the protagonists story than both previous games, which besides some things, was really another one of those "Hey, this is YOUR story" games.

HardRojo

The PS3 version comes with the original Bioshock, that's nice since I only got Bioshock 2 for that console, still I would've preferred something more subtle given that they've done a terrible job cropping the picture for the PS3 boxart, unlike other games.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
God, I love Elizabeth so much.

Angelcurio

Well, I was personally expecting Elizabeth to appear in the cover in some form. At least es better han a cover with four people with their heads cut out from the cover.

i-Lo

I got to ask: Is it a love for second amendment right and a testament to the principle of prima facie that US boxarts generally need to be so direct and in your face with the gun and main character?

Bioshock 1 was so much better in comparison. This looks very well rendered but imaginatively bankrupt.

Boring, but also mildly controversial with what appears to be the American flag burning quite prominently. Would've preferred a no-character/face cover, personally, but I guess that's appealing to people. Also, what a terribly deceptive deal it is to get Bioshock 1 for PS3 in addition to making the cover look sillier with the Big Daddy hanging out in front. Reminds me of cereal boxes with free shit or offers splashed out on the front.

Fjordson

I think I would have liked no character on there. Just the flag, maybe the skyline of Columbia in the distance with some clouds or something.

Giran

Guy with a gun in the center, orange and blue, some explosion or grungy effects.

I don't think you can get more generic than that.

Top Bottom