• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bitcoin prices hit new record high of over $2200 (10/13 Update: peaked at $5,829)

Instro

I jumped in last week at $162. Not crying about the results so far.

"If you get in late, you get in late. Still better than not getting in at all."
- someone infinitely wise

P.S. Huobi went live on ETH today, OKCoin is going live June 1st. Shit is getting insanely real.

Still waiting for approval lol, I don't mind be lttp with a bit of play money. I would have dove in during the drop a few days ago.

Kenstar

Huge ass sell wall at 235, possible dip incoming
UAtl9kk.jpg

Tk0n

But how about Ripples, GAF? Good investment?

It is diving for 2 weeks now. No sign of resistance. If you can guess the end of the dive, it might be a good investment at that point. Give it a few days and watch the exchange rate. At the moment i would keep my hands off it.

x3sphere

Huge ass sell wall at 235, possible dip incoming
UAtl9kk.jpg
Saw someone market sell like 5000 ETH. Brought the price down to 218ish but immediately recovered afterwards

I have a feeling that sell wall in particular will be pulled once the price moves closer

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I'm laughing, my litecoins are actually worth money. Put in a sell at 30usd, hope it reaches there. My experiment will pay off double if so

FyreWulff

25 yr old I worked with at my previous company put his entire 401k and his 19k dollar signing bonus from a new job he got into ETH 12 months ago.....

You can probably guess how much money he has now...

if they're smart they'll put that out now and put it into safer investments

Kenstar

If i had sold right when i posted that pic i'd be up a couple hundred bucks right now
but that attitude is what took me from 12 to 10.something ETH on gdax, failed short term trading
cant beat the market on average
leave the rest of it in a wallet for safe unfuckup-able storage

It got down to $216 and immediately popped. I think people have buys set around there, it was down around $213 when it popped last time too.

Think I'll go do other things for awhile and see if it settles.

Crazy fluctuations today on ETH. I think I'll buy a bit more if it's still low when I get home.

It's crazy watching the trade volumes. Some people buying and selling hundreds of coins per trade.

Tk0n

It is diving for 2 weeks now. No sign of resistance. If you can guess the end of the dive, it might be a good investment at that point. Give it a few days and watch the exchange rate. At the moment i would keep my hands off it.

ripple was rising quite a bit in the last hours. im not sure anymore.
might be a dead cat bounce, might be the beginning of a bigger rise.

Bedlam

This little Cryptocoin-adventure is going rather smoothly for me so far. I haven't multiplied my investment yet but after three days with ETH in my Wallet and the first day on Poloniex today, everything is in the profit zone. Made a couple of hundred €s so far but I'm totally aware that everything can come crashing down within minutes.

I think ETH is a keeper and I will only consider selling at extreme peaks or so. If it drops below 200€ again, I will probably buy more. Other than that I bought some Ripple and Siacoin on Poloniex and it's currently both going up a bit (I looked for somewhat safe coins with potential as opposed to the artificially pushed coins with extreme gains and losses).

Yep, I GTFO'd so hard once coinbase processed my most recent stuff. Made a few quick bucks, now I'm out.

what have I done

I actually read your first post a couple of times during the last days and always wondered the same. Why would you get out at that point!? That's when you buy more :D

I seriously can't believe how resilient ETH is today. It hit an all time high last night and you'd think there'd be a dip today or a continuation of the rally. Instead it's staying with 5-10% of it's all time high and when it dips below 220's very, very brief.

This coin is legit.

I seriously can't believe how resilient ETH is today. It hit an all time high last night and you'd think there'd be a dip today or a continuation of the rally. Instead it's staying with 5-10% of it's all time high and when it dips below 220's very, very brief.

This coin is legit.

It's crazy it dropped to $214 at one point in the morning and now all day its been bouncing from $225-230. I was hoping for even a drop to $200 to buy some more. All of the analysts are predicting $500 by the end of the year and some being bold as $1K which I doubt it gets that high. I think we should feel good to have some Eth considering today it has been pretty stable which is what you want, not these crazy dips and then jumps all over the place.

2 days after registering, and Kraken is still "processing" for Level 1 approval, and Bitfinix doesn't appear to be allowing deposits from USD?
So, what, I just sit here and watch things run away?

vehn

GDAX won't even let me register - its registration form is missing fields that it wants me to fill out (I've tried it on multiple browsers, with ad-blocking off and such).

Haven't tried Coinbase. They're alright?

They are the same company, uses the same account. Pretty sure they are the #1 site out there right now, plus have an app and mint.com integration

Alright, I finally (finally) got CoinBase to work (I could only figure out how to get it to work by registering with an @gmail.com address since otherwise the authenticator didn't seem to work. Oh well, whatever).

I bought 0.5ETH, so I'm officially on-board.
(Wish I had been able to buy it a couple of days ago when I first wanted to, but oh well, no time for regrets).

Exile20

Alright, I finally (finally) got CoinBase to work (I could only figure out how to get it to work by registering with an @gmail.com address since otherwise the authenticator didn't seem to work. Oh well, whatever).

I bought 0.5ETH, so I'm officially on-board.
(Wish I had been able to buy it a couple of days ago when I first wanted to, but oh well, no time for regrets).

You bought now? Why?

You bought now? Why?

Because this was the first time in 2 days that any of the exchanges actually let me complete a registration and be able to add funds.

Why, should I sell again?

EDIT: Ah, I see, just up from a dip. Really wish that I had been able to register/get set up earlier. Ah well.

Instro

So I just sent my id pictures to coinbase to complete verification, but nothing seems to have happened. It's still telling me i need to complete that step. Do I just need to a wait a few days?

Exile20

Because this was the first time in 2 days that any of the exchanges actually let me complete a registration and be able to add funds.

Why, should I sell again?

EDIT: Ah, I see, just up from a dip. Really wish that I had been able to register/get set up earlier. Ah well.

Ye, it is higher than ever now.

Ye, it is higher than ever now.

Well, I'm probably going to keep it in there for a while (especially since I seem to need to jump through some more hoops to actually be able to sell it), so at least I got something in there, and I can keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

x3sphere

Well, I'm probably going to keep it in there for a while (especially since I seem to need to jump through some more hoops to actually be able to sell it), so at least I got something in there, and I can keep an eye on it to see how it goes.

Holding is the way to go. I'd be down a lot of ETH if I tried trading this.

Also, very close to hitting a new high right now. If it breaks I expect the price will shoot up to around $250-260 pretty quickly.

Husker86

There isn't really a point in transferring out of Coinbase to your own wallet, is there? I mean, there is a point, but is it necessary?

I think ETH just smashed through the $235 sell wall. From here, who knows where it's going.

I might just buy some more now because we might be looking at a launch here. Not sure how I feel about this, there's a chance of a pullback but with OKCoin going live tomorrow who knows.

So I just sent my id pictures to coinbase to complete verification, but nothing seems to have happened. It's still telling me i need to complete that step. Do I just need to a wait a few days?

The basic Coinbase ID verification is an image-recognition algorithm. If you are using a clear image of your driver license, the approval should happen almost immediately, like a couple minutes at the most.

If you can't clear that step because you didn't use a driver license or some other common form of ID, or your image is a poor quality one, I think a human has to look at it and that might take days.

spyshagg

Should not be allowed to breed
I mean, really, who cares if it drops to 200 now and then. It was @ 100$ 12 days ago. 2 months ago it was 13$. Seems like ages ago, but it was not. If it drops to 150 and stays there for 2 months, its still on a upwards direction (and more healthy)

Bedlam

Arg, I want to buy 1-2 more ETH and some Bitcoin for trading on Poloniex but it's both so expensive now... what to do, what to do....

Tk0n

xrp is going strong 2nd day in a row.
i wont make any predictions anymore...
still, i dont really see the potential of ripple.
i dont think banks will ever use it and there are too many coins for a big increase in value per coin.

xrp is still quite cheap though.

i also dont really understand the hype about xtrabytes at the moment.
would still like to buy some, while theyre cheap. there should be some room to grow.
but im not on c-cex, cryptopia or yobit and these are the only exchanges listing them.

kotodama

There isn't really a point in transferring out of Coinbase to your own wallet, is there? I mean, there is a point, but is it necessary?

Thought I had 40 LTC (LiteCoin) yesterday on some website. Apparently they just closed shop a month ago and disappeared. Thankfully it was only LTC, more sad that I lost some Dogecoins in the mix really lol. So... yeah if you don't own the wallet. You really don't own the coins (<-- That can not be repeated enough). I only put the amount I'm willing to trade on a site ever since the BitFinex fiasco.

Instro

I think ETH just smashed through the $235 sell wall. From here, who knows where it's going.

I might just buy some more now because we might be looking at a launch here. Not sure how I feel about this, there's a chance of a pullback but with OKCoin going live tomorrow who knows.

The basic Coinbase ID verification is an image-recognition algorithm. If you are using a clear image of your driver license, the approval should happen almost immediately, like a couple minutes at the most.

If you can't clear that step because you didn't use a driver license or some other common form of ID, or your image is a poor quality one, I think a human has to look at it and that might take days.

Hm that's odd, I used a driver's license and everything was pretty clear. It's acting like I didn't submit anything at all though. I guess I will wait a few days.

Brandson

Coinbase actually has humans looking at IDs? That's news to me. Pretty sure if the auto-verification doesn't work you're out of luck. It will tell you within a few seconds if it can't read your ID at least.

Top Bottom