• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Poll: Hillary Clinton more unpopular than Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Well, people are very dumb after all. With decades of work, Republicans made HC toxic. They succeeded. By the time she even ran for president the 1st time, she was already in a huge public perception hole and that pretty much never changed.

Xe4

Banned
I mean yeah, she lost, so you have a sizable portion of Democrats who dislike her because of that + Republicans who hate her no matter what.

I don't blame her for the loss (she made mistakes, obviously, but all campaigns do. Quite a bit of her loss was out of her hands), but I understand the mindset of those who do.

The question is: why does it matter? She'd be a better president without a doubt and honestly her approval would probably be higher too. This is dispite Republicans trying their damnedest to bring her down (as they said they would).

Yes, that's why she got many more votes and that's why you have a primary process. How else do you think a candidate is selected?

BTW, what's your opinion of caucuses?

An extremely democratic and completely socio-economically unbiased way to get people to be possible feel pressured for their choice of vote over an extended period of time!

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
It makes sense, Hillary clinton is just a stand in face for the democratic party itself and all of their problems.

People expect the GOP to be bad, but if the Dems don't bother to be a legitimate oposition political party with their own message, they are viewed even worse than that because then there are no real options.

For a majority of people there, is no such thing as accepting mediocrity to stave off absolute disaster. Some would say that's a good attitude to have.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Hmm...

��

Not to mention none of those mention Clinton but whatevs

Dude, that's lame as hell, you said you would give him 100 bucks to find someone saying that and that last poster actually said that, especially given the title of the thread, but then for some reason you don't want to acknowledge it or something.

That's super lame. At least own up to what you said. If you don't want to do it, then don't say stuff like "I'll pay you 100 bucks if you can find it".or something.

Anyways,

People saying that person A deserve Trump because person A dislike Hillary is a bit much, isn't it? Especially considering that I am perfectly willing to bet that many who dislike her actually voted for her anyways during the last election--it's too bad that the ones that mattered actually swung the other way.

Dude, that's lame as hell, you said you would give him 100 bucks to find someone saying that and that last poster actually said that, especially given the title of the thread, but then for some reason you don't want to acknowledge it or something.

That's super lame. At least own up to what you said. If you don't want to do it, then don't say stuff like "I'll pay you 100 bucks if you can find it".or something.

Anyways,

People saying that person A deserve Trump because person A dislike Hillary is a bit much, isn't it? Especially considering that I am perfectly willing to bet that many who dislike her actually voted for her anyways during the last election--it's too bad that the ones that mattered actually swung the other way.

Thread those are picked from is "would you vote for Bernie if Hillary loses the nomination" not "would you vote for Trump if hillary loses the nomination" when the poster's assertion was that Hillary supporters were threatening to flip to Trump. Hell, one of the posts just says "No." The one that mentions Trump is an obvious joke. Some people didn't vote at all or voted third party too.

Somebody lies about what they saw when we have written records, I don't owe them shit lol

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Thread those are picked from is "would you vote for Bernie if Hillary loses the nomination" not "would you vote for Trump if hillary loses the nomination" when the poster's assertion was that Hillary supporters were threatening to flip to Trump. Hell, one of the posts just says "No." The one that mentions Trump is an obvious joke. Some people didn't vote at all or voted third party too.

Somebody lies about what they saw when we have written records, I don't owe them shit lol

Sure, right, the poster was joking, of course.

royalan

You mean.. The place that was going to go Republican anyway?

Huh...

Bullshit reasoning and bullshit excuse.

If that was Bernie's calculus he wouldn't have touted all his wins in the Red-as-FUCK Midwest.

EDIT: Fact of the matter is there are Democrats (black Democrats, funny enough) living in those states that deserve to have a voice. And the candidate who listened to them coincidentally went on the win the primary. Time to get over it.

IrishNinja

Huh...

good call, all those low-information votes did so little for obama

If that was Bernie's calculus he wouldn't have touted all his wins in the Red-as-FUCK Midwest.

EDIT: Fact of the matter is there are Democrats (black Democrats, funny enough) living in those states that deserve to have a voice. And the candidate who listened to them coincidentally went on the win the primary. Time to get over it.

if only those southern blacks knew he marched with MLK!

HoodWinked

it really is more of a bandwagoning effect more than anything. Clinton is perceived as a loser since she lost the election and people don't want to be a loser by association therefore they either don't like her or blame her for losing.

same thing is going on with lebron james, he lost the finals this year and now all of a sudden people are sort of turning on him.

if clinton won she would be significantly more popular than trump and trump would possibly be hated even more.

ApharmdX

Banned

MI, OH, IA, WI, red as fuck? Really? Those states had been won by Obama and were winnable in 2016 with a candidate who wasn't running a dumpster fire of a campaign.

if only those southern blacks knew he marched with MLK!

I mean, it's true, Sanders lacked the Clintons' sterling record on civil rights, because (reasons)...

edit: Sanders did have messaging problems with regards to social issues and he deserved to be criticized for them, but a lot of the hyperbole about Sanders and black voters was pure nonsense.

bananas

Banned
Who cares? Hillary Clinton doesn't matter anymore.

Who's more unpopular: Donald Trump or the series finale of Lost?!?

Kettch

What a dumb poll.

I don't like Clinton either, because of how she lost the election. I'd love to have her in the presidency though.

Fury451

Banned
I know people that disliked her after the election because she lost to Trump so I guess this makes sense as far as poll results go

MI, OH, IA, WI, red as fuck? Really? Those states had been won by Obama and were winnable in 2016 with a candidate who wasn't running a dumpster fire of a campaign.

I mean, it's true, Sanders lacked the Clintons' sterling record on civil rights, because (reasons)...

edit: Sanders did have messaging problems with regards to social issues and he deserved to be criticized for them, but a lot of the hyperbole about Sanders and black voters was pure nonsense.

Sanders had a problem with minority voters outside of black voters as well. That man's campaign and "single-minded" image were ass.

That somehow he keeps propping up to the front despite 2016 tells me that the Dems are fucking boned.

Abelard

berniepoll_0.jpg

The problem was that a lot of people simply didn't know who Bernie was or what he was about until it was too late. The media is partially to blame, quoting from Bernie's page on Wikipedia:

"A December 2015 report found that the three major networks – CBS, NBC, and ABC – had spent 234 minutes reporting on Trump and 10 minutes on Sanders, despite their similar polling results. The report noted that ABC World News Tonight had spent 81 minutes on Trump and less than 1 minute on Sanders during 2015. In November 2016, journalist Amy Goodman noted that on March 15, Super Tuesday III, the speeches of Trump, Clinton, Marco Rubio, and Ted Cruz were broadcast in full. Sanders was in Phoenix, Arizona on that date, speaking to a rally larger than any of the others, but his speech was not mentioned, let alone broadcast."

And anecdotally speaking, I don't know how valid this is externally but some were put off from even voting in the primary despite favoring Bernie because it seemed like Hillary was going to win it anyways, the addition of super delegates on TV to normal ones only added to that perception. Bernie's "minority problem" is pure hyperbole, young voters across the color spectrum preferred Sanders, and speaking as a minority myself, its annoying to be erased by Clinton supporters who act like they know best whats best for us unwashed masses.

Also, the "red as fuck" midwest you speak of is places that were Blue... you know like Michigan? Which Hillary didn't even step foot in? What's your excuse there?

kmfdmpig

What a dumb poll.

I don't like Clinton either, because of how she lost the election. I'd love to have her in the presidency though.

Exactly, and another poll in this thread showed that more people would prefer to have Hillary than Trump as President now. That matters more than this poll.

Jombie

It surprises me, simply because of how incompetent and dangerous Trump's administration is. If you honestly believe things would be worse under Clinton you're a fucking dullard.

Exactly, and another poll in this thread showed that more people would prefer to have Hillary than Trump as President now. That matters more than this poll.

95% of polls don't matter at all, they exist so news outlets can produce 24/7 click/watch bait.

I wish people would just start ignoring them.

In fact, I'd argue that they are intellectually toxic.

royalan

What? You're not even responding to me.

Not every state Bernie won was deep red. I mean, duh. Nobody said that. But Bernie won a lot of states that typically vote red in general elections. And he celebrated his wins in all of them.

The poster I was responding to literally tried to argue that Bernie skipped campaigning in the south because those states were "going to go Republican anyway."

That statement makes absolutely no sense for how the Sanders campaign actually operated.

Bernie Sanders did no long-term outreach to Black voters, and only did token outreach in the lead up to South Carolina. Once the trouncing he took in South Carolina demonstrated what his reception in the South would be in general, he pulled most of his campaign efforts from those states, then his campaign blamed the voters. This had nothing to do with the states voting Republican in general, because whenever he won a Red state he treated it like a renewed mandate..

Bernie's ignorance of black issues and refusal to campaign for those votes is anything BUT nonsense. It's WHY he lost.

berniepoll_0.jpg

The problem was that a lot of people simply didn't know who Bernie was or what he was about until it was too late. The media is partially to blame, quoting from Bernie's page on Wikipedia:

1) I don't give a shit about favorability poling. Favorability polling largely failed us last year. Black folks, in large numbers, rejected Bernie.

2) If Black voters "don't know" who Bernie is, whose fault is that? The voters? Or the dummy who waited until election year to start speaking to them, and then gave up when he lost the first Southern black state?

jWILL253

Banned
The left likes to pretend they have the intellectual high ground over conservatives. But the truth is, at this point in time, liberals are as far up their own asses as the right is.

I mean, how else can you explain blaming Hillary for losing an election that was so rigged against her, we have a federal investigation on the depth of the collusion and the backs that were scratched? But yeah, it's her fault. It's her fault that she's been a part of a 30-year smear campaign that even liberals bought into. It's her fault that a significant portion of the liberal voting base is constantly engaged in shouting fits, demanding that minority leader Nancy Pelosi step down (even though they have no fucking idea what her actual responsibilities are) and that everyone step in line and support Sanders whenever he opens his mouth and says a thing. It's also apparently her fault that Amir0x was a sick fuck and was vocal about supporting her during her campaign, according to one particular person in this thread.

We're not gonna win in 2018 or 2020. Because of shit like this. The left is so full of shit and petty.

Huh...

Translation: All those dems including minority voters who can only participate in picking a presidential candidate only at the primary level because they live in red states don't matter and neither should their votes.

There's so much animosity towards Sanders on the forum. It's really odd.

Trump's America

I didn't have much or any against Sanders before but I certainly do now, especially in the context he gets brought up in. The last thing I wanna hear about is hypos involving the guy who lost badly in the primaries to a lady that lost in the general.

Draper

Yeah, and none toward Clinton. Really weird

Which would you say has the more insufferable followers here?

Sanders has like fuck all to do with this tbh. But that's never going to actually matter in these discussions.

Right, but the thing is it's never the same people bringing him up. Some times it's the Bernie guys and other times it's the Hil crew- bitterness on both ends.

I didn't have much or any against Sanders before but I certainly do now, especially in the context he gets brought up in. The last thing I wanna hear about is hypos involving the guy who lost badly in the primaries to a lady that lost in the general.

Anecdotal, but I lived in PA at the time of the election. Everyone I worked with/knew voted for Trump with the caveat that they'd vote for Bernie if he made it to the general. There's a lot of vitriol towards Hillary- warranted or not.

Dead Man

The insinuation is obviously that the anti-Sanders sentiment is disproportionate.

Do you disagree or what

Ed. lol, see

It's still obnoxious. And makes honest discussion incredibly difficult.

Honestly? There are equally obnoxious people here for all three; Clinton, Sanders and Trump.

Pretty much. I'd actually say Trump has the least obnoxious ones just because they are so obviously deluded.

There's so much animosity towards Sanders on the forum. It's really odd.

Trump's America

Mostly because he made a completely unnecessary 2nd half heel turn and decided that even though he was statistically out of it, he wanted to put his targets on Clinton and the DNC and double down on "THE ESTABLISHMENT". It created totally unneeded drama and poisoned the well for no reason other than to massage his ego.

jtb

Banned
It's still obnoxious. And makes honest discussion incredibly difficult.

Pretty much. I'd actually say Trump has the least obnoxious ones just because they are so obviously deluded.

Except, you know, they're literal Nazis. But at least they're so polite.

False equivalencies whee.

The reason I hated Hillary was due to her insufferable base. I was fully behind Hillary early into the primaries, but her based turn me off and I voted Sanders. In the end, I figured if Sanders lost, I can always vote Hillary during the election, and we would still win. But we all know how that turned out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom