• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Poll: Hillary Clinton more unpopular than Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Republicans aren't allowed to show any disapproval for people in their own party, so this makes sense.

Everyone else has the self-awareness to be critical of people they're aligned with.

Exodust

Banned
This is stupid.

Not really.

I don't hate Hillary, but I wasn't particularly fond of her. Trump is worse on many scales and while misogyny and racism did contribute to her losing, her campaign didn't help. Especially choosing not to campaign in two states that ended up winning Trump the election.

I know her cult of personality is strong here, but we need to learn from her mistakes and realize it wasn't all because of deplorables. Lest we end up with a Trump reelection.

Clinton is a loser and isn't President. Conservatives will always hate her and many liberals blame her for losing an easy win. I'd be shocked if she was somehow more popular after her loss.

Well, misogyny aside, many leftists blame her for Trump's victory. This is wholly unsurprising.

I blame blunders on her campaign and the left for Trump. All those who decided to not vote or voted 3rd party on the left in protest should have voted Clinton to stop this. But let's not relitigate last year. Instead it's terrifying how Trump has higher approvals with all that is going on... though I guess blaming her for everything happening now would do that.

Neither the Hill nor the Bloomberg headline contain the word still because she was.

That still insinuation is a 100% Schattenjäger revisionist history addition

This.

Also of course it makes sense. Dems are mad she lost. I still have dummies whining to me about lesser of two evils though.

I think there's a lot of animosity post-election after revelations of how the campaign was handled, the DNC allegations, the fact she loss, and that it seemed people were rallying under her not because she was Hillary Clinton but because she was the opposition to Donald Trump.

We have threads about how her campaign was run from different sources.

Aurongel

Not entirely unbelievable. I'm not exactly thrilled with her for blowing a very winnable election either. There's been numerous liberal pieces and opinions coming out against her. Political polarization caps her approval around half anyway so these numbers just read to me as liberal voter frustrations.

And if we're being totally honest, it's not entirely misguided anger.

I mean even most republicans have moved on from the election, only Trump cares at this point. There is the odd delusional democrat I guess that thinks that if the election was held today Hillary would have won but who knows.

Listen to right-wing talk or watch Hannity. They talk about her every day.

Eh I voted for her, but lost a lot of respect for her after her 'Go blame Comey for losing the election" tour. I hope she doesn't run for the presidency again cause she had her chance and blew it, but if she wants to run for another office I don't really care.

That doesn't mean I think she's on the same level as Trump, I just have an unfavorable view of both.

Amory

What difference does it make? She lost the election and will never run again. What people think of her now has no bearing on anything.

Faiz

Flawed takeaway when it isn't measuring degree of dislike. I dislike both but would still rate Clinton considerably higher than Trump, who I don't think I could rate lower.

Fox Mulder

She lost to Trump and people didn't really like her before anyways.

She holds no office and likely won't be back. She's only brought up at this point so Republicans can deflect shit.

So? She lost a presidential campaign. Most democrats are pissed at the mistakes she made.

oh yeah... (once again) she lost and her public life is probably over and done.

Why do people feel the need to keep bashing Clinton? When Mitt Romney lost, we saw the photo of him filling up his car and that was it... We didn't have articles 6 months later "Mitt Romney still lost the 2012 election."

Enzom21

You're going to argue that 20% of the women in the US are self loathing women?

Really?

And you're also assuming that 100% of the men are mysoginistic pigs too (if only 20% of the women population is part of that 58%)

Where are you getting this number from?
A majority of eligible voters did not vote for the piece of shit in office.

Boney

Banned
At least Trump's base likes him, can we even say the same about Clinton?
Right. Trump is going to have his base support him. Clinton has that Trump base hating her and the people that blame her weak campaign for handing the win to Trump.

If they would ask about rating your approval from 1-10 I'd expect Trump to have a lower average.

People here pretending like the election wasn't stolen despite the obvious collusion, hacking of voter rolls, and inconsistencies in results on key states.

Can you imagine if Obama was allowed to run again, against Trump in 2020?

I'm trying to picture the utter insanity of that election year, especially from the Alt-Right.

Eh, that's for another topic I guess.

I wonder if he'd be more or less popular than Hillary?

legacyzero

Banned
I would say your assumption is correct. As much as I hate that man, I am incredibly upset at the campaign she ran and her loss unfortunately led to his win. I know it is heartless, but I never want to hear or see her, or any clinton, ever again after this last election.
I think this has some merit. The election was a fish in the barrel win, and the Democrats blew it worse that the Falcons. I wanted Hillary to win, too. We'd all be having a much better time than with Trump. But yeah, I think people just want her to stop at this point.

"BUT SEXISM!"

I mean, that probably plays a role, sure. But nobody can say seriously that it's the primary role. I mean, if that was the case, there was always Carly Fiorina and Michelle Bachman?
This is stupid.
Stupid because you don't like it, or stupid because it holds some water?
Why does this even matter good lord let this die.
It matters because she still wants to play a role in 2018 with a midterm drive, and still up in the air for a rematch in 2020. It very much matters.
I have to assume a huge chunk of those are people who believed in her before she blew it.
This is so simple.
That was a misstep and a half.

The best thing the Clintons could do for the country is to fade into obscurity. This includes Chelsea and any of her children.
Certainly not her worst mis-step. Her questionable behavior and convenient pivot on TPP, "having a public and private position", running ads with almost no policy substance or than "Trump is a dirty man!", and "running the most progressive campaign in history" just after admitting how Moderate you are at a rally, oh, and your opponent is Bernie-fucking-Sanders.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Why do people feel the need to keep bashing Clinton? When Mitt Romney lost, we saw the photo of him filling up his car and that was it... We didn't have articles 6 months later "Mitt Romney still lost the 2012 election."

I don't know. Maybe because Romney's a man. *shrugs* Though honestly, even though misogyny is a factor, I don't think it's necessarily the reason. People are just obsessed over Clinton to unfathomable degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom