• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bloomberg Poll: Hillary Clinton more unpopular than Donald Trump

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you vote for Trump?

If you didn't vote for her because you didn't like both, then yes you are. Anyone who didn't vote for Hillary because "emails" or she wasn't liberal enough or anger over Bernie losing is personal responsible for all the agony Trump is causing and deserves to have that hang over the heads for the rest of their lives.

I did vote for Hillary and she won my state overwhelmingly. Doesn't mean I like her now or ever liked her.

tenor.gif

Exodust

Banned
Ya gotta love how "telling it like it is" is actually a losing strategy.

"telling it like it is" doesn't really amount to much when what it is differs from person to person.

I was fine with Hillary, but many absolutely hated her, whether they were dems or republicans. It didn't start with emails either. She's been scrutinized for decades. Some LGBT people don't trust her because of DOMA, african americans don't trust her due to some choice words she had when she ran against Obama in the Democratic primary in 2008. Hillary has always been a controversial figure.

She could have still won the election but chose to run her campaign in a way that ignored some key states. That is the straw that broke he camels back for a lot of people. Trump is an insane idiot but he has a base that is more or less loyal to him, Hillary's is a lot rockier than that.

So it isn't exactly shocking to find out after she lost that her popularity is much lower. Sucks that a woman who worked hard up to this point lost to an unqualified idiot who personifies all that is wrong with America, but there's a lot more to it than that. And ignoring that won't help going forward.

Servbot24

Banned
Republicans disapprove of her by default. After the election many Democrats also disapprove of her for completely different reasons.

Codeblue

Romney also faded away, too though. He isn't a political impact anymore. Hell, if anything, the "new-Media like Secular Talk and TYT rib on Romney still, especially Obamacare being based on a Romney and GOP think tank, which has all sorts of irony.

Hillary in the other hand keeps on coming back. Which is why she's still being discussed

Romney did not fade away. This is either some heavy confirmation bias or you're not connected to reality.

Dude was photographed eating dinner with Trump, talking about a possible secretary of state job a couple of months ago. He lost in 2012, if you don't remember.

Loxley

Republicans still like Trump and Democrats will never stop tearing each other apart. It's working out really well for us, I hope we keep it up.

We've seen a wave a liberal activism in the last six months that was previously unheard of, but sure.

Maxim726X

No one should be surprised.

She's been subject to the Republican hit machine for decades. Shit, she's *still* subject to attacks from the right.

That stink stays. A fact we sadly ignored in 2016.

I don't see it happening, honestly

Of course she hasn't said it, but it's heavily rumored within he DNC in the list of potential contenders, next to Long list of other contenders like Warren, Gillibrand, Booker, Kaine, etc
http://www.cnn.com/2017/05/02/polit...-donald-trump0549PMVODtopLink&linkId=37115260

Normally went you make a claim like it's heavily rumoured she'll run again and provide a link that link should contain evidence of said rumour.

Clinton is not mentioned in that article once beyond Tim Kaine might run.

The people that didn't like her still don't like her and some of the people that did like her now don't because she lost and they're stuck with Donald Trump.

Also, the rightwing hit machine is still 100% focused on Hillary. It's all they have left. They're the dog that caught the car.

Has a defeated candidate for the US-presidency ever been dogpiled upon for such a long time after the election?

I mean Gore and Kerry were both pretty unpopular after losing, I'm pretty sure.

People don't like people who lose!

The people that didn't like her still don't like her and some of the people that did like her now don't because she lost and they're stuck with Donald Trump.

This is literally all it is.

legacyzero

Banned
Hillary occasionally speaks publicly, but she has not been terribly active since the election. Trump and people like Hannity spend far more time talking about Hillary than she does interjecting into the current public conversation.

Are you a time traveler? She hasn't been "coming back".

Schattenjäger;243809526 said:
In fairness, I originally came across the post article so that's where I got the "still"

I tried to find a neutral source but retained the still
And yes as a New Yorker I like to read the post .. guilty pleasure

http://nypost.com/2017/07/18/clinton-is-still-apparently-more-unpopular-than-trump/

Has Hillary really had that high of a profile since the election, though? She's done couple interviews and done some non-campaining speeches.

I think part of is that 2016 is still being widely discussed, widely re-litigated, widely reviled which keeps Hillary actively in peoples' minds, whether or not she's even doing anything herself.

She's barely said boo. Please come back down to Earth
I mean, many interviews, rumors (yeah I know)

But it's not just the now people are looking at, but the near future

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/will-hillary-clinton-get-involved-in-the-2018-midterm-elections/
http://observer.com/2017/07/hillary-plots-to-revive-clintonism-in-2018-elections/amp/
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341052-hillary-clinton-looks-for-her-role-in-midterms?amp

Democrats just can't sit and wait for the GOP to keep screwing even their own voter base in hopes that it's what gives them the edge.

But yet-

data

Ugh... screams policy substance
Normally went you make a claim like it's heavily rumoured she'll run again and provide a link that link should contain evidence of said rumour.

Clinton is not mentioned in that article once beyond Tim Kaine might run.
I mean I could always post a Secular Talk link, but we all know how much you love YouTube links. I love your snark.
Romney did not fade away. This is either some heavy confirmation bias or you're not connected to reality.

Dude was photographed eating dinner with Trump, talking about a possible secretary of state job a couple of months ago. He lost in 2012, if you don't remember.
The context of my conversation was after he lost. And even then he got hung out to dry like the chimp they both are. Romney was struggling for relevancy as much as Hillary is now.

Schattenjäger;243810093 said:
You could argue the "still" makes the poll less damaging, no?

No because it'd be framing it like she was always less popular.

This whole poll is nonsense and meaningless and you know it. There's nothing damaging.

All it says is more Republicans like Trump than Democrats like Clinton which yeah no shit he won and she lost.

stupei

Romney also faded away, too though. He isn't a political impact anymore. Hell, if anything, the "new-Media like Secular Talk and TYT rib on Romney still, especially Obamacare being based on a Romney and GOP think tank, which has all sorts of irony.

Hillary in the other hand keeps on coming back. Which is why she's still being discussed

Hillary attained a much higher profile office than Romney, so it's no surprise that she's still asked to give speeches on occasion, even so close to a loss.

There's something ironic about the fact that now that she is giving very public speeches, that's also painted as a bad and suspicious thing.

It's almost like she can't actually win some people over, no matter what she does at all.

kmfdmpig

To be fair, I imagine that some of the people who disapprove of Hillary do so coming from the left and being disappointed that she fumbled what should have been a victory. That's not really a sign that those people prefer Trump, I don't think.

KingV

If you think they're the same, then yes, you are.

I voted for her, and wish she would have won but still don't like her.

I think it's a matter of degrees. I hate Trump, but think Hillary just kind of sucks, ran a shit campaign, cynically propped up Trump in the republican primary, and helped to deliver that shit sandwich into the White House.

You can dislike both and recognize that one is infinitely better than the other.

Schattenjäger

Gabriel Knight
No because it'd be framing it like she was always less popular.

This whole poll is nonsense and meaningless and you know it. There's nothing damaging.

All it says is more Republicans like Trump than Democrats like Clinton which yeah no shit he won and she lost.
I don't think you understand my point

Less popular - still less popular <------ not as bad
More popular - now less popular <------ more people dislike her than before

I don't think we need to get hung up over the "still" part

Considering how cogressional republicans are trying to take healthcare from millions of people, Dems running as an opposition party makes sense.

I mean I could always post a Secular Talk link, but we all know how much you love YouTube links. I love your snark.

If you want credibility, linking to Secular Talk isn't the way to go.

That idiot keeps purposefully downplaying Russia investigation.

It's almost like she can't actually win some people over, no matter what she does at all.

Yep. She is forever that bitch eating crackers

legacyzero

Banned
Hillary attained a much higher profile office than Romney, so it's no surprise that she's still asked to give speeches on occasion, even so close to a loss.

There's something ironic about the fact that now that she is giving very public speeches, that's also painted as a bad and suspicious thing.

I agree to a point.

It would actually help her more if she could actually admit and come to terms with the many reasons she lost, other than Comey and Sexism alone. Sure hey we're factors, but I would argue that they weren't the main ones.
If you want credibility, linking to Secular Talk isn't the way to go.

That idiot keeps purposefully downplaying Russia investigation.
I'll actually agree with you to a point here. He's very oddly downplaying it which is fuckin frustrating, though I will defend him on the basis that he's criticizing not only the media, but DEMOCRATS for it being nearly the only thing they're talking about. It's all Russia, when they need to be talking about the issues.
Observer which is the most aggressive and insinuative literally a former Kushner rag

The other two just say she wants to help.

You're talking in conjecture that I can only assume is sourced from places you don't want to actuallly share because your links don't support your paranoia
Yet you HAVNT actually provided ME anything to the contrary. I think I'll just stop responding to your posts until you can maybe talk to me in a more mature manner, hmm?

http://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/will-hillary-clinton-get-involved-in-the-2018-midterm-elections/
http://observer.com/2017/07/hillary-plots-to-revive-clintonism-in-2018-elections/amp/
http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/341052-hillary-clinton-looks-for-her-role-in-midterms?amp

Democrats just can't sit and wait for the GOP to keep screwing even their own voter base in hopes that it's what gives them the edge.

But yet-

data

The context of my conversation was after he lost. And even then he got hung out to dry like the chimp they both are. Romney was struggling for relevancy as much as Hillary is now.

Observer which is the most aggressive and insinuative literally a former Kushner rag

The other two just say she wants to help.

You're talking in conjecture that I can only assume is sourced from places you don't want to actuallly share because your links don't support your paranoia

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
To be fair, I imagine that some of the people who disapprove of Hillary do so coming from the left and being disappointed that she fumbled what should have been a victory. That's not really a sign that those people prefer Trump, I don't think.

clearly but when you turn politics into a team sport you're either with her or a misogynistic racist piece of human garbage though

Schattenjäger;243811023 said:
I don't think you understand my point

Less popular - still less popular <------ not as bad
More popular - now less popular <------ more people dislike her than before

I don't think we need to get hung up over the "still" part

Dude...

You're cellophane.

I understand exactly what you're doing.

The first is worst because it ties into when this popularity poll mattered.

The second is the logical and meaningless outcome of losing an election.

Blader

I agree to a point.

It would actually help her more if she could actually admit and come to terms with the many reasons she lost, other than Comey and Sexism alone. Sure hey we're factors, but I would argue that they weren't the main ones.

She has publicly taken personal responsibility for herself, pointed out the failings of her campaign, etc. She mentions Comey and Russia a lot, because: a) interference into a presidential election by a foreign power and the then-director of the FBI is a huge fucking deal and completely unprecedented and should never be allowed to happen again, and b) Comey's letter was what pushed enough undecided voters over the line in Trump's direction right at the end.

Of all the many factors that contributed to Trump's win, Comey was literally the final one.

Future

Makes sense. Everyone hated her. Including many liberals. It's why trump won at the end.....literally that many people hated hillary

hokahey

I really think anyone younger than 35 would have a tough time remembering all of the Clinton scandals and why she is so disliked.

legacyzero

Banned
She has publicly taken personal responsibility for herself, pointed out the failings of her campaign, etc. She mentions Comey and Russia a lot, because: a) interference into a presidential election by a foreign power and the then-director of the FBI is a huge fucking deal and completely unprecedented and should never be allowed to happen again, and b) Comey's letter was what pushed enough undecided voters over the line in Trump's direction right at the end.

Of all the many factors that contributed to Trump's win, Comey was literally the final one.
Yah, again, they were factors. And perhaps Comey was the final nail. My debate was "were they the BIGGEST factors"
you are the chris cillizza of OT
Of course, a lot of it is conjecture. But with her intent in 2018, and no downright confirmation that she isn't, I'd say it isn't water-tight. But it holds water.

KingV

I agree to a point.

This too. In interviews she seems mostly incapable of recognizing or taking responsibility for her own role in losing the election except in the most perfunctory way.

Like yeah Trump cheated, and yeah Comey screwed her, but there were a ton of own goals. The only reason she almost won was because Trump was so terrible.

But yet-

data

First, not going to argue that that ad represents woefully insufficient messaging. Democrats absolutely need to learn that we can't rely on the awfulness of Republicans to sufficiently drive enough people towards Democratic candidates.

Also, I've said many times that I think Hillary Clinton needs to maintain a low-to-nonexistent profile when it comes to involvement in greater Democratic party campaigning. It's one thing to insist that decades of attacks provided an unfair rationale for her to step aside from the limelight prior to 2016, but having had the mantle of Democratic nominee and lost it, now it's pretty undeniable that she should step aside. I stop short of those asking her to absolutely pariah herself and become a complete recluse, but I do think the Democratic party stands to fare better if she herself chooses not to be a prominent figure going forward. Most of this is still speculation at the moment so I'll save my criticism if and when she decides to reinsert herself into campaign politics.

Yet you HAVNT actually provided ME anything to the contrary. I think I'll just stop responding to your posts until you can maybe talk to me in a more mature manner, hmm?

You want me to prove a negative?

You're the one claiming a bunch of things via "rumours" and unsourced conjecture. Onus is on you to support your actual claims. Not making insinuations and link to more conjecture that don't say anything remotely akin to your claims.

you are the chris cillizza of OT

Fun fact the CNN article they linked to first was written by Cillizza

She's literally telling you to read your own sources and post something that actually supports your argument because you clearly haven't, and you're asking her to be more mature? You have no self awareness.

Fergie

Banned
It's not really a surprise. Hillary has been talked negatively by the right for decades and most of that stuff permeates most discussions about her, even for some of the left.

There also fair criticism of her past actions but that's for most politicians.

Can't say I'm a fan of either of them, but given the choice of Trump v Hillary, I'd vote for the latter every time.

That's the thing. Trump voters/Republicans love Trump and stick by him. Can't be said for most Clinton supporters. Most Clinton supporters voted for her just to not get Trump as president. Not because they genuinely love her.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom