• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

Lucent

Awesome! I was waiting on a great 3DS XL sale and this is possibly the best way cuz I have a $22 Target gift card and some stuff on ebay that should be sold well before then. Looks like I'll be getting a 3DS XL that week. Blue one. I'll get those Fire Emblem decals off etsy later. =D

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
If only my backlog wasn't staring at me menacingly from the shelves, I might have thought about picking one of these up. The blow is somewhat tempered by the fact that Resident Evil Revelations is coming to consoles, and that was the main reason I was interested in the 3DS to begin with.

randomkid

You could if you don't open the console. If you open it they most likely won't let you exchange it unless there's a defect with the console itself that's not caused by you.

Hmm, yeah, Best Buy's policy was that even if you opened it you could return the system within a month. That's how I was able to essentially rent the original 3DS back when the ambassador games came out.

Would be nice if Target had a similar deal just in case.

I want to get a 3DS XL in the future. The black XL is almost out but it's still €187 :/

The Animal Crossing and the Charizard XL are really sexy.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Hmm, yeah, Best Buy's policy was that even if you opened it you could return the system within a month. That's how I was able to essentially rent the original 3DS back when the ambassador games came out.

Would be nice if Target had a similar deal just in case.

That's pretty shitty.

Meia

Dammit, I wanted one to prep for shin megami tensei 4, and this is a great deal, but tax season is upon us, blargh.

*goes to figure out finances*

What's stopping anyone from buying this version of the 3DS then just buying a skin for it? They make those, don't they?

This is my current plan. :)

Drago

This is the closest we're gonna get to a white XL, isn't it?
Well the Animal Crossing XL is likely to come over, that one is a white XL with a speckled Animal Crossing pattern.

Animal-Crossing-3DS-XL-1-500x312.jpg

It's my favorite special edition XL design so I really hope we see it come to NA. At this point I don't see NoA releasing a plain white XL :(

what is the deal with the XL having by far the worst colors and styles?!? I mean blue isnt bad but how about a black/gray/white

please Nintendo?

My Ambassador 3ds is still going strong, I really want an XL but not until we get some better colors.

Well the Animal Crossing XL is likely to come over, that one is a white XL with a speckled Animal Crossing pattern.

It's my favorite special edition XL design so I really hope we see it come to NA. At this point I don't see NoA releasing a plain white XL :(

really likely to come out in june with ac. cant wait

Paskil

This is very tempting for me, not because I'm a huge Pokemon fan (I'm not), but because of the price point. I regret not buying one last holiday season since they had it on sale and it was the bundle version with Mario Kart. I might just go out and try to snag a few and pack them away to resell in the future.

Hmm...

Kyzer

Banned
If this is representative of the entire industry, we're in for a rapidly changing enivronment. Damn that was fast. 3DS just effectively replaced the DS at the same price in not even 2 years?

I fully expect to see new Nintendo hardware in 2015 (release 2016).

I would get it if it wasn't so embarrassing... Why can't they just give us the charizard one :(

But the price is quite tempting. Almost at the sweet spot where I wouldn't be able to edit upgrading my normal 3DS.
Nothing against pikachu, but I would feel too weird playing that on the subway. Though I guess its less likely to get me mugged.

Nose Master

This looks like a shower curtain.

Also, this price isn't really that great.

This will be very nice combined with their buy two get one free deal. I was thinking NSMB 2, Fire Emblem, and ??

Recommendations? I already have Kid Icarus, Paper Sticker, the 3D Mario. Maybe Luigi's mansion will be good. I just have to find time to play all these damn games.

This will be very nice combined with their buy two get one free deal. I was thinking NSMB 2, Fire Emblem, and ??

Recommendations? I already have Kid Icarus, Paper Sticker, the 3D Mario. Maybe Luigi's mansion will be good. I just have to find time to play all these damn games.

Get Luigi so you can get Star Fox or Layton for free.

sixclaws

Banned

The only problem is that this promotion starts and Luigi's Mansion 2 come out the day after the buy 2 get 1 free promotion ends.

Top Bottom