• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

Miker

image.php

M3z_

This is awesome I sold my 3dsxl for $185 on ebay just a few weeks ago because I figured I should sell it now while I have nothing I want to play so I could get the best price return for when a color or design I actually liked came out. Might even buy 2 and see if it becomes a collectors item.

Damn it, this is too tempting. I want to hold out for the white, or at least for a Charizard Black, but part of me wants to settle for half white/half yellow.

I can't believe the 360 is still $249.

but I guess it comes with a few extras.

I really don't see that as a good deal. I got mine on Black Friday in 2011 for $200 with Fable 3, a code for Halo Reach, 3 months of XBL, a headset, and 250GB on the inside. And this was from NewEgg.

so if the regular 3DS is $130 for ALL models.......the fire emblem edition is $130 :eek:

if they even carry that. or you can try to price match it at best buy

or you can get the mario kart bundle for $160. im really tempted to sell mine now ans get superior blue

So since the deal ends the day before luigi releases, I could just buy two get one free and then return one the next day and exchange it for weegee right?

HardRojo

That should be the new regular price for any XL model, that aside, I'd only get the Pikachu one for a collection, no way I'd take it outside or even play with it, looks too much like a kid's toy and the new Pikachu design doesn't help, that Charizard XL on the other hand...

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Damn I'm really trying to resist getting a 3DS XL until the white one comes out. The blue one doesn't look as bad as I thought it would in real life. The Pikachu one just looks lazy.

I'm also debating with myself whether I should try my hardest to try and get a Fire Emblem 3DS Bundle. They are mostly all sold out. I already own a launch 3DS so it would be more a collector need than anything. It looks cool >_>

Paskil

I just forced my own hand. Best Buy is running their regularly scheduled B2/G1 preowned sale so I snagged Order of Ecclesia, Protrait of Ruin, and Bowser's Inside Story. Now I have to get a 3DS XL so I can actually play them.

Kumo

Pikachu is my childhood favorite but I don't know if I want to be caught carrying that around.

If I had more money, I might have gotten it just for collection purposes.

woodypop

Yeah, I know it's a weird place to ask, but is there any info on when the 3D Space Harrier is supposed to be out?

I don't have a 3DS yet, but Space Harrier would be my killer ap. If it comes out soon, I might just jump on the Pikachu edition come March 24th.

Michan

Would somebody be able to pick one of these up for me, please? I can send funds to cover cost + shipping via PayPal.

Many thanks!

clav

Dammit, why does it have to be the Pikachu edition? If it were a reagular one I'd do it. Dammit.

The sale is for all colors.

As for the 3DS unit itself, I am not going to buy one as I was suckered into a DS Lite, and I hardly played it after a month owning it.

Portable gaming consoles are dead to me.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
It was the nipples. I warned them but they didn't listen. No One wants to see Pikachu's nipples, Nintendo!

I don't get this thread's title. How can something that won't be out officially until the 24th be a bomba right now? o_O

I'm pretty sure that Target has planned a 3DS sale for a while and just decided to use the Pikachu 3DS XL as the perfect opportunity for such a sale. It kind of feels like Target and Best Buy have entered a sales war.

I don't get this thread's title. How can something that won't be out officially until the 24th be a bomba right now? o_O

I'm pretty sure that Target has planned a 3DS sale for a while and just decided to use the Pikachu 3DS XL as the perfect opportunity for such a sale. It kind of feels like Target and Best Buy have entered a sales war.

It's a joke.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Does the 3DSXL suffer from screen scratching issues? If it does, are there any recommendations here on ways to deal with that?

Cheska

What are the colors of the 3dsXL?

Red/Black, Blue/Black, Pink/White and now Pikachu/White in the US. Superior colors elsewhere :(

Does the 3DSXL suffer from screen scratching issues? If it does, are there any recommendations here on ways to deal with that?

I've owned one since close to launch and haven't noticed any screen scratching at all. The build is different so I don't think that particular issue affects the XL. However, if you're really worried you could always put a screen protector and/or a screen cleaning cloth between the two screen for when the system closes.

Hero

This is missing the Pikachu 3DS and the animal crossing and new teal 3DS and the monster hunter black 3DS, but this is pretty much the main ones available in the west today.

Uh not in America. I like how you use an image that has Japanese text in it.

etrain911

This might force my hand into buying into the 3DS, especially Animal Crossing is coming up. What does GAF recommend for the Club Nintendo deal: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Luigi's Mansion?

DashReindeer

Lead Community Manager, Outpost Games
Hmmmmmm. How rare is this gonna turn out? I might get it just for the collectibility.

I'd honestly consider getting one next weekend if there were better colors in the US. I'm kind of confused why there aren't more. Is Reggie waiting for a price drop?

Cheska

Hmmmmmm. How rare is this gonna turn out? I might get it just for the collectibility.

I'd honestly consider getting one next weekend if there were better colors in the US. I'm kind of confused why there aren't more. Is Reggie waiting for a price drop?

Well, some people are reporting that it's selling out in Canada :( Not sure about the US though.

javac

Uh not in America. I like how you use an image that has Japanese text in it.

What do thou mean? The text being in Japanese is irrelevant. He asked what 3DS XL colors are available and I posted an image showing a few of the colors. I then had a list of some of the newer colors out right now that are pretty new. I then said that SOME of these are available in the west. What did I say that offended you, I'd be happy to apologize, retract my statement and amend it if needs be.

I found an image, and uploaded it Imgur and posted it, with the intention of being helpful :(

It's a joke.

OOOOOOOOOOH. Now I feel silly because I basically explained the joke without actually getting the joke. :p

This might force my hand into buying into the 3DS, especially Animal Crossing is coming up. What does GAF recommend for the Club Nintendo deal: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon or Luigi's Mansion?

Are you a huge Pokemon Mystery Dungeon fan? If not, Luigi's Mansion.

javac

Also,

but this is pretty much the main ones available in the west today.

Was referring to the image, which as far as I'm aware contains all of the 3DS XL colors available in the US. Yes the image also contains the additional white and silver 3DS which isn't available in the us, but I'm sure you can realize that and ignore it?

He also said 3DS XL colors in general and didn't specify. It would also be an empty image if I only included the US colors lol.

No bad blood?

Sweet, been looking to unload my 360 since I've updated my pc. Will get the XL with monster hunter and fire emblem. Any other good games to check out other than the obvious Mario games?

Noof

Wow, this + the Luigi's Mansion deal on Club Nintendo is REALLY tempting. But I still don't like any of the available colors. :(

Top Bottom