• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BOMBA Pikachu 3DS XL $160 at Target on March 24th

Hero

Also,

Was referring to the image, which as far as I'm aware contains all of the 3DS XL colors available in the US. Yes the image also contains the additional white and silver 3DS which isn't available in the us, but I'm sure you can realize that and ignore it?

He also said 3DS XL colors in general and didn't specify. It would also be an empty image if I only included the US colors lol.

No bad blood?

No bad blood, but you weren't giving out full information. You should've specified which ones were available by region specifically instead of posting an image that shows Japanese ones and saying these are the main ones available in the west today when it only applies to 3 out of the 5 in the image. I get you were trying to be helpful which is great.

It's funny, I've wanted a 3DS for a while, but I've hated the colors. I don't like the red or the blue. I was tempted to get that limited edition Zelda one when it was released, but I figured I'd wait to get an XL. But I still don't like the XL colors. I just want a plain white or black one, not a pink/white one, or blue/black, or red/black. At this point, I'm tempted just to get the Pikachu one for the sake that it is still not the colors I want, but it is ludicrous enough to make me laugh when using it, and it may become an item to have one day, like the pikachu gameboy color or something. The XL colors are all matte finish, right?

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
It's funny, I've wanted a 3DS for a while, but I've hated the colors. I don't like the red or the blue. I was tempted to get that limited edition Zelda one when it was released, but I figured I'd wait to get an XL. But I still don't like the XL colors. I just want a plain white or black one, not a pink/white one, or blue/black, or red/black. At this point, I'm tempted just to get the Pikachu one for the sake that it is still not the colors I want, but it is ludicrous enough to make me laugh when using it, and it may become an item to have one day, like the pikachu gameboy color or something. The XL colors are all matte finish, right?

I have been waiting for an all white one as well, but the XL's don't look as bad in real life. In the official pictures they look like Fisher Price toys.

Here's a screenshot of one with the blue regular 3DS.

3ds-xl3.jpg

I might pick up one this Sunday. Remember that the Target Red Card takes off 5%! So the 3DS XL will be around $152 before tax.

Also, you can go pick this up now. I confirmed with my wife (who worked at Target) and a target sales rep at the store that if you have a receipt for an item that shows you purchased it within 14 days of a sale, they will honor the sale price and refund the difference.

I picked up a blue one. It looks so much better in real life than the box/pictures. It looks slick.

Will go back to Target this Sunday with my receipt and ad for the sale. They should refund the difference since I purchased it within 14 days.

FE:Awakening is pretty badass. My first JRPG and I am loving it. Tempted to pick up MH3U, and Luigi's Mansion (free Mario Download to boot).

This is my first handheld device and I was really stressed over the choice between Vita or 3DSXL. I think I made the right choice- especially since I like RPGs.

AirBrian

The matted blue on the XL is much better in person. I was also in the camp of waiting for more colors (black, gray, brown?) but couldn't hold out due to a bunch of credit from Christmas and finding a Mario Kart bundle. No regrets on getting the blue now. It's purdy.

aza

Also, you can go pick this up now. I confirmed with my wife (who worked at Target) and a target sales rep at the store that if you have a receipt for an item that shows you purchased it within 14 days of a sale, they will honor the sale price and refund the difference.

I picked up a blue one. It looks so much better in real life than the box/pictures. It looks slick.

Will go back to Target this Sunday with my receipt and ad for the sale. They should refund the difference since I purchased it within 14 days.

FE:Awakening is pretty badass. My first JRPG and I am loving it. Tempted to pick up MH3U, and Luigi's Mansion (free Mario Download to boot).

This is my first handheld device and I was really stressed over the choice between Vita or 3DSXL. I think I made the right choice- especially since I like RPGs.

Just called my local Target and confirmed this as well. I've been waiting for an all black color option to come out, but seeing as that probably won't happen for a while and with this upcoming sale + free game promotion going on right now I can't help but bite. I'm going to pick up the red/black one today.

R-User!

Just called my local Target and confirmed this as well. I've been waiting for an all black color option to come out, but seeing as that probably won't happen for a while and with this upcoming sale + free game promotion going on right now I can't help but bite. I'm going to pick up the red/black one today.

I missed it... What sale and free game? I'm in Target right now and I only see the buy 2 get 1 free sale... Is there another?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
What's Target's return policy on opened merchandise? Say I bought an XL and wanted to return it to get that Pikachu one...Would they do that or do they have a strict policy on opened electronics?

I missed it... What sale and free game? I'm in Target right now and I only see the buy 2 get 1 free sale... Is there another?
If you register a 3DS XL and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (or that Pokemon 3DS game) on Club Nintendo, you will be allowed to download one of five games: Super Mario 3D Land, Star Fox 64 3D, Professor Layton and the Mask of Miracles, Art Academy, or Freaky Forms.

I'm actually tempted to go for the Pikachu one.

How does bestbuy pricematch work? I think the closest target to me is Brooklyn and BB is much closer. Do you just bring in the ad with the price and they take it off at the register? Soooooo tempted

How does bestbuy pricematch work? I think the closest target to me is Brooklyn and BB is much closer. Do you just bring in the ad with the price and they take it off at the register? Soooooo tempted

Just show the Target ad to a cashier at Best Buy (or you can do this at customer service) using either a printout or your phone.

They'll just override the price and that should be it.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
He can go back to Target on Sunday with his receipt and get a price adjustment for the sale price. That's what I'll be doing too.

Exactly. After tax and using the red card my purchase was right around $200. So that's cool.

Goon Boon

Banned
If you have gamestop credit, they have 15% off the $200 price at gamestop. The catch is you have to have a $29.99 game in cart or the 15% off for the 3ds won't work.

f2NU7zo.png

Also works on Wii U's, not sure about other consoles.

Goon Boon

Banned
Also, all their coupons stack right now according to CAG.

Coupon CAG16 - 16% off all in-stock used games & dvds. Online only. Other restrictions may apply.
Coupon 15FREE - 15% off and free value shipping on orders of $29.99 or more of in-stock games and accessories. Offer excludes game consoles. Expires 3/24/13.

edit: err, both of these. 2save20 doesn't seem to stack, I'm dumb.

Chocobro

I felt this might be the better thread to ask this question: which choice should I go for?

1. My friend is planning to sell his like-new pink/white 3DS XL with screen protector applied for $150 flat.

2. Get blue/black for ($160+tax+~$5 screen protector) at Target because I like the black interior.

I was never bothered by my all white DS Lite, but I thought I would try something new and get a black interior 3DS XL. But my friend's offer is so good. Help me out :)

overcast

So this deal will go throughout the week, correct?

Also, if I get this, register it, and buy Luigi's Mansion my April 30th I get a free game right?

The hunt for a Pikachu 3DS begins today. I would have gone to TRU for this deal but apparently the deal is a typo? I guess I will be heading to Target.

Michan

Would somebody please be able to pick this up for me? I'm happy to cover the cost + shipping + any PayPal fees. I'd really appreciate it.

Bullza2o

Looks like I'll have to go to Target a bit earlier than 8AM to get one. If I don't get one, I'll probably just buy a Wii U or the Animal Crossing Edition for my sister.

Agh, not sure if I'll be able to wake up at 8 am to get this. I live too far away from my local Target and well, caffeine.

I sure hope they still have something in stock during the afternoon.

I know. Target is like 1-2 minutes from my house :3

Alarm is set for 7:45am, but I should probably set it for 7:30 lol.

Spin, is there a best buy closer to you that you can price match at?
Unfortunately, the Best Buy closest to me is in a mall that's in the same area of the Target. I'll do my best to get there early. If not, well, damn.

Ndayday

Neo Member
Limited stock at mine...godddd dammittttt. I'd be fine with a normal XL but man...I won't lie, I really just want the Pikachu. Might have to go over there this morning...

Top Bottom