• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bravely Second subtitle revealed: End Layer [Bravely Default spoilers lurk within]

Looking good!

Really wish the models in-game could capture the feel of the official art a little better instead of being so chibi-fied. Love Yoshida's work.
I think my problem is the disjointedness. If the game is chibi, fine. Be chibi, but stop throwing all this awesome "official" art in my face that looks utterly different from the game's style.
Yeah, I feel like I'd love a console cel-shaded/painterly incarnation of these games, similar to Valkyria Chronicles' CANVAS engine.
That would be amazing.

Dice//

Banned
Looking good!

Really wish the models in-game could capture the feel of the official art a little better instead of being so chibi-fied. Love Yoshida's work.

I really don't get why they didn't opt for this for the CG trailers. FFTactics did it well enough, and like the other poster said, Valkyria Chronicles really made something of it too.

L~A

Costume you get with the Magnolia statue they unveiled last year, and coming out in March.

FREE_ITEM76.jpg

ss-hikaru

Pre-order costumes......... and here we have our party, folks.

Man I love those costumes. Although Magnolia's is a bit... XD Yuu's such a cutie, outfit looks kinda too big for him LOL. Edea's one is shouting cosplay meeeee. That last dude, he's not Jean is he? Wait, that's not Tiz is it? o_O Either way he's got frickin awesome hair.

FluxWaveZ

Pre-order costumes......... and here we have our party, folks.

Seems like it.

Costume you get with the Magnolia statue they unveiled last year, and coming out in March.

Incoming censorship scandal, part 2.

But if you didn't see it coming literally miles and miles away, I don't know what to say

Obviously. I detested Bravely Default's latter half, and this was a core reason why. Didn't stop me from enjoying the title twist.

Soriku

Also, is that gonna be the cover?
I pray to the Gods that it is.

Didn't think of that...I hope it is too.

I'm liking the party. Two new characters, and I like their designs. Then we have Edea who is cool, and then edgy Tiz.

Man I love those costumes. Although Magnolia's is a bit... XD Yuu's such a cutie, outfit looks kinda too big for him LOL. Edea's one is shouting cosplay meeeee. That last dude, he's not Jean is he? Wait, that's not Tiz is it? o_O Either way he's got frickin awesome hair.
Yep Tiz
Seems like it.

Incoming censorship scandal, part 2.

Considering it's a dlc costume from first print figure, pretty sure that costume won't come to west just like any other dlc costumes in For the Sequel :^)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
The best part about the original title thing is
BRAVELY DEFAULT IS NOT FINAL FANTASY. NOT FF! GAH! WEE! SPLURGE FART

Vena

I am totally going to ship Magnolia and Tiz on the basis of stylishness.

Also that last pre-order costum character is Tiz, right? Good to see him confirmed. Any word on Ringabel so far or just vague voice hints?

I am totally going to ship Magnolia and Tiz on the basis of stylishness.

Also that last pre-order costum character is Tiz, right? Good to see him confirmed. Any word on Ringabel so far or just vague voice hints?

It's not pre-order costume but a bonus if you linked the demo game with your SE members account. And yes that's Tiz

Vena

More like blatant voice hints XD Which makes me super curious because really, hoowww???!!!

How what? He's not dead. Only mystery was
where he ended up at the end. I feel like the way Edea is now would suggest her Artemis is dead and gone, and our Ringabel went back to his layer.

Fandangox

so.... should I finish BD?

I mean i got to the end of chapter 4 and mid chapter 5.. I heard it just gets worse at this point.

Were you playing for the plot, or battle system?

Cause the plot gets a lot worse bad from that point on, but the best boss battles start to appear from chapter 6+ forward.

Were you playing for the plot, or battle system?

Cause the plot gets a lot worse bad from that point on, but the best boss battles start to appear from chapter 6+ forward.

both to be honest. Loved the battle system and was loving the plot to a particular point.

I really feel like the first game gets so much overblown hate for its second half, which is a shame because it's a great game and all the hyperbole is probably discouraging people who would enjoy it (and really this is the kind of game we need SE to keep making, people). And honestly, it wasn't even that bad. Repetitive, yes, but the stellar battle system and all the options you get with it makes it way more bearable, and the
real last boss and ending
are totally worth it.

Anyway...hope we don't have to wait as long for this one.

ss-hikaru

How what? He's not dead. Only mystery was
where he ended up at the end. I feel like the way Edea is now would suggest her Artemis is dead and gone, and our Ringabel went back to his layer.

Yeah exactly,
Ringabel was only able to get back to his world (confirmed in one of the novels I believe, are they canon?) due to the Sage's help, so how will he get back to Edea/Agnes/Tiz's world? Fall down another beam of light I guess
XD

Hmmm, calling the worlds 'layers' makes me see the subtitle in a whole new light. Didn't think of the parallel worlds in that way before :O thx XD

L~A

It's not pre-order costume but a bonus if you linked the demo with your SE members account. And yes that's Tiz

No it's not. 4Gamer.net article is quite clear about that: it's a bonus you get for the linking the full game on the Squeenix member website. You'll have until May 31st to do so.

Not technically a pre-order bonus though.

tenchir

What if it's an anagram?

End Layer > Early End

This game will be short.

edit: crap, early posts got it before me.

Qurupeke

Probably
Bend Slayer
, then?

Those B and S letters aren't in the title, and it's the first letters of their respective word.

Hmm...

Nah, doubt it's that obvious.

This seems right. But what's a
Bend Slayer
?

zeromcd73

If he is the final boss and one of his lines is "Does this face... ring a bell?" I will throw my 3DS out of a window.
LOL. That is brilliant.

But yeah, totally serious that Ringabell is the main bad guy. At the start of this trailer there is a blank screen with a voice saying that they'll protect Edea no matter who opposes. It isn't the same voice as the bad guy shown, and it does sound like an evil version of Ringabell's voice >.>

LOL. That is brilliant.

But yeah, totally serious that Ringabell is the main bad guy. At the start of this trailer there is a blank screen with a voice saying that they'll protect Edea no matter who opposes. It isn't the same voice as the bad guy shown, and it does sound like an evil version of Ringabell's voice >.>

That is Anazel D's (or Alternis in english version) voice btw

ss-hikaru

LOL. That is brilliant.

Edea's a party member though...so saving Edea from herself? :p God knows she needs it, her dietary habits are insanely bad....and they even added freaking pâtissier as a new job!

Top Bottom