• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

BritGAF |OT4| - "Our Only Goal In Life Is To Become As Alpha As Possible"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Selfish Pizza

Neo Member
I loved it.

iz0eRlhMooedn.gif

I really need to see that film now!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I thought Spring Breakers was awesome. Very weird movie but it worked for me on nearly every level it was pitched it. Hilarious, super well shot, girls were sexy, fairly interesting social commentary, requires a little bit of work by the viewer. Well worth a watch. I think its on Canadian Netflix.

Sorry. I didn't mean to pigeon hole you. Just be you. And as for not exploring, ah well. I feel that way about men but I'm happy and in love and that's more important than what's between a human's legs.

Oh don't apologise! It's not you, just society wants to stick a label on everyone. I've never really liked the term bisexual, I tend to define myself as straight if anyone asks. I probably prefer men but I've just always fancied women, only been with one though (but have kissed a fair few)

SKINNER!

Banned
Oi. It was a prev-gen reference. Don't be bringing that modern rubbish around here.

ibodwptoTQg2JP.gif

Well I suppose the thread is going to be closed soon anywho...

Might as well go out with a bang

nW2De47.jpg

For the record, the movie is pretty weak but I figured it would've been a better balaclava reference than Pussy Riot

I thought Spring Breakers was awesome. Very weird movie but it worked for me on nearly every level it was pitched it. Hilarious, super well shot, girls were sexy, fairly interesting social commentary, requires a little bit of work by the viewer. Well worth a watch. I think its on Canadian Netflix.

Typical fucking response from Jedz lololol All that's missing is the SmokyDave seal of approval.

jimbor

Banned
Oh don't apologise! It's not you, just society wants to stick a label on everyone. I've never really liked the term bisexual, I tend to define myself as straight if anyone asks. I probably prefer men but I've just always fancied women, only been with one though (but have kissed a fair few)

Scissoring and all?

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
how exactly do I tell my ex I still love her after 3 years?

Life's full of missed opportunities Cyanide, and from what you've written it sounds like this one is missed already.

I get that for your own sake you need to tell her how you feel, and I respect and understand that. But you can only do that if you can do it in a way that leaves your relationship - whatever it turns out to be - in a better place than it is now. And that means you need to be prepared for the possibility of rejection, to not give even the slightest hint of putting her under pressure or emotional blackmail, and to not necessarily expect an answer of any kind, and to do it face to face. And you'll only be able to do that if you can do it with good humour and a sort of self-deprecating smile and without quizzing her about her current relationship. Probably means avoiding use of the L-word too.

And possibly with your fingers crossed behind your back.

If you do, then good luck to you. Not for getting the girl back (I don't know enough to be sure that would be a good outcome), but for coming out of it relatively unscathed and with a better, more open relationship with her and your daughter - because that's probably the best you should be hoping for right now.

I tend to go to gay clubs so I usually assume that if you're in there, you're open minded.

Gay clubs and bars is where it is at these days. It used to be a whole lot more complicated in the distant past. I spent a lot of my life in gay bars, partly because the Golden Cross in Cardiff was by far the easiest place to get a served on a match day, partly because it's somewhere I wouldn't get tempted away from Mrs p, and partly because I just liked the atmosphere. Gay bars tend to be much more open and welcoming than other pubs - kind of like evangelicals versus high church.

What a day. I'm not sure I have the mental health for this job. Spent most of weekend in a depressed cloud. I know thats really oh woe is me cos I should be grateful to have a job let alone a relatively high paying one but bloody hell. Kids - don't do law. and don't work with businesses. Oh woe etc.

You got my deepest sympathy sploat. I kind of loved doing this sort of thing when I was in big business, but then I'd always only drag the lawyers in at the last minute, so I'd probably have been one of your most-hated clients!

8bit

Knows the Score
Do energy drinks need to taste of batteries and salt to convince you of their effectiveness?

When I were a lad we didn't have energy drinks other than Lucozade in big bottles covered in orange foil. If you wanted to pull an all-nighter speed was pretty much the only solution. I spent most of 1993 awake playing Elite II: Frontier and living in a wardrobe.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
Mornin'

Do energy drinks need to taste of batteries and salt to convince you of their effectiveness?

When I were a lad we didn't have energy drinks other than Lucozade in big bottles covered in orange foil. If you wanted to pull an all-nighter speed was pretty much the only solution. I spent most of 1993 awake playing Elite II: Frontier and living in a wardrobe.

Playing Frontier on speed? Fuck that. The five setting time controls still wouldn't be fast enough. I'd have chewed my cheeks off by the time I hit Wolf 359.

You have a point about energy drinks though.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I don't trust energy drinks at all, and I think it's weird how so many people have become reliant on them. You shouldn't need any stimulants to make it through the day, just get more sleep dammit.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
You got my deepest sympathy sploat. I kind of loved doing this sort of thing when I was in big business, but then I'd always only drag the lawyers in at the last minute, so I'd probably have been one of your most-hated clients!

Thanks Sheep. The long term plan is to make it to late middle age without burning out and retire to a country cottage where we can keep dogs, pigs and chickens. In the short term, I'm just glad to make it to the end of the day without tears / getting the sack / swearing at someone.

NinjaBoiX

I don't trust energy drinks at all, and I think it's weird how so many people have become reliant on them. You shouldn't need any stimulants to make it through the day, just get more sleep dammit.
Energy drinks are regularly drunk but the local miscreants and dregs of society round my way. They don't get that posh Relentless stuff though, they swig that 20p Happy Shopper swill by the bucketful.
Worst nights sleep ever.
I've done my knee in, sleep was fairly painful.

On the plus side, our routinely tedious and almost entirely redundant monthly group brief at work was mercifully short this morning. I was out of there by 8:10. Boooosh!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
What the fuck dude? How am I a pedo for liking those movies?

It was yesterday's running gag, cartoons are for paedos. You should be ashamed of yourself. You're on a list etc

Need to think of a new offensive thing to judge BGAF by today.

edit: also Jimbor is a massive cunt, don't take it to heart at all

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member

If someone were to cut me, I'm pretty sure that I'd bleed a weird combination of coffee, Red Bull and cigarette smoke.

Sleep is for the WEAK.

NinjaBoiX

I've not seen 21 Grams. Del Toro's in it though, right? Love me some Del Toro.
Yup, Benicio Del Toro, Sean Penn and Naomi Watts, a trifecta of acting awesomeness. It's a proper gut punch of a movie, really wrenches your heart strings, it's so, so moving. I was close to tears a few times, it just blew me away.

The score by Gustavo Santaolalla (TLoU, Babel and our movie, Brokeback Mountain) is so haunting too.

Edit:

21 Grams was great. Has the dubious honour of being the first film I saw on my own at the cinema. Loved every minute of it.
I watched it alone, utterly mesmerised, and started clapping as the credits rolled without even realising. It's certainly a movie to watch in the right mood, it's like the anti-Tangled, but it's fucking amazing.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
I'll get on that then. Usefully, I know next to nothing else about it.

I was close to tears a few times, it just blew me away.

Oh, really? I'm terrible with crying during films. I can't get through a Pixar movie without at least a litre of water on hand to recoup the loss. Heck, I didn't make it through the original Die Hard without losing my shit.

I'll get on that then. Usefully, I know next to nothing else about it.

Oh, really? I'm terrible with crying during films. I can't get through a Pixar movie without at least a litre of water on hand to recoup the loss. Heck, I didn't make it through the original Die Hard without losing my shit.

Real men cry at films

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
21 Grams was great. Has the dubious honour of being the first film I saw on my own at the cinema. Loved every minute of it.

First film I saw on my lonesome was a weird Japanese religious cult film I went to see as a joke and report on for AnimeGAF.

Was slightly awkward trying not to laugh while being in the same room as said religious cultists who were taking the ridiculousness of the film very seriously.

Screaming Meat

Unconfirmed Member
That used to be so good. I got introduced to so many good shows like Venture Bros, Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Space Ghost coast to coast etc.

These used to have me in absolute stitches.

I'm not sure if it's the case now, but season 2 & 3 of Venture Bros. were Region 1 only last time I checked. Mental.

SKINNER!

Banned
How do you get Adult Swim over here? I remember it used to be on after Bravo shut down for the night.

Adultswim uploads full eps of Rick and Morty on youtube. I don't think it gets shown here however the Adult swim DVDs are being slowly released.

That used to be so good. I got introduced to so many good shows like Venture Bros, Frisky Dingo, Harvey Birdman, Robot Chicken, Sealab, Space Ghost coast to coast etc.

My man!!! Metalocalypse too.

Not long until the new thread's coming woooo!

EDIT: blast from the past: Tubthumping just came on the spotify shuffle. Forgot how great that Brassed off quote is at the beginning.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Yeah we need to burn through this thread fast so we can get the new one. We can do 150 posts in a day, right? I'll chuck in some patented Jedeye triple posts to help us along :p

That Snowden thread in the OT has got me thinking about Aliens again, brilliant fun. Bit worried I might get banned for being anti-semitic maybe, but the mod has seen my post I assume...

theaface

That Snowden thread in the OT has got me thinking about Aliens again, brilliant fun. Bit worried I might get banned for being anti-semitic maybe, but the mod has seen my post I assume...

For what it's worth, I'm Jewish and I didn't take any offence from it. The whole topic just seems pants-on-head crazy.

For what it's worth, I'm Jewish and I didn't take any offence from it. The whole topic just seems pants-on-head crazy.

How Jewish are you? I mean, are you Jewish just because you were raised that way but you don't really practise your religion, or do you still believe in it whole heartedly and follow it daily?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Yeah we need to burn through this thread fast so we can get the new one. We can do 150 posts in a day, right? I'll chuck in some patented Jedeye triple posts to help us along :p

I can help with this, you anti-semite. Leave the Semites alone! It's bad enough with afoni being a lesbophobe misogynist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom