• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Smokey

game wasn't as fun as i thought it would be (based on the demo).

demoted down from a purchase to gamefly rental. maybe it's better that way anyway. games galore for me right now.

Adam J.

The fun I've had with Bulletstorm's demo reminds me of the good times I had with the original Tony Hawk demo (1997?) that they'd give you at Pizza Hut.

Wonder if anyone is doing a midnight launch for this game. I need it ASAP.

big_z

Discotheque said:
The giant bosses are gonna rock it. But it being a GFWL game I'm gonna wait on a sale. Despise that service.

didnt microsoft recently overhaul GFWL? i've been playing dead rising 2 on pc and have no issues with the service.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
big_z said:
didnt microsoft recently overhaul GFWL? i've been playing dead rising 2 on pc and have no issues with the service.
Can you play from a portable hard drive? GFWL cock blocked me hard the last time I tried that.

kamspy

$25.99 is a good price for this game. Banner is a buzzkill.

I'd love to play it, but at $60 EA can kiss my ass.

Dabanton

Always-honest said:
wow.. in this day and age... Wihout havng finished either game.

Yeah it's a bit too early to say that. But i have to say Bulletstorm is far more appealing to me than Killzone 3. Shame there both out on the same day over here.

Salz01

So where are the reviews? Where is the hype? Its like this game is falling off the face of the earth one week from release. Do they want to keep it downlow in case its gets banned anywhere or something? I have it preordered and fully paid. The demo didnt really do much for me, so I'm looking for some feedback from people that played the normal game. The live show at E3 pretty much sold me on the game, but everything else so far just makes it look like they blew their load in the unveiling last year.

Deadstar

Is the game different from the demo? I really didn't like the "max out your points" gameplay. Is the normal game more like a regular shooter?

SapientWolf said:
Can you play from a portable hard drive? GFWL cock blocked me hard the last time I tried that.
I play dirt 2 from an external 250gb if that's what you mean, I can test it with batman, lost planet and bioshock 2 later.

MjFrancis

out0v0rder said:
wow 59.99 every platform

waiters gonna wait.
Sure are.

I have no intentions of paying $60 for what I have seen so far (just the demo). I'll be happy to try it out again later on, but for now I wasn't terribly impressed with what I saw. I'll keep my eyes out for further impressions but until then I'm waiting for a huge price cut on this.

Salz01

Neuromancer said:
All the "gonna wait for price drop, gonna rent etc" comments make me think that people just don't like fun anymore.

I like fun. I also like my money. With lack of any sort of hype, whats to keep me from waiting a few weeks to pick it up when the price drops? Nothing at this point screams 'Day 1' to me personally.

Plissken

Neuromancer said:
All the "gonna wait for price drop, gonna rent etc" comments make me think that people just don't like fun anymore.

I love fun games. The fact that this, Duke Nukem Forever, AND Serious Sam 3 are coming out in the same year makes me giddy as a schoolgirl. But GFWL is atrocious, I refuse to pay full price for a game that uses it.

Plissken said:
I love fun games. The fact that this, Duke Nukem Forever, AND Serious Sam 3 are coming out in the same year makes me giddy as a schoolgirl. But GFWL is atrocious, I refuse to pay full price for a game that uses it.
Fair enough, yeah this is an awesome year for shooters.

Gravijah

Neuromancer said:

A rental from me is a compliment! :p I don't buy many games because of my budget.

S1kkZ

CliffyB said:
:)
since you are here, i have a really big wish: the german version is censored (sucks but i get the uk version anyway) but can you please make sure that the dlc for the censored version will work with the uncut version? as usual, ms will ip-ban all dlc (like they did with gears).

LosDaddie

Banned
I liked the demo a good amount, but I'm waiting until a price drop / later this year to get this. Freakin' backlog of shame :(

Pete Rock

I am interested in this mainly because I feel anything from People Can Fly deserves support, but I also enjoy the overall ridiculous nature of the presentation. I could personally do without all the dialog and juvenile one liners, but the fountains of blood Evil-Dead style, the bosses and set pieces really do appeal to me in a fundamental manner. It reminds me of Thundercats/SilverHawks animation, even if it is style over substance it's wonderfully frenetic eye candy at the very least. I do agree it would be fairly awful to see other titles mimick this tone assuming it is a success, particularly when most games can't even approach irreverence, let alone avoid taking themselves entirely too seriously. I'm hoping this game can laugh at itself as much as anything else, but I will reserve my judgment until I've seen the entire work.

Also, Lost Planet 2 really bombed for me so although this does not have Akrids and Vital Suits, it does have a unique look and rapid-fire gameplay that is at least somewhat creatively divergent from the genre norm.

I'm particularly excited for a full co-op campaign, as it's becoming more and more apparent there's actually not a lot of fun to be had in explicitly competitive multiplayer FPS experiences, particularly those that are fundamentally generic & broken out of the box, requiring you to suffer through an eight month extended beta period before seeing any actual potential. Too bad about GFWL though.

seat

Neuromancer said:
No, I like fun, but I'm not a sap either.

Plissken

cyberheater said:
What's the issue with GFWL. Serious question.

The 3 games I have purchased that integrated GFWL all required me to jump through ridiculous hoops to get them to work. Patches wouldn't apply, games wouldn't launch despite being logged in, save data mysteriously disappearing or being corrupted. I've never been able to simply launch the service, pick a game, and play, like I can do with Steam. Basically, all my experiences with GFWL have been terrible, so I simply won't buy a game at full price that uses it.

That said, I await impressions from the brave souls here that are going to pick up the PC version day 1. Perhaps if the game works smoothly I might be tempted to reverse my stance (I really have been looking forward to this game, I loved Painkiller), but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
Plissken said:
The 3 games I have purchased that integrated GFWL all required me to jump through ridiculous hoops to get them to work. Patches wouldn't apply, games wouldn't launch despite being logged in, save data mysteriously disappearing or being corrupted. I've never been able to simply launch the service, pick a game, and play, like I can do with Steam. Basically, all my experiences with GFWL have been terrible, so I simply won't buy a game at full price that uses it.

That said, I await impressions from the brave souls here that are going to pick up the PC version day 1. Perhaps if the game works smoothly I might be tempted to reverse my stance (I really have been looking forward to this game, I loved Painkiller), but I'm not gonna hold my breath.

Okay. Thanks for the information. I've only got one game that I bought through Steam which is GFWL (Batman) and it seems to run okay although it does annoy that I have to keep login to enable gamesaves etc... I'm trying to avoid that in future. If this game requires that same then I'm going to give it a miss. It's just too much hassle and it interferes with my nVidia 3D gaming setup as it switches from 3D to 2D and back again.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
-PXG- said:
Would that have been better?

steampreorders.jpg

Sure doesn't hurt...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Apparently Famitsu likes BS better than KZ3.

http://www.msxbox-world.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=19470

The latest issue of the popular Japanese gaming mag Famitsu has its reviews scores in and it's looking good for Epic's new IP Bulletstorm as it has scored an impressive 9/8/9/8 (36/40) from the four reviewers. In the same issue the PS3 exclusive shooter Killzone 3 scores one point less with 8/8/8/9 (35/40) score. Bulletstorm releases next week and perhaps should be on your shopping list.

Edit: Looks like I was beaten, eh, still interesting.

epmode

EA is such a terrible company these days. It must be corporate policy to make their fans despise them. I hope the investors are happy at least!

~Kinggi~

Banned
epmode said:
EA is such a terrible company these days. It must be corporate policy to make their fans despise them. I hope the investors are happy at least!
It seems like only yesterday everyone was praising EA for all the great games they were releasing.

Anyway, im probably gonna get this, but i need a little more convincing. I have a feeling the single-player is gonna be like a 4-hour experience you are meant to replay for better scores. Not sure how i feel about that. The whole 'Echoes' concept kinda states that point. I accepted it in Mirrors Edge but i dont know about this one.

CozMick

Banned
Just finished the PSN demo, UE3.* holds up pretty good, easily comparable to the 360 demo.

Not sure if i'll bite though, I ain't into co-op experiences, especially with a lack of proper competitive multi-player.

Rainier

$49.99 is the most I'll spend on a PC game, so I'll wait till this one drops to $29.99 - $34.99.

Edit: I lied, just saw the thread about Saints Row 3 coming out in the fall. Put it out on Steam and name your price.

Edit 2: Anyone else surprised how slow this OT thread is moving?

Stallion Free said:
No it won't. Games drop in price on PC incredibly fast, particularly EA games.

Really? I thought EA followed their own trend on the PC. Are you talking about through their own online store or through Steam?

Top Bottom