• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Salz01

RiotPelaaja said:
Having played through the game (this was one of these games where you had to go review it at some event and the review embargo is for the 22nd) I was super positively surprised compared to the demo. There's far more story to the proceedings than you might think and the game just has that...good, honest fun factor feeling and design where nothings too crazy (within limits), kinda like early 1990's pc. Good stuff, a bit too long I thought, but very polished and solid fun.

Huh? So the event was 8 - 10 hours long and all you guys sat on a couch to review the game that long? Either that, or this is a half hour game.

I'm excited for the game, but its hard getting a feel for if the game is for me. Its like I'm just running on Epic's good pedigree to sell me the game.

I'm just hoping the game is a pleasant surprise when I pick it up on Tuesday. ON PS3!

grkazan12

Man I'm so torn now, don't know whether to pre-order for PC or 360 on Amazon. Decisions decisions.

Are there any reviews yet and has there been any footage of the PC version?

grkazan12 said:
Man I'm so torn now, don't know whether to pre-order for PC or 360 on Amazon. Decisions decisions.

Are there any reviews yet and has there been any footage of the PC version?
Nope there's an embargo, not sure when it'll let up.

Oh except for Famitsu, who loved it. Gave it a 9, 8, 9, 8, whatever that means in Japanese.

That $20 credit is pretty tempting, but I don't generally buy games on Amazon. I wonder what other deals will be going on next week...

mjc

CliffyB said:
YOU'RE GOD DAMNED RIGHT

and you can juggle fools with it DMC style BITCHESSSSSS

That's so awesome. The weapons are gonna be tons of fun.

Amazon putting up the $20 credit makes the deal even sweeter for me. I preordered a long time ago but like someone else said, its icing on the cake.

Tendo

Ugh...I want to pre-order this on Steam but that 20 dollar credit makes me want to get it for 360. But it will look so smooth on my pc. Decisions...

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Tendo said:
Ugh...I want to pre-order this on Steam but that 20 dollar credit makes me want to get it for 360. But it will look so smooth on my pc. Decisions...

You also get the Gears 3 beta on 360.

Barrett2

ToyMachine228 said:
That $20 credit is pretty tempting, but I don't generally buy games on Amazon. I wonder what other deals will be going on next week...
You should look into it. I recently got into the habit of ordering all games from them. It's pretty great, lots of discounts, release date delivery, etc.

Also, that new trailer was AWESOME. Hype +10

I used to be tempted by the $20 gift card but these days I just wait 6-12 months and I can save more than $20. But then again, if I wanted the game day one I'd probably go that route so.... yeah.

Just saw the new trailer. POD? Really, Cliffy? Come on now. That song was played out in action trailers like 6-7 years ago.
Still a day one for me!

Tendo said:
Any word on length? I fear this may clock in at 4-5 hours. I don't know why. I have no reason for it.

Even if it does I don't think it would hurt it. It's the type of game you're supposed to play over and over and over.

RedStep

Narpas Sword0 said:
yea, is this gonna wind up being 3 hours long?

any specifics on the multiplayer? will that add longevity?
On this very page there's a mini-review that says it's too long, so I would assume not

Teknoman

It'll probably be the same length as most pure action FPS from back in the day, so not too short but not too long (for most people). As far as MP goes, co-op horde/firefight/whatever that survival wave mode in Uncharted 2 was called style online. Dunno if there will be awesome boss rounds or not.

nib95

Banned
No new more relevant reviews yet? How on Earth did Famitsu get it and have a review out for it so early anyway?

mr stroke

nib95 said:
No new more relevant reviews yet? How on Earth did Famitsu get it and have a review out for it so early anyway?

No Japanese embargo I assume?

It sounds like reviews will hit Monday/Tuesday AFAIK.

Lunchbox

Banned
did anyone figure out a sure fire way to get to the second level in the demo?

i still cant get there. i wanna fight the big guy with the steel butt plug

Teknoman

Lunchbox said:
did anyone figure out a sure fire way to get to the second level in the demo?

i still cant get there. i wanna fight the big guy with the steel butt plug

Huh? Had no idea that was possible.

Karram

I don't know if this has been already mentioned, but when you pre-order Bulletstorm from GFWL you'll get Gears of War for free.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
This game could use some better PR management. Everything about it seems so cool but all the annoying red flags and bad promotion are giving off negative vibes. So far Cliffy is giving the best pitch for this game, not counting "from the makers of painkiller"

Teknoman

Karram said:
I don't know if this has been already mentioned, but when you pre-order Bulletstorm from GFWL you'll get Gears of War for free.

Hmm...that doesnt seem like too bad a deal. Would be a nice way to make a return trip through the first Gears.

And yeah, we need more mag ads or commercials.

EDIT: How can you preorder it on GFWL anyway? Its not up on the client or the website.

REALLY tempted to get this from Amazon... but the fact that it comes out the same day as Killzone 3 and that I've hardly touched Halo Reach yet, means that I don't need another FPS right now.

Theman2k

I can't decide what to buy first, either killzone 3 or bulletstorm....
Killzone 3 is allready on store shelves (In Israel anyway) and the multiplayer is great. But i didn't like the SP demo. PLUS (and it's a big plus) it has move support.

But bulletstorm looks fun as hell and i can't live with myself without giving my money to Epic and TehCliffyB. The one thing i didn't like in the demo is the weapon feel and the ease to aim with them (Even in Iron Sight mode).

Help me GAF :(

Aske

EA Store shipped my game yesterday. I have prepared my balls to be rocked. If they remain stationary, you guys will be the first to know.

That said, they may need recalibrating due to MvC3 abuse.

So it's decided. KZ3 has a $20 promotion as well FYI, so I'll use my credit to get that and pick up Bulletstorm in store. Why? So I don't have to decide which to play on the drive home.

Spitz

My Bulletstorm Epic Edition just got shipped this Weekend will be Epic. I love it when my Pre Orders are shipped a week before official release. :)

Top Bottom