• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

sam27368

Banned
Holding off on steam until the reviews start coming up, there's a fuckton of awesome preorders that are available now and my wallet is running away.

Just saw a commercial for this on Adult Swim. At first, I thought it was Duke Forever, but then they said "Bulletstorm" and I was like "woooooooah" ...

I'm not a (modern) shooter fan but I think I really want this. It's sad, because my list of games to buy this year is already waaaay too long.

I guess I'll pick up the PS3 version and then get the GFWL version whenever there's a good sale.

Fortinbras said:
Got my Epic Edition for 360 a few hours ago. Can't wait to finish up work for today.

Please, post copious amount of impressions once you've had a chance to dog into the game.

And, damn it, Amazon wins my money. I was only going to rent BS, but that $20 coupon pushed me over the edge. The game just looks so fun... and colorful!

Salz01

Fortinbras said:
Got my Epic Edition for 360 a few hours ago. Can't wait to finish up work for today.

Please tell me you only have 59 more mins of work left today... hey, its Friday take a break.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Reluctant-Hero said:
Please, post copious amount of impressions once you've had a chance to dog into the game.

And, damn it, Amazon wins my money. I was only going to rent BS, but that $20 coupon pusses me over the edge. The game just looks so fun... and colorful!

I was buying some things from Amazon next week anyway, so the $20 credit works well for me. Also, seeing non-Echo mode gameplay made me alot more interested in the game than the demo.

Tomnevers

Neo Member
I preordered / prepaid already from GameStop. Should arrive on Tuesday, but man I wish so bad they released this game before the long President's Day weekend!

derFeef

Argh they shipped the german language versions, but not the english ones, grrrr. Should have ordered the german (uncut AT) version, it should include the english language as well, no? (PC)

For Canadians and PS3 owners, there is a great deal on at Bestbuy.ca, where if you buy Killzone 3 and Bulletstorm, you get $20 off and I believe it stacks with getting 800 points each for pre-ordering. So basically, you get Bulletstorm for $20.

S1kkZ

the story seems well told and is not as stupid as the trailers make you think (judging from the first 15 minutes). very surprised.
12 hours and it should be here, cant wait.

Lunchbox said:
that tutorial is sick

wish they put stuff like that in the demo instead of throwing you into a small 3 min long echo with no tutorial. it really misrepresented the game to people who never heard of the game. thats why you had people bitching about the language of all things in the demo thread
Yeah, I'm officially sold. 100% confident in my Amazon order now. I love the wide range of color that you're seeing across all of the environments. I know that may not beca big deal to others, but I love it.

JambiBum

Quick question regarding the Amazon deal. If I preordered before they announced the deal does it still apply to me? First time I've preordered a game that has a credit.

Nelo Ice

Banned
JambiBum said:
Quick question regarding the Amazon deal. If I preordered before they announced the deal does it still apply to me? First time I've preordered a game that has a credit.

yep
anything previous preorder off amazon before the deal goes up will apply to ur order and if u dotnt get the credit in time all it takes is a quick email to amazon to fix the problem

derFeef

Yup, that intro was quite good. Did not watch everything, but I am stoked. Kudos to People Can Fly, who will sadly get neglected because everyone is going to think Epic made that game. (I know they helped, but still)

I NEED SCISSORS said:
Just played the demo in anticipation - wtf at the controls. Who the hell puts sprint on the X button?

Sprint is on A in the 360 version.

Bulletstorm is entertaining but I'm not blown away. It's nice that there's an actual story behind the skill shot system but that's it. The game still feels like a standard first person shooter. There's something missing and I can't point out what it is. On the technical side the game is a mixed bag. At times the visuals look really dated but then there are moments in which the game looks great.

Multiplayer seems to work without the EA pass but you still have to enter the code for the GOW 3 beta, the exclusive colors and the additional Echoes maps.

S1kkZ

yes, finally got it. impressions later.

thanks for nothing ea! i cant use the onlinepass code with my german gamertag. that means all the bonus stuff from the epic edition (incl. the gears 3 beta) is useless to me.

fuck that shit.

Blue Ninja said:
Man, either this, F.E.A.R. 3 or Duke Nukem Forever... I'm in doubt. I only want to spend money on one shooter this year.

This year? This whole entire year?

Well, FEAR 3 doesn't exactly look like it's going change the world. DNF is meant to be fun but aged. So if those are your only 3 options, I'd go with this.

Those should not be your only three options, though. Brink, Resistance 3, Crysis 2, Rage and X-Com all might end up being more interesting than any of those you listed.

JambiBum

S1kkZ said:
yes, finally got it. impressions later.

thanks for nothing ea! i cant use the onlinepass code with my german gamertag. that means all the bonus stuff from the epic edition (incl. the gears 3 beta) is useless to me.

fuck that shit.

That doesn't seem right as far as the Gears 3 beta goes. Gears isn't published by EA so it shouldn't have anything to do with that online pass.

Took advantage of the Amazon deal. Even though I don't usually like buying games online I did it. I'll probably see some deal in Sunday's paper that will make me regret it, but oh well.

X-Frame

WrikaWrek said:
Why does the main character look like Wolverine?

He also sounds exactly like Wolverine from Ultimate Alliance/X-Men Legends ..

He even sounds like Oghren from Dragon Age ..

Top Bottom