• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bulletstorm |OT| Dick-Tits

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
TheLegendary said:
Really? I thought EA followed their own trend on the PC. Are you talking about through their own online store or through Steam?
I only pay attention to Steam. Mass Effect 2 dropped to 20$ within a couple months. BC2 was was 7$ this Christmas sale.

Stallion Free said:
I only pay attention to Steam. Mass Effect 2 dropped to 20$ within a couple months. BC2 was was 7$ this Christmas sale.

I see. Nice. In that case I'll probably wait a bit longer. If Mass Effect 2 "retails" at $20 without a sale on Steam then Bulletstorm should be $5 in no time!

Teknoman

Deadstar said:
Is the game different from the demo? I really didn't like the "max out your points" gameplay. Is the normal game more like a regular shooter?

Yes, big bosses, crazy encounters, some sort of on rails vehicle level, the works.

Everyone who thinks the game is just going to be score attack 24/7 needs to rewatch the trailer at the end of the demo, since they even talk up the crazy action, huge boss battles, and show some of the cutscenes/vehicle segments. The demo was just the echoes mode aka score attack mode where the enemies are weaker( or at least I remember reading that) and everything is focused on comboing everything.

The story mode should have score as a side thing, with a focus on using your environment to destroy enemies the best way possible (sorta like an old school FPS mixed with Dead Rising).

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
I think this game will review well. It'll be 80+ at least.

The demo was pretty good. It was fun to leash + kick + shoot 'em up in slow mo. The thing is, is this game really gonna be worth $60? How long can the novelty last? Will I grow tired of kicking a dude into a generator than blowing his dick off?

It seems like it might be too tied down with playing the game a specific way and doing everything the same if you want the high score. I hate to feel like I'm playing the game improperly by just ignoring enviro-combos and just killing shit in my own natural way.

Shambles

Just watched (most of) the trailer on the website. Are most games releasing such over-produced garbage trailers nowadays or am I still in touch?

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
Shambles said:
Just watched (most of) the trailer on the website. Are most games releasing such over-produced garbage trailers nowadays or am I still in touch?

bullshit trailers are the rage nowadays

Weenerz

Banned
This has been leaked online, if you care about story spoilers or just generally wanted to be surprised, watch yourself. PS3 version btw, not sure about other platforms.

derFeef

Avyrocky said:
Yes played the demo. It was mindless shit...
I could use some mindless shit from time to time. Loved Painkiller, so this is a no brainer (the cheaper PC retail version, that is)

Barrett2

Question; as a console gamer, I'm not very aware of PC stuff. What's the deal with PC game pricing outrage? Are people mad because they have historically been lower than console game prices, but have recently been pushed to price parity, or is there something else?

Wizman23

Banned
lawblob said:
Question; as a console gamer, I'm not very aware of PC stuff. What's the deal with PC game pricing outrage? Are people mad because they have historically been lower than console game prices, but have recently been pushed to price parity, or is there something else?

I don't get it either. They are getting the BEST version of the game. They are lucky PC versions of games aren't priced at 79.99 considering how much better they run then the console version.

lawblob said:
Same reason we'd get pissed if this was $70 on consoles I guess.

NIN90

Wizman23 said:
I don't get it either. They are getting the BEST version of the game. They are lucky PC versions of games aren't priced at 79.99 considering how much better they run then the console version.

don't know if serious

Weenerz

Banned
lawblob said:

We pay the same price as the consoles for a digitally distributed version, that is the biggest offense. There are others, like no mod tools, as well as using GFWL, but the DD version shouldn't be the same as retail.

lawblob said:
Companies have to pay licensing fees to sell a game on PS3/360, but on PC they don't -- so PC games are cheaper to make than console versions (Even more so when you consider digital distribution), but priced the same.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
lawblob said:
the $10 premium on consoles is there to cover license fees. in console terms, we are paying $70.

except we're not, we're paying $5 at xmas, if ea are lucky.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
The $60 "AAA Tax" precedent was set with Modern Warfare 2, and EA, being Activision's anti-consumer sidekick, followed suit recently.

As mentioned, there are no license fees for PC releases, and publishers also get much higher margins for digitally distributed games.

Haklong

Pre-ordered the PC version on Amazon when it was still 49.99 with release day delivery. Should have it on the 22nd. So far I have had no problems with GFWL so fingers crossed.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EviLore said:
The $60 "AAA Tax" precedent was set with Modern Warfare 2, and EA, being Activision's anti-consumer sidekick, followed suit recently.

As mentioned, there are no license fees for PC releases, and publishers also get much higher margins for digitally distributed games.

Gotta get all the cash they can out of PC gamers before
this totally bombas
people buy it in droves, you know?

Having played through the game (this was one of these games where you had to go review it at some event and the review embargo is for the 22nd) I was super positively surprised compared to the demo. There's far more story to the proceedings than you might think and the game just has that...good, honest fun factor feeling and design where nothings too crazy (within limits), kinda like early 1990's pc. Good stuff, a bit too long I thought, but very polished and solid fun.

Schlep

RiotPelaaja said:
(this was one of these games where you had to go review it at some event and the review embargo is for the 22nd)
Guess they won't get my money until it's $20. I'd like to use the Amazon $10 GC preorder deal, but I don't trust anything where they won't let reviews out of the bag until release day. Didn't realize videogame companies used that same trick as the movies, but I haven't really paid attention since I'm usually not straddling the fence.

Barrett2

EviLore said:

Makes sense, i forgot about the lack of licensing fees.

I now have a sudden urge to play more Game Dev Story. I made good money with my animal-based puzzle PC games, and dirt cheap because of low Dev costs compared to that damn Senga and Intendro!!

WrikaWrek

Banned
60$ for downloadable games on PC is just crazy.

Does this game have a story? I remember some of the earlier articles mentioning that the opening sequence was pretty story heavy, but all i see is something that looks like Serious Sam so far.

CliffyB

Playah
WrikaWrek said:
Does this game have a story? I remember some of the earlier articles mentioning that the opening sequence was pretty story heavy, but all i see is something that looks like Serious Sam so far.

From what I can gather from meeting with the press who played it they seemed to dig the story, so yes, it does. I caught them giggling at the dialogue often as they were playing it with headphones on.

And it really doesn't play like Sam. The skillshot system and unique weapons change things nicely!

Will I be able to activate the retail version on steam or is it Live only?

Never mind, the answer is no.

Guess I'll be waiting until a pricedrop.

Demo sold me-day one!

PC version for sure-
GFWL has never given me grief.

Killzone2.5 (3) single and multiplayer demos were so boring... I am desperate for a new shooter. The wait for Crysis 2 is getting difficult.

Destroyed MVC3, and Platinum'd Dead Space 2...need new stuff!

Teknoman

Alcoholikaust said:
Demo sold me-day one!

PC version for sure-
GFWL has never given me grief.

Killzone2.5 (3) single and multiplayer demos were so boring... I am desperate for a new shooter. The wait for Crysis 2 is getting difficult.

Destroyed MVC3, and Platinum'd Dead Space 2...need new stuff!

Im all for Bulletstorm, but play more MvC3 online. You're never done with Marvel.

EDIT: The stages will probably be as linear as Unreal, Quake, and other action focused games before them. Probably not a straight shot the entire way, but dont expect wide open Far Cry still environments...I think.

Beating a dead horse at this point, but im still surprised that people dont know that there will be an actual storymode/campaign.

Picking up my copy tomorrow, good times! ;D Did this have splitscreen multiplayer? Would like to post some impressions right away.

JimiNutz

Banned
New trailer sold me 100%

I was prob gonna have to pick it up anyway for that Gears 3 beta, but I'm not really into score attack games, so didn't really enjoy the demo that much.
The new trailer makes it look like it has a decent campaign with crazy boss fights though :)

Rattles

Damn.. after watching my flatmate play through Duke3D I couldn't help but think how cool it would be playing through it with Bulletstorms killshots. Why don't they design levels like they use to.. :(

Top Bottom