• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bungie's Next Project - 'New Halo 3 Campaign Experience'

RBH

Phatcorns said:
URGE TO KILL RISING AND SHOT THROUGH THE FUCKING ROOF!

What the fuck is this shit! You don't even explain or show any gameplay and it's fucking CG?! Come on now! That is horrible!
It's your fault for setting your expectations too high.

It's a teaser trailer, so I wasn't expecting any gameplay.

I am a bit confused though.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Mr Vociferous said:
Curious about the Halo 3 reference myself, but it's clear that we're watching ODST HEVs fall from the sky into various cities or districts which appear to be in Africa. It's also clear that these events take place in 2552, around the time of the trilogy. It looks like a completely different game using the Halo 3 engine, but other than that I can't figure out what the Halo 3 reference really is.

ODST based Halo 3 expansion. Doesn't seem very confusing to me.

harSon

Banned
Chowfahn said:
It's a fucking teaser trailer, guys. You shouldn't have expected any more.

So now we know a few things. This takes place in New Mombasa after the capitol ship jumps in Halo 2. The SuperIntendant doesn't look like a ship's AI, more like the city's AI. Annnnd now I have to go to class.

After all the drama between them and Microsoft after e3? I expected a lot more.

Hero

Are you kidding me? What the hell did I just watch? Isn't the point of a teaser to generate interest?

Last time I ever fall for Bungie hype.

shas'la

GhaleonEB said:
So.....

New Mombassa.

The space tether is still up, so this is early in Halo 2.

Looks like Elite orbital drop pods coming down.

The slipspace explosion from Halo 2, when In Amber Clad follows the cruiser into slipspace, hits the city. The space tether falls, the city is mostly destroyed.

A human maintenance AI surveys the scene.

??????

Thats what i thought, so maybe a "prequal" to halo 3 story, or this could be happening while we're off with the chief at teh same time as halo3 is progressing.

Manager

Screen caps:
http://www.gamersyde.com/gallery_9448_en.html

Alternative download:
http://www.gamersyde.com/leech_8799_en.html

798_0001.jpg

798_0004.jpg

798_0007.jpg

798_0011.jpg

798_0012.jpg

798_0013.jpg

joey_z

Banned
Diablohead said:
HAHA so they delayed this for over a month? seriously? what bull.

You'd think Microsoft delaying the announcement was trying to tell Bungie something about the turd that is this teaser. Must be daft.

GhaleonEB said:
So.....

New Mombassa.

The space tether is still up, so this is early in Halo 2.

Looks like Elite orbital drop pods coming down.

The slipspace explosion from Halo 2, when In Amber Clad follows the cruiser into slipspace, hits the city. The space tether falls, the city is mostly destroyed.

A human maintenance AI surveys the scene.

??????

I don't think the explosion is the splispace jump, you can see the orbital tether still standing at the end of the trailer.

g23

European pre-madonna
I just hope its a whole new game and not just some DLC content...

I mean it did have the Xbox logo at the end soo it must be a new game.

FFChris

joey_z said:
You'd think Microsoft delaying the announcement was trying to tell Bungie something about the turd that is this teaser. Must be daft.

To be fair, it was a pretty cool teaser.

But that's all it was.. a teaser. We got practically no infos.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
So, it didn't look to me like the entire city was damaged. Just that one particular area...but I can't really tell and I am not well versed (lol) in Halo lore (lol).

LunaticPuma

dresses business casual
That city is definitely NOT New Mombasa. The orbital elevator was still standing in the background after the explosion/blast.

Doodis

I hate to say it, but I think Mattrick had it right. If this were an announcement trailer, then yes, it should have been shown at E3. But it's just a teaser, and only those of us following extremely closely know that it's hell-jumper related.

I can understand that it might not have been the best fit for the masses at E3. Does this make me a bad person?

So maybe we're getting something more than just maps for the Halo Blue/Halo 3: Mythic. Maybe there's an actual campaign, albeit shorting and relating to the ODSTs.

And yeah, I see the Mombasa link now on the Lumumba.0624 shot. Thanks for the heads up, Ghaleon.

GhaleonEB

Mr Vociferous said:
What? Where is this?
:lol

Definately looks like an ODST-based game. The setup is New Mombassa, the city on earth that the level "Metropolis" takes place in Halo 3.

"Prepare to Drop" is the dead give away, as are the orbital drop pods. The group of them that seperate off from the mass is probably the squad.

What confuses me is the "Halo 3" at the end. It's a new game....but it's Halo 3? What?

There's something strange about the recent "contest" of Weta on the Bungie.net website, and now this.

Could it be webisodes with ODST in it? Like what we saw at the beginning of Halo 3?

FrankT

g23 said:
I just hope its a whole new game and not just some DLC content...

I mean it did have the Xbox logo at the end soo it must be a new game.

Yea, it seems like a new game, but more questions than answers at this point. We shall see. It could be an xpac however. Hard to say at this point.

voltron

I really hope its not squad based. dont care much for that style of game. Ill happily take a full blown FPS expansion to H3 playing as the Chief.

Isn't this the kind of stuff you'd expect Gearbox/Halo Team/some other group to do instead of Bungie? It really reeks of an attempt to jump through the MS hurdles in the separation contracts and move on to something else as quickly as possible.

If this video were shown at E3, then their silence qwould be acceptable. Imagine this had interupted the Xbox Experience demo and whoever was on stage was just like "wtf was that? Oh well, moving on" That could have been the start of the giant teaser campaign which would lead up to today, Halo 3's anniversary and they give us a real announcement about what the game is.

As it stands we are no more informed about the next project than we were back at E3, really. We think this is an ODST focussed game, but we already suspected that months ago. The longer this goes on the more it'll piss people off. I'm sure glad I didn't dedicate any time to trying to decypher their hidden codes for the past two months.

Top Bottom