• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gameplay Launch Trailer

I don't really care for the "but the mp looks so bad"(which I don't agree with in the first place, of course the 16 player MP is looking to worse) discussion in the other thread yesterday. I know what I'm getting with CoD and I'm ready to have some fun for a month or two.

Its just that Activision reminds me of a Restaurant that has simple but nice menu which is selling fine, but then they see Sushi, Thai and other places are opening up and decide to offer those foods too.

I don't think it looks bad at all. But as a long time CoD fan I am disappointed that the soul of CoD has been taken out and replaced with mechanics that worked in other games (cloak, double jump). Maps are looking bland as hell to be honest.

Some people simply like military shooters in a current setting more then sci fi.
I'd rather shoot a M16 in a London Underground station in 2014 then do double jumps and slides in futuristic prison yard in 2145. If I need that I can just play Titanfall and Destiny.

So for me its bad that there is no current military shooter offered, BF Hardline is the only hope I have.

Shadybiz

Ah, now eventually you will have gameplay, in your gameplay trailer, right? Hello?

Yeah it was maybe 5% gameplay, if that.

Still on the fence about this one, though. Maybe. I'll wait for GAF consensus, I think.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
First CoD in a long time in actually excited about.

Some parts of that trailer looked like CG/Prerendered rather than realtime though. Is the game just suddenly looking that good or are the cutscenes Prerendered?

Euron

Can't wait to see all the rage come launch day when people realize the mp is absolute dogshit. Because you know, it happens every year.
Don't act like this has always been a thing. It only happened with MW3 and Ghosts. MW3's maps could have been randomly generated and they would have been better than what we got. Ghosts just had maps that were far too big and judging from some of what I've seen, this problem may exist in Advanced Warfare as well.

Wensih

huh? I'm actually fairly impressed. I've never bought a Call of Duty before, but if I was to buy one this looks like it could be a cool (dumb) action movie game.

MJLord

<sigh>

What happened to the good ole days of CoD ?

If we go back to WW2 again I want to explore parts of WW2 other than

"You are <sergeant/private/ships cook> Average Joe shipping off to fight the evil Nazis in Africa, Normandy and Berlin. Things blow up and people die but Average Joe rises to his Call Of Duty"

CHC

This looks cool, albeit completely stupid. Hoping for a good single player. I have 6 hours of free time but not 500.

Octavia

Unconfirmed Member
At this point, I'm pretty much done with the series. MAYBE Treyarch will get my attention next year but I'm not going to rely on it. And no, this isn't "Cuz cod sucks it's for 12 year olds lol"

I'm legitimately disappointed in how the series went because I actually was a big fan of the direction MW1 brought everything. MW, WaW, MW2, BL1 were all great games that I had a really fun time with and I really miss those memories a lot. BL2 was only okay for zombies, but everything else was mediocre.

I have no idea how they'd bring back the magic at this point. There's just something awful about all the new games even if they're basically all the same thing. They just aren't fun to play and I don't think making Titanfall without mechs is going to fix that for me.

Maybe give us a WW2 shooter again or something. I'm fricken sick future-modern and future settings at this point.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Is anyone making an OT? We have a couple of threads going ATM and it would be nice to have one hub for all information and discussion.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Definitely sold on this game right now. I really think Sledgehammer is going to knock it out of the park for both MP and SP.

Wensih

Oh I didn't mean the music itself, I just thought it didn't fit what was shown at all.

I felt as if they were going for a more arcadey, run and gun, excite and dazzle vibe, so I think the music fit well, but I can see why you wouldn't think it's a good fit for a military war game.

PetrCobra

They make the game look like it's a fully scripted QTE-fest. Also, the preorder bonuses are just WFT, I can't help but loathe the part of this industry that does this.

Other than that, can't remember the last time when a CoD game looked this promising. If it delivers on everything I might just have to buy it close to release which would otherwise be out of the question...
and then also find some time to actually play it

Don't act like this has always been a thing. It only happened with MW3 and Ghosts. MW3's maps could have been randomly generated and they would have been better than what we got. Ghosts just had maps that were far too big and judging from some of what I've seen, this problem may exist in Advanced Warfare as well.

Sorry, I wasn't clear in that post. The games made specifically by Treyarch were far better than anything IW or Sledgehammer could pump out. However every year we get the same complaints about how the mp is unbalanced yadayada..

D4rkShaDoWz

Neo Member
Hey all,

Does anyone know where I can find the press kit versions of this and all of the other Advanced Warfare trailers? Looking to make a video and need them in the highest quality and 5.1 if possible. Any sort of press site would be much appreciated.

julrik

Im just answering this, with no actual knowledge, by saying im sure its the same length as all the others just going by track record.
Thanks. No official statement as of yet then? Guess I'll just have to wait and see. Hope it's closer to COD4:MW than Ghosts in terms of length.

Trailer wasn't that great. Still can't wait for the game though. You'd figure with a title like Advanced Warfare they'd want more futuristic sounding songs for the trailers, lets get some sick EBM beats up in this.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Still no PC details means shit port yay..

Locked FoV and FPS no server browser.

Server browser will never happen, dedicated with matchmaking is fine though, as long as it isn't P2P I'm happy. I'm more worried about which anti cheat they'll use, if it's Infinity Ward's we'll see cheaters in the first few days.

Euron

Sorry, I wasn't clear in that post. The games made specifically by Treyarch were far better than anything IW or Sledgehammer could pump out. However every year we get the same complaints about how the mp is unbalanced yadayada..
It's fine and I agree. Infinity Ward is gutted at the moment and Ghosts really hurt the franchise name. I don't know if we can judge Sledgehammer so soon but after MW3, I can't give them the benefit of the doubt. Black Ops 2 was very good, especially the campaign and I'm looking forward to their first next gen CoD.

And the CoD Community is so huge that there will always be groups of people who complain about certain things.

I would like to preorder but i'm having a slight server trauma now with Driveclub...
Looks great. First CoD since MW2 that looks interesting again.

Vidpixel

I still find the reveal trailer to be more effective at hyping me up for the game, but the fact that this is the first Call of Duty in awhile to actually get me excited is an achievement on its own. The past several entries in the series always struck me as more of the same even before they launched, which isn't exactly a bad thing, but the fact that they're willing to change up the core foundation with the Exo suit movements and whatnot has me greatly intrigued. I hope it turns out well for Sledgehammer Games.

At this point, I'm pretty much done with the series. MAYBE Treyarch will get my attention next year but I'm not going to rely on it. And no, this isn't "Cuz cod sucks it's for 12 year olds lol"

I'm legitimately disappointed in how the series went because I actually was a big fan of the direction MW1 brought everything. MW, WaW, MW2, BL1 were all great games that I had a really fun time with and I really miss those memories a lot. BL2 was only okay for zombies, but everything else was mediocre.

I have no idea how they'd bring back the magic at this point. There's just something awful about all the new games even if they're basically all the same thing. They just aren't fun to play and I don't think making Titanfall without mechs is going to fix that for me.

Maybe give us a WW2 shooter again or something. I'm fricken sick future-modern and future settings at this point.

They need to go back to Call of Duty 4/World at War quality maps, up the time to kill, and revert to the 3-5-7 killstreaks instead of saturating the game with so much overpowered and superfluous crap. I'm still going to get this game, but I don't have much hope for the multiplayer. I haven't enjoyed CoD's multiplayer since MW2. The Black Ops series is atleast better than MW3/Ghosts though.

Lemonte

looks ok i guess. Might buy in 10 years when it's on steam sale for 20€. Damn you activision... learn to drop cod prices faster.

CryptiK

Server browser will never happen, dedicated with matchmaking is fine though, as long as it isn't P2P I'm happy. I'm more worried about which anti cheat they'll use, if it's Infinity Ward's we'll see cheaters in the first few days.
Well a post had a news article mentioning server providers so may the browser will make a comeback with rentable servers.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
Well a post had a news article mentioning server providers so may the browser will make a comeback with rentable servers.

If they do that the PC version might have more than 20,000 players.

Caffeine

no pc info still getting worse than ghosts port vibes :( not repreordering/purchasing till i know all the details.

Top Bottom