• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare Gameplay Launch Trailer

ramuh

Totally skipped last year's crapfest. Looking forward to jumping back in. Also, curious as the how the DS4 will hold up to the 360 controller for this type of game.

Naked Lunch

Im by no means a COD fan (I only liked MW1 + 2) but the boosting/double jumping mechanics are very intriguing to me. It brings this game close to a Team Fortress Classic, Unreal Tournament, or even Armored Core type feel. I can see these movement options being pretty wild for CTF or most objective modes. COD may be alienating a division of their fanbase with these crazy gameplay additions - but it may also bring in another fanbase. I doubt ill get it on day one - but Ill be watching it closely.

DSix

Banned
Seems really good, I'll get it fast after release if player impressions are good. And I never wanted to play a COD ever until now.

HowZatOZ

Banned
I'm actually really pumped for this and I don't know why. I haven't played a CoD since Black Ops but this just looks great, definitely liking the new gameplay mechanics.

Ledhead

Man, I had to do a double take, but yep, that's Troy Baker. Guy is everywhere.

Still unsure about this game. Last COD game I played was Black Ops 2 and I only enjoyed the single player. The chaotic online still rubs me the wrong way. I'll wait a bit and see what the general consensus is on AW

Caffeine

minimum was posted on steam store page just now.

MINIMUM:
OS: OS: Windows 7 64-Bit / Windows 8 64-Bit / Windows 8.1 64-Bit
Processor: Intel® CoreTM i3-530 @ 2.93 GHz / AMD PhenomTM II X4 810 @ 2.80 GHz or better
Memory: 6 GB RAM
Graphics: NVIDIA® GeForce® GTS 450 @ 1GB / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 @ 1GB or better
DirectX: Version 11
Network: Broadband Internet connection
Hard Drive: 55 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX-compatible

minimum was posted on steam store page just now.

That's... That's pretty minimum and almost the same as Ghosts except for the CPU and HDD space. That 55GB though. Still waiting on 'recommended' specs'. Below are the specs for Ghosts which ran like ass regardless.

CPU: Intel® Core™ 2 Duo E8200 2.66 GHZ / AMD Phenom™ X3 8750 2.4 GHZ or better
RAM: 6 GB RAM
HDD : 40 GB HD space
Video: NVIDIA® GeForce™ GTS 450 / ATI® Radeon™ HD 5870 or better
Sound: DirectX® compatible sound card
DirectX®: DirectX® 11
Internet: Broadband connection and service required for Multiplayer Connectivity. Internet connection required for activation.

GravyButt

Tbh I think the reason im so hyped is because it reminds me of TitanFall. I loved just running around being a pilot in that game. Im hoping this has the same effects because it really added a whole new layer to the action.

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
The more footage I watch the more hyped I'm getting, it looks so good this year. I think the exo suit will bring some much needed freshness to the franchise.

ironcreed

Banned
I have pre-ordered all of the other big multiplats I want this Fall on PS4. I think I'll go ahead and get this one on Xbox One.

My only real problem im having after putting aside how much I hate the exo stuff(definitely not stuff I want in COD but whatever im buying anyway)

Is the sound, why is it so bad?
Every gun sounds like a plastic cap gun and the footsteps sound like loud flipflops.

Finally put in my pre-order today. I thought the day zero thing was pretty ridiculous when they announced it but I'm not gonna lie, I'm pretty excited to get it so having it a day early will be awesome.

I'm pretty disappointed with the co-op mode though, just regular enemy types. They should have gone with robots, Treyarch zombies, IW extinction, SH robots.

Dubz

I kind of want to pre order this on the X1 because I like the controller better. Any word on the differences between the X1 and PS4 in terms of resolution and graphical features?

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I kind of want to pre order this on the X1 because I like the controller better. Any word on the differences between the X1 and PS4 in terms of resolution and graphical features?

No word but considering it's 900/60 on XBO, 1080/60 on PS4 is probably a safe bet.

Salvatron

I preordered this, am I nuts? Ghosts was so bad and yet here I am like a fool thinking that this will be better.

I'm in the same boat, but I have a good feeling about this one based on all the media I've seen. Here's hoping for a smooth launch.

It's also the first in the franchise to be part of the 3 dev / 3 year development cycle as they move away from the 2 year cycle.

Top Bottom