• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 (PC/XB1/PS4) reveal trailer, screens, info, more [Read OP]

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
You can't really ask about spawns especially this early in development...what do you expect them to say? "Yeah, spawns are going to be pretty great in this game!" We are not going to know about spawns till we get our hands on the game..

Just need a confirmation of no more revenge spawns, that would already make it 10x better.

BokehKing

Banned
All these games play wildly different. Maybe with the exception of CoD and Titanfall. Dunno how extensive the parkour is in CoD though. The titans mix up titanfall gameplay quite a bit too.

Hell this is so much better than the shooter landscape of the past few years post CoD4/MW2. During that time it felt like all we had was aim down sights, modern military shit. CoD, Medal of Honor, Battlefield and tons of smaller titles with the same basic gameplay.

You can sprint. You have modern weapons (or functionally modern weapons). You are innacurate as shit from the hip. You aim down sights for accuracy. You can jump but its miniscule. You can maybe clamber over small ledges.

The rest is just different engines, mechanics, scale, vehicles etc.
How far are you trying to shoot from the hip? The small pixel on the other side of the map?
There is a time and place for hip firing

EL CUCO

Question about buying digital on PS4: I have 2 PS4's. Can I download and play the game on both of my systems? I'll be using my main account for both units.

Question about buying digital on PS4: I have 2 PS4's. Can I download and play the game on both of my systems? I'll be using my main account for both units.

Yes you can. If you are only going to be using your main account on both, all you need to do it download it on both and you're set. If you want to use other accounts, make sure your PSN account is primary on that console you want to use the other accounts on.

Looks like there's an AW Camo you get for pre-ordering:

IMG_4042-620x400.png

adelante

I hope they bring back the Chicom CQB sub machine gun. Such a freakin badass weapon, burst fire but you can spam the fire button so fast and there's no delay in between bursts, it didn't matter. Plus, the best gun sound effect in any COD game imho, pretty unique... It's easy to know when I'm tearing people apart when you keep hearing it non-stop. So much memories with that weapon:

https://youtu.be/jUmNioylq6s

EL CUCO

Yes you can. If you are only going to be using your main account on both, all you need to do it download it on both and you're set. If you want to use other accounts, make sure your PSN account is primary on that console you want to use the other accounts on.
Awesome. Thank you! :D

Linkhero1

Anyone who jumped from 360 to PS4 find controls in FPS difficult at all? I have to buy a PS4 and might not be able to jump on the One this year.

shanafan

How does preordering work in the Xbox store? Do you pay the full cost up front?

I basically want the Black Ops 3 camo, but I do not plan on buying it for Xbox One (PS4 instead)

Tawpgun

How far are you trying to shoot from the hip? The small pixel on the other side of the map?
There is a time and place for hip firing

I come from loving halo gunplay. I hated this new FPS Revolution of having to choose between being fast or being able to shoot. And in most of these games aiming down sights slowed your aiming and movement down too. Was super bummed when titanfall and destiny couldbt be accuratw while using their mobility options.

Hip firing in cod is basically only decent in super close range. Otherwise aiming in will always be more lethal

Duxxy3

I doubt that they'll continue with the Ghosts branding. (Game will probably be in the year 3000).

It'll be Ghosts 2. They won't abandon an ongoing story. You'll probably play as hesh. Which hopefully means I won't have to hear from brandon routh again.

If AW had insane sales then maybe they could have changed the game with two years notice, but AW had low sales.

Edit: Activision brought in a lot of new leadership just for IW's next game. IMO they're trying to save the Ghosts IP (sub IP?).

I did the same and found playing with DS4 like playing on easy mode. The aim felt so good.

Have played COD on PC, PS3, 360, PS4 and XB1.

PS3 was loose but smooth. 360 was tight but accurate. PS4 is a combination of 360 and PS3. XB1 is loose and jumpy.

Ambient80

Got an error on confirmation screen when preordering off US PSN, but got my email saying I did a preorder and was charged, and it's showing up in my purchase history on the site so I guess I'm good.

Overboost

"plus two advanced supply drops"

i thought they were gone?

You get 2 Advanced Supply Drops and an exclusive personalization pack in AW as a digital BO3 pre-order bonus. Kinda like when Destiny players got an exclusive shader (best one in the game IMO) for pre-ordering AW. Supply Drops won't be in BO3.

Top Bottom