• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops II |OT| Black to the Future

Pitmonkey

How about gun packs. I guarantee you it is possible now with the new level of adjustability and tuning. Give me a WWII and Cold War gun pack please.

Just picked up the game this morning and haven't played it yet, but every year I see two constants with COD games post launch.

- the servers suck first few weeks or so, causing tremendous lag.

- everyone complaining that its too hard cause of X reason.

People never learn do they.

HiiiLife

Just picked up the game this morning and haven't played it yet, but every year I see two constants with COD games post launch.

- the servers suck first few weeks or so, causing tremendous lag.

- everyone complaining that its too hard cause of X reason.

People never learn do they.

I'm definitely in the former. Lol. It's atrocious.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Just played a ground war domination match on Aftermath, was 3:28 for kills:death, almost no one I shot died unless I got in right behind them, I was getting one shot all over the place from almost every direction.

And at one point they had managed to cover our spawn with whatever that big ass helicopter thing is and some dragonfires, which wiped out the whole team a number of times in a row and no one got a chance to shoot any of it down till the game decided to spawn someone across the map just before the scorestreaks left, ridiculous, lol.

The PS3 situation is really messed up right now. I got online last night and a bunch of my clan were online so I thought it boded well. I quickly found out that nobody was able to join any public games and it was even worse than the night before.

When I've been able to play games, it's fun, but this is really ridiculous that a game that sells so well mainly due to it's multiplayer, I can't even get to properly play.

We wound up playing 9 v 9 in a private lobby with my clan, which at least was fun but not really the same as working as team and playing.

test_account

XP-39C²
Anyone else feels that the kill notification (how many points you get) is too small and unoticeable? I wish that it was like the previous COD games. Here i'm several times unsure if i get the kill or not.

Man, the PS3 servers were so weird last night....at one time it reset all my custom loadouts to default and it turned a TDM into a big battle match with 18 players.....Anyone else have similar stories?

The match is about to begin...

Nothing actually happens though, the match never starts.

I guess it's progress though, 12 hours ago you couldn't even get into lobbies. Maybe by the weekend I'll be able to get into a game. >.<

Mileena

Banned
Man, the PS3 servers were so weird last night....at one time it reset all my custom loadouts to default and it turned a TDM into a big battle match with 18 players.....Anyone else have similar stories?
Me and my boss couldn't join as a party so we did some privates to get to know the maps. It started randomly putting people in my private.... the fuck?

it's so hard to get a kill streak in this game. =(

Same here. Game is fun but just hard for me. I struggle to just get a UAV. Much like the other posts in this thread, I'm not an amazing player but in Blops, I was able to consistently stay positive and get a 5-10 KS. This... not so much haha.

Just gonna take some time to adjust and go from there.

Fistwell

Is the pc having the same issues the consoles are?
It's been mostly smooth sailing in my experience. A few blatant cases of lag compensation but nothing unusual or unexpected.

One thing that kinda bothers me is, the first few minutes of the first map I play upon booting up the game, I get uneven performance, with fps anywhere from 30 to 60. Then it just goes away. Anyone else gets this? Might be my rig.

HiiiLife

Anyone else feels that the kill notification (how many points you get) is too small and unoticeable? I wish that it was like the previous COD games. Here i'm several times unsure if i get the kill or not.

Thought I was the only one! I miss the big yellow +100 from MW. Lol.

Same here. Game is fun but just hard for me. I struggle to just get a UAV. Much like the other posts in this thread, I'm not an amazing player but in Blops, I was able to consistently stay positive and get a 5-10 KS. This... not so much haha.

Just gonna take some time to adjust and go from there.
I think it's just first week jitters; nobody knows the maps very well so they just run around with Lightweight and SMGs and the spawn system can't keep up with dudes spread out all over a map.

I've had a lot of luck with Hardcore the past few matches. Everything's a lot slower paced, so you can take the time to ckeck your corners and anticipate upcoming firefights without worrying about some random Lightweight spawning behind you.

Nabs

Yeah, I'm coupling them with the bouncing betty. Locking down an area has gotten so much easier now.

I got hit with that combo yesterday.... ffffff... I need to try that.

My Nuketown class is an 870 with 2 concussions and 2 shocks. So fun.

smr00

Banned
What issues are consoles having? Because i have yet to come across any problems on the 360 version while having my search preferences set to "best".

I noticed some lag before but since i did that i have yet to come across any type of issues.

Has anyone been having any success with LMGs? No matter how many matches I try they still just don't seem viable in these close quarters maps. Does anyone prefer one LMG over the other? I'm using the LSAT right now with grip and quickdraw attachments, but the quickdraw doesn't seem to make me aim down sights much quicker.

Vol5

I'm having major issues. The latest idea is to upgrade my BIOS which to be fair is a year out of date. A few people on the steam forums are suggesting it.

Basically it crashes when I go full screen 1080p and I get constant out of memory warnings when clearly I have 2GB+ spare. Got it working via windowed mode at a shitty res. Also, today it's refusing to v-sync so I'm getting horrendous screen tearing...out of the blue, wasn't an issue before today. There's a LOT of small updates being applied via Steam so obviously they are working on lots of different things, but I'm still pissed. Everyone is ranking up while I'm rebooting my PC 10 times an hour.

Shock charges. So good. They're a must-have for objective games.

So many people are going to be using them.

They're really amazing. I had actually dropped tactical grenades because I always forgot I had them. I gave those a go in hardpoint and haven't looked back.

My connection, for reference:
2308867258.png

YllnL.gif

Is anyone else on PC suffering from a pause/hang when the loading bar has filled? The game's always started when I eventually join; I don't think I've ever seen the 5..4..3..2..1 countdown. :-S

Realyn

Lol this gave me a good laugh.

Enemy team was 20 points ahead in Kill Confirmed and lost.

Some guy called us: "Russian headshot glitcher/no life swes/nazi faggots"

ezekial45

Banned
My experience with Ground War.

18 players (18 max)

Need more players to balance teams.
The match is about to begin.

What the hell?

Is anyone else on PC suffering from a pause/hang when the loading bar has filled? The game's always started when I eventually join; I don't think I've ever seen the 5..4..3..2..1 countdown. :-S

It doesn't always happen but yeah sometimes. I always have the screen go black when I'm joining a game already in progress instead of seeing a loading screen. The first few time it happened I thought the game had crashed.

Nuketown 2025 is so awesome.

LMG = kills galore. Total chaos. Love it.

Really am enjoying this online. It's just a little something away from hitting the greatness of COD 4 and MW2.

As someone who has been extremely critical of Treyarch (and I still am with their SP experiences), they've really nailed the formula for a good MP mode in CoD.

test_account

XP-39C²
Can someone explain to me where i can see my challenge progress for each weapon and each weapon attachement? Or did they remove all of that?

EDIT: Just found out where the other challenges are listed.

Thought I was the only one! I miss the big yellow +100 from MW. Lol.
Same here :)

ironcreed

Banned
I'll have this later today. Can't believe I actually bought another COD, but taking a break from it made me remember that it can actually be pretty fun. Not to mention that this one looks quite good, as far as COD goes. Especially the new zombie mode. Going to be hard taking a break from Halo 4, though.

Only issues im currently having are odd pauses here and there while playing MP.

And the sound being ridiculously quiet, i have to ramp up the volume to a stupid level to hear anything properly, when i quit the game and forget to turn it down, it blows me across the room :p

harrytang

Can someone explain to me where i can see my challenge progress for each weapon and each weapon attachement? Or did they remove all of that?

And what about all the other challenges? Did they lump all of them into two categories ("General" and "Game Modes") under Calling Cards, or am i missing something here?

At this point, i'm not sure which challenges i've completed or not.

Same here :)

had to check the weapon challenges on the COD Elite website. Not sure about in game though. Must be under barracks right?

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
How prevalent are killstreaks in this game? I've only played a few games of Bootcamp and there have been almost zero killstreaks, but then again I imagine players in that mode aren't particularly good.

Top Bottom