• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

Figments

Only thing I'm curious about is if these share the same servers as the X360 ?

You're playing the Xbox 360 game through an Xbox 360 emulator on your Xbox One. So yeah, you share servers, because all you're doing is emulating the game. It's not a port.

If that comes across as "snippy" or "dickish", bear in mind that that's not my intent.

You're playing the Xbox 360 game through an Xbox 360 emulator on your Xbox One. So yeah, you share servers, because all you're doing is emulating the game. It's not a port.

If that comes across as "snippy" or "dickish", bear in mind that that's not what my intent.

Not dickish at all, cheers!

Really? A OT because some game got BC on Xboxone?

Why not lets do a OT for every BC game..

Sry but i dont think there is a need for an OT on this.

But regardless, how to i get Gold Camo for weapons?

this games are very infectedy by hackers.... wouldnt get my hopes up.

To get gold camo, you have to be max prestige, and the camo costs $50k per gun.

Man all I can think about at work is going home and playing some Black Ops.. how weird.

It's not like I couldn't just plug in my 360 and play it whenever I want, but I never did. But now its newish and sexy and.. who knows.

Either way I'm stoked!

I finally got the rezurrection pack to download.. zombiesssss

etta

my hard graphic balls
totally ridiculous to have an OT for this.
Why? The population peaked at 100K last night, which is probably well above the amount of players on Star Wars Battlefront combined across all platforms.
I think that's a solid reason for needing a fresh OT.
He likes to complain a lot and about everything else.

Anyway i got this in the mail just a half hour ago.
Nice, looking good!

c0de

Figments

Does the online still work well? No hacking, easy to find games etc?

Hackers, thankfully, seem to be a rarity so far (or I've been getting lucky), and finding games is super goddamn fast thanks to the playerbase boost BC gave the game.

There might be a few network issues here and there as the servers get flooded with people wanting to play after roughly six goddamn years, but for the most part it's been smooth sailing.

moai

Its also nice thats the servers are not region locked. Many games are dead on the x1 because there is no one playing on small markets. I would rather trade a good connection for an average one if it lets me play the game.

Chris1

To get gold camo, you have to be max prestige, and the camo costs $50k per gun.
I don't know if I'm stupid or if it's just a sad state of video gaming today, but when I first read that I thought to myself "Holy shit $50k? Who's gonna buy that" before realizing BO had in game money.....

Figments

Downloading now. So how's the performance? Good? Bad?

For the most part, performance is actually on par with the 360 version. The only issue I've noticed so far is that, sometimes, running through spent smoke grenades makes the framerate dive to maybe 45-50. I'm not too sure about the exact numbers, but it's a noticeable dip. However, the rest of the game runs butter smooth, from my experience so far.

Here yah go.

Nokterian

Why? The population peaked at 100K last night, which is probably well above the amount of players on Star Wars Battlefront combined across all platforms.
I think that's a solid reason for needing a fresh OT.

Nice, looking good!

Congratulations welcome to the family!

Welcome back you mean i still own a 360 and the old one ;) But thank you. Guys you can add me with the same nickname as here.

Ein Bear

totally ridiculous to have an OT for this.

Yes, I'm sure the Neogaf servers are collapsing under the strain.

Cru

I think you have to get good for gold camo.

I don't know if I'm stupid or if it's just a sad state of video gaming today, but when I first read that I thought to myself "Holy shit $50k? Who's gonna buy that" before realizing BO had in game money.....

Lol, yeah if it was out today in this market, the gold camo would be locked behind a paywall.

Its also nice thats the servers are not region locked. Many games are dead on the x1 because there is no one playing on small markets. I would rather trade a good connection for an average one if it lets me play the game.

Its just p2p...

I think you have to get good for gold camo.

I think you should visit gamefaqs ;)

You're more than welcome to not post in the thread if you feel that way, its not a difficult concept. 140 posts on day 2, seems like it was worth it

And you are welcome to deal with criticism. Not a difficult concept.

He likes to complain a lot and about everything else.

The concept of criticism is unknown to some of you i guess.

tuco11

HCTDM

Ghost Pro
Sleight of Hand Pro
Ninja Pro

Commando/silencer
claymores

good times.

ps. I still hate you last stand lol

etta

my hard graphic balls
And you are welcome to deal with criticism. Not a difficult concept.
The concept of criticism is unknown to some of you i guess.
So instead of you not entering a thread you don't care about you want us to deal with you entering it and saying how much you don't care about it?

io0PL5S__400x400.jpeg

Christ the connections I've been getting (NE USA) have been dog turd! It's playing like complete and total trash. I don't remember the hit detection and lag being this bad... But it could just be not playing in 6 or so years. Ugh, not enjoying it at all. Wish this IW game was more grounded and "old school COD" but I guess we'll have to wait for the next one (hopefully).

I know I shouldn't be surprised at Australian pricing being ridiculous, but $25 is absolutely ridiculous when US price is less than half of it.

Just can't justify that much when I own the PS3 version already.

etta

my hard graphic balls

gossi

100k online. Here's what I say to people complaining about the OT existing: find me a multiplayer title of late with 100k concurrent people.

Played for a while longer today, much fun. I will say this though: you forget how terrible peer to peer servers were.

Played for a while longer today, much fun. I will say this though: you forget how terrible peer to peer servers were.

I'm big on PC gaming, so I'm used to dedicated servers. Didn't really bad an eye with Halo 5, as they're pretty damn consistent.

When I saw "connection interrupted" in a match today, I blinked a few times before I remembered that was a thing that existed. And it's bad; oh lord, it's bad.

95k people wow

Hopped on for two games. I was by no means a great player way back when or anything (1.45 k/d) but I was getting wrecked today. It will definitely require some adjusting time. Crazy.

I can't seem to buy the game on the Xbox one day store. It just says show price and then a says I have to buy on 360 or Xbox.com

Log on to Xbox.com with your account and correct Xbox One gamertag and purchase there. It'll say "Purchase for Xbox 360' but It'll still show up on your XB1 under "My games & apps". Then download and install from there.

Top Bottom