• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

I haven't played any BC games until now, but the input lag seems more pronounced then I remember. Is input lag on BC games common? I've done some googling, and it appears some games are suffering from this. It's pretty annoying, though I just came from playing PC only for a few months. I tested AW just for comparison and it responds a bit quicker. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else notices this or maybe I'm just weird.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I haven't played any BC games until now, but the input lag seems more pronounced then I remember. Is input lag on BC games common? I've done some googling, and it appears some games are suffering from this. It's pretty annoying, though I just came from playing PC only for a few months. I tested AW just for comparison and it responds a bit quicker. Anyway, just wondering if anyone else notices this or maybe I'm just weird.
The Xbox One applies a double buffer V-sync to all BC games. The upside is that there's no more screen tearing, and the downside is that it adds some input lag. I find it playable, but I wonder why they're not using triple buffering since that reduced most of the input lag that is added by the V-sync.

The Xbox One applies a double buffer V-sync to all BC games. The upside is that there's no more screen tearing, and the downside is that it adds some input lag. I find it playable, but I wonder why they're not using triple buffering since that reduced most of the input lag that is added by the V-sync.

Ahh okay, that's a bummer. Too bad they don't give an option to turn it off, I'd rather deal with screen tearing than input lag, at least for shooters anyway. Thanks meow.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Ahh okay, that's a bummer. Too bad they don't give an option to turn it off, I'd rather deal with screen tearing than input lag, at least for shooters anyway. Thanks meow.
I wonder if we can pester them to let us disable it. Though it could be a system wide thing, like how Windows applies triple buffering V-sync to every game that doesn't run in exclusive full screen.

I wonder if we can pester them to let us disable it. Though it could be a system wide thing, like how Windows applies triple buffering V-sync to every game that doesn't run in exclusive full screen.

Yeah, that would be cool. Not sure who to direct the idea to, probably the feedback program I suppose? I saw a lot of people upset about Gears because of the issue. Maybe not enough people care, but as much as I love BO being on xbone, I'd rather just play it on the 360 because of the added delay.

This is the current population 96k players online:

dxmJxBn.jpg

etta

my hard graphic balls
Yeah, that would be cool. Not sure who to direct the idea to, probably the feedback program I suppose? I saw a lot of people upset about Gears because of the issue. Maybe not enough people care, but as much as I love BO being on xbone, I'd rather just play it on the 360 because of the added delay.
Welp, might as well try.

https://xbox.uservoice.com/forums/363186--new-ideas/suggestions/13902450-allow-disabling-of-the-double-buffer-v-sync-for-ba

Everyone please vote if you can!

cameltoe

I can't find my disk!! How can I play this on the One? I can't download it on my xbone and my 360 died :(

Edit: Just read about the input lag...PASS! Thanks guys

I can't find my disk!! How can I play this on the One? I can't download it on my xbone and my 360 died :(

I don't notice the input lag maybe it's because I'm playing with a wired controller on a PC monitor with 1ms response time and 10ms input lag

etta

my hard graphic balls

It's not that bad lol, there were 100K people on day 1 and 96K people now on day 2. Most people won't even notice it, it's still playable.
It's $10 on the Xbox Marketplace until Monday night.

Figments

yo guys just to make sure, a buddy and I can play on the same console and hop on multiplayer, right?

Yup. Spltiscreen online multiplayer still works, as does four-player local.

whats gamestop selling these used for?

They were selling for around $6 for Power-Up Rewards Pro members yesterday. Price hiked dramatically today, to around $20 for non-Power-Up Pro members and $18 for.

Dat back compat price tag.

darksunpr

Damn I cant buy it, everytime I try (on xbox.com) I get:
"Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."
With different cards and paypal :/

I don't notice the input lag maybe it's because I'm playing with a wired controller on a PC monitor with 1ms response time and 10ms input lag

Wired controller with a 1ms BenQ here and I notice very clear input lag unfortunately. The game plays very poorly overall in my experience. It's really a shame but it nowhere near as smooth, accurate or immediate as the last 3 CODs.

Is it really that good for you? Honestly curious as I'm trying to figure out why it's so bad. My internet is stellar too. It just really bad :(

shanafan

Strange, the game plays better with the paddles off the Elite controller. I found the movement feeling a little "chunky" with the paddles.

Wired controller with a 1ms BenQ here and I notice very clear input lag unfortunately. The game plays very poorly overall in my experience. It's really a shame but it nowhere near as smooth, accurate or immediate as the last 3 CODs.

Is it really that good for you? Honestly curious as I'm trying to figure out why it's so bad. My internet is stellar too. It just really bad :(

Yes it is indeed a pretty good experience and performance on my end, I have the BenQ RL2455HM monitor BTW, what model do you have?

Strange, the game plays better with the paddles off the Elite controller. I found the movement feeling a little "chunky" with the paddles.

It depends on how you use it for example I use the 4 with my Elite controller and everything feels perfect

RoKKeR

Does this show up on the "Most Played" list in the Dashboard/Xbox Store now? Almost 100k is insane for such an old game.

Yes it is indeed a pretty good experience and performance on my end, I have the BenQ RL2455HM monitor BTW, what model do you have?

It depends on how you use it for example I use the 4 with my Elite controller and everything feels perfect

I have your monitor strictly for console games, the input lag comes from the vsync deal as the op pointed out. Some people are just more sensitive then others. There is definitely less input lag on the 360.

JoeLT

I bought XBL Gold to buy and play this game, but the price is coming up as $100 for me still even with Gold? (I live in Australia) it says that the Gold Exclusive price is $25 but when I try to buy it charges me $100 which is the normal ridiculous price....any help?

Figments

I bought XBL Gold to buy and play this game, but the price is coming up as $100 for me still even with Gold? (I live in Australia) it says that the Gold Exclusive price is $25 but when I try to buy it charges me $100 which is the normal ridiculous price....any help?

Are you buying from the console or the website? If the former, try the site, if the latter, I'm just as confused as you are.

Australian options:

-Preowned Black Ops 1 missing cover for $19

-Digital Black Ops 1 $25

-Preowned Black Ops 1 and 2 bundle for $36 (assuming BO2 gets BC one day)

Halp

Kalentan

Decided to get this. I only have Black Ops on PS3 and well, without a PS3 anymore (brother took it), I can't ever go back and play this...

And Declassified isn't exactly a good sub for it. >.>

Damn I cant buy it, everytime I try (on xbox.com) I get:
"Your purchase cannot be completed at this time. Please try again."
With different cards and paypal :/
I'm having a similar problem but mine won't let me chose my Xbox live balance as a payment option even though I have $20 on it.

Kalentan

Was everything always so blurry on the console version... Or is something weird happening.

Edit: Went 8 and 18 in my first MP match... Something feels... off. Maybe the framerate?

Figments

Was everything always so blurry on the console version... Or is something weird happening.

Edit: Went 8 and 18 in my first MP match... Something feels... off. Maybe the framerate?

Did you get some microstuttering and such? It's more than likely the networking--there's been a few issues with connectivity and such since the BC version dropped.

Performance is improved, actually. The frame time used to fluctuate constantly, and now it's a stable 16.6ms.

People are claiming it's input lag, but I'm not feeling it. However, the game's netcoding was always pretty freaking awful; P2P networking and all that.

Kalentan

Performance is improved, actually. The frame time used to fluctuate constantly, and now it's a stable 16.6ms.

People are claiming it's input lag, but I'm not feeling it. However, the game's netcoding was always pretty freaking awful; P2P networking and all that.

The input lag maybe it. I always feel like my movement and general moment to moment gameplay is at a slight delay.

First multiplayer match last night went 10-8...stayed positive. Something is definitely off when aiming down sights though.

Hint: Do not come from playing DOOM to this...lol.

So glad to play again though.

Top Bottom