• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

This is the current population 102k players online

5LRlAgV.jpg

At this point I think it's fair to say that we are BACK in BLACK!

https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

etta

my hard graphic balls
Lemme hop on and check, been playing some campaign last night and it's such a night and day difference between the old, modern Call of Duties and the ones post-Modern Warfare 3. It's so fucking cool to fight the Vietcong and see those choppers shooting shit up and Woods sneaking up on mofos and shoving his knife in their throat.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Hope other publishers are seeing this and realizing this is free money for them
I'm guessing this is the title that sets the precedent.
Hopefully the floodgates will open now.

Yup, 103K. Honestly I was expecting a bit more since it got to 100K mid-week. There's still Saturday night and Sunday, I want to see at least 125K!!

Chris1

Just wait until RDR

After GTA V, that game is going to do HUGE numbers on BC I bet.

I mean, it shot up to #1 Amazon UK when it leaked for a few hours before, not even BO1 has reached that high yet (might have something to do with it being cheaper on the xbox live store tho :p, & people that bought it over the past 6 months waiting, poor souls :()

Bizzquik

I just bought BO on the store, why not? $10 bucks and I like the older CoD games

Yeah, the title being just released on Backward Compatibility and on sale for $10 was really smart.

Going deeper, I think Activision missed a chance to get a lot of DLC map pack sales, too, though. Should've released a separate bundle with all the DLC map packs for ~$15 or ~$20 while the interest in the game has been rekindled.

Chris1

Yeah, the title being just released on Backward Compatibility and on sale for $10 was really smart.

Going deeper, I think Activision missed a chance to get a lot of DLC map pack sales, too, though. Should've released a separate bundle with all the DLC map packs for ~$15 or ~$20 while the interest in the game has been rekindled.
Yeah, I actually have some DLC for BO1 but I'd pick up the rest for $5 or so a map pack. I just can't push myself to buy it for $15 a pop

Ellite25

Are you a gold member?

I just did that month of gold for a dollar deal.

It won't let me buy it on my One at all, says not available, and on the website it says $40 and I/m trying to see if it'll change the price if I go to purchase it but it's making me wait for them to send me a code to verify it's me logging on.

Ellite25

WTF I had them text me a code, I entered it to verify my log in and it won't let me log in still until my security is updated on 6/20/16. The hell is going on?

Edit: Called support and got it all sorted out, downloading now

there are a lot of either cheaters or people who never stopped playing this game, but it's still fun. The galil is my favorite call of duty gun ever.

ResoRai

Haha that is awesome. Will do the same if i encounter someone xD

This is awesome. I have not run into any cheats yet, but now it's just so easy to catch and record them in the act.
Yeah the ease of recording is something I think will discourage more people from cheating. Well it did for the guy I ran into haha.

Here's footage of u trying to kill the guy. Believe he went 20+ to 0 that match.
http://gameclipscontent-d2008.xboxlive.com/00090000036ad92f-05b1d393-c475-4214-978b-1858819fe391/GameClip-Original.MP4?sv=2014-02-14&sr=c&sig=LLfNfvrnxlQ6DR84saz%2BxJLPrXdCTQKQPB3N25Rhois%3D&st=2016-05-21T23%3A23%3A56Z&se=2016-05-22T00%3A28%3A56Z&sp=r&__gda__=1463876936_724107b42eb5120dc4c6d3d70fbfab63

Says there's 85k players online but when i go to choose modes there's only 38k. Am i right in assuming the difference being those that have the DLC?

Owned all the packs on PS3 so I may have to double dip if this is the case.

Don't really see any cheating or hacking there. The guy was killed with a single bullet the moment after he killed you, so he wasn't invincible.

Throughout the match he did die a few times, but it was only with headshots. I don't know how or why but body hits didn't seem to register any damage.

I looked at his combat record after the fact and it seemed pretty suspicious. Like I said before, this was the only one I thought to capture, but it had gone on the entire round.

Can anybody tell me what is so good in black ops 1 that the others dont have? i never played the MP in Call of Duty, But seeing this thread there must be something really good with this game.

Enlighten me GAF!

Everything about the game was perfect cept for 2 flaws. Second Chance perk and Ghost perk.

Is it just me, or does it feel like there is a bit of input lag going on.

this game was the first to suffer from some of the hit registration issues and overly aggressive server side prediction that became really awful in MW3 and BO2 so if you're talking about shots registering late or dying as you take cover around a corner, yes, it happens a lot in this game. You gotta learn to live with it.

Figments

Is it just me, or does it feel like there is a bit of input lag going on.

Some people have found that putting the game on an external drive decreases the input lag. I don't personally know, as I've encountered no input lag issues except in the cases where the host of a lobby was running their internet through a potato.

Potato host is bad host.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Some people have found that putting the game on an external drive decreases the input lag. I don't personally know, as I've encountered no input lag issues except in the cases where the host of a lobby was running their internet through a potato.

Potato host is bad host.
No it's when it's on the external that the input lag is amplified for me and another. Internal performs better.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Really? Huh. I have the game on my external and performance is pretty great for me. No noticeable input lag on my end.

Weird.
Yea I dunno why, for Xbox One games my external performs better at loading times. It's a pretty high end drive, a Western Digital My Book Studio that does 140-150 MB/s read.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
Hope other publishers are seeing this and realizing this is free money for them

I said it last E3, and some scoffed at it, but Microsoft announcing backwards compatibility was huge and one of my favorite announcements from last E3.

Over 100k players is huge for a BC title and BC has helped revive BLOPS1.

Top Bottom