• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

I posted this in the last thread when this was announced, but there is a real noticeable input lag. I don't know if its just the way the game felt when it was released, or its its an emulation issue. If i hit the reload button it is noticeably delayed until it actually reloads. I jumped into Blops 3 immediately after, and sure enough it is instant when pressing the button.

etta

my hard graphic balls
I keep seeing people jump around corners and randomly towards you and I'm like why the fuck are you jumping!!! And it hit me, people are used to the jetpack jumps from previous games so now they instinctively tap A lol.
Also, it may be placebo but I'm noticing less input delay when I moved it to the internal drive from external. I wonder if BC games operate differently on external drives.
Dark10x, can you guys test this v-sync input thing on both an external and internal?

Yo what the hell my aim is definitely more responsive since I moved it to the internal drive. Can anyone else test this? Could be why DF didn't even mention any input issues in their analysis?!?

How? I mean seriously, how can it even run better emulated. I hopeat any time we will hear something about this emulator on a technical level.

Game might not be CPU bound, which is the typical clincher for emulation performance. On the other hand, the emulator simply might have been improved to the point where it's actually having gains over the original releases.

Chris1

I'd wait to see where it lands around on the weekend. I remember RDR jumped to #1 after it was leaked. I'm sure Black Ops can do similar.

I think that was UK. It's #3 UK Amazon atm.

Though with the digital version dirt cheap, wouldn't surprise me if a lot of people went digital instead.

MechDX

Excellent! My hope is that both Microsoft and the publishers see financial gain thru the backwards compatibility titles released, in hopes that other publishers hop on board.

It's free money for publishers. MS does all the lifting. They just drop the price on old games and watch the money come in.

zeelman

I posted this in the last thread when this was announced, but there is a real noticeable input lag. I don't know if its just the way the game felt when it was released, or its its an emulation issue. If i hit the reload button it is noticeably delayed until it actually reloads. I jumped into Blops 3 immediately after, and sure enough it is instant when pressing the button.

Sounds like a problem on your end. I've watched streams of it and nobody is complaining about that.

shanafan

Time to give this baby another chance

I went back to playing it on PS3, and it just felt better. I don't know, but this BC title just doesn't feel right. Could just be me, but I feel the movement is chunky, hit detection is off and some lag issues.

Maybe it's because I have got so used to Black Ops 3, but like I said, I felt fine going back and playing Black Ops on PS3.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Feels good had to force myself to get up and go to work.
Haha I was the same. It's been years since I had to force myself to stop playing a Call of Duty game.
2017 CoD is probably set in stone already, but I hope the one after is not futuristic. Black Ops multiplayer is so damn fun.

Haha I was the same. It's been years since I had to force myself to stop playing a Call of Duty game.
2017 CoD is probably set in stone already, but I hope the one after is not futuristic. Black Ops multiplayer is so damn fun.

At this point, I'd dig an alt-history Call of Duty title. I love Treyarch's colorful carnage, but I'm a little tired of the "future = clown barfed on everything" art style of Black Ops 3.

Really though, a lot of interesting stuff could come of a CoD game set in a world where the Axis powers won WW2, but around 1990-2000. It'd be really interesting to see how Treyarch would envision a modern day setting where Japan has dominance over the west coast United States, and Germany east coast (thanks, Phillip K. Dick).

No USA to defend. It's just whatever groups sprang up in the 50-60 years following the war's conclusion. That jingoistic crap (which has been played out to death and is a really boring motivator) could be ushered out. No "the resistance", either; after a few decades, whoever decided to oppose the Axis would be stomped out quietly.

Resisting is boring. I want to see the world accepted for how it is, instead of an alternate universe that tries to bring itself in-line with ours over time.

Excellent! My hope is that both Microsoft and the publishers see financial gain thru the backwards compatibility titles released, in hopes that other publishers hop on board.

Especially for games whos last 3 attempts were horrific. Its nice to go back to when they were fun.

kuYuri

I keep seeing people jump around corners and randomly towards you and I'm like why the fuck are you jumping!!! And it hit me, people are used to the jetpack jumps from previous games so now they instinctively tap A lol.
Also, it may be placebo but I'm noticing less input delay when I moved it to the internal drive from external. I wonder if BC games operate differently on external drives.
Dark10x, can you guys test this v-sync input thing on both an external and internal?

Yo what the hell my aim is definitely more responsive since I moved it to the internal drive. Can anyone else test this? Could be why DF didn't even mention any input issues in their analysis?!?

Sounds more like jump shotting to me. Typically done by try hards in public games and tournament players to get the jump on people in gun fights or to throw their aim off.

Kalentan

I did have a match earlier that everyone on my team had uneven pings but all the high prestige players on the enemy team had perfect ping.

No idea if that was cheating but like no one on my team could do anything. We got curbed stomped.

Figments

I did have a match earlier that everyone on my team had uneven pings but all the high prestige players on the enemy team had perfect ping.

No idea if that was cheating but like no one on my team could do anything. We got curbed stomped.

Sounds like cheating.

Anyone here going to be regular domination players.. I used to have a group that played pretty much every night but that was 4-5 years ago.

Ipitythafool25 is gamertag, 1.92 KD, 1.98 win/loss... Just looking for others to play with because plying with randoms gets boring after a while

RoKKeR

They are. There have been re-listings of a few digital 360 games on Amazon recently that have "play on Xbox One" across the top of the boxart. I expect to see quite a few of these announced at E3.

Also the headline is kind of dumb because of the percentage, but still... http://www.videogamer.com/xbox360/call_of_duty_black_ops/news/call_of_duty_black_ops_sales_jump_13_000_following_xbox_one_backward_compatibility_update.html

The last couple of weeks I've been playing Ghosts but now that I play a bit of Black Ops, man, the difference level design and weapon balancing, it's like night and day.

shanafan

Per Etta's advice, I moved the game from my external hdd to the internal hdd and it plays a lot better now.

If you find it just not feeling right as far as gameplay goes, give that a shot!

etta

my hard graphic balls
Per Etta's advice, I moved the game from my external hdd to the internal hdd and it plays a lot better now.

If you find it just not feeling right as far as gameplay goes, give that a shot!
This is insane that it's happening =O
It should most certainly not happen, Xbox One games are perfectly functional on external HDD.

Loaded it up fine tonight. Found out I had the first 3 map packs too which was cool.

Looks like I finished on 8th prestige level 19 back in the day :p.

First game back was on Berlin Wall and I went 10-14...not the best way to start haha

Top Bottom