• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Black Ops [Xbox One BC] |OT| https://youtu.be/pAgnJDJN4VA

Codiox

Can anybody tell me what is so good in black ops 1 that the others dont have? i never played the MP in Call of Duty, But seeing this thread there must be something really good with this game.

Enlighten me GAF!

Are there any cheating problems from people who lingered with the 360 version? It felt to me that cheater populations spiked after new CODs were released, and it felt to me like Xbox 360 modding was on the rise and more people were gaining the ability to cheat.

If that's not an issue, I might very well pick this up. The multiplayer was the last time I felt completely enthused about COD multi (though I have played and enjoyed COD games since), and I do sometimes kind of get warm fuzzy feelings thinking back on this game.

Deadbeat

Banned
Can anybody tell me what is so good in black ops 1 that the others dont have? i never played the MP in Call of Duty, But seeing this thread there must be something really good with this game.

Enlighten me GAF!
Least amount of bullshit. Vietnam/Cold war theme. Great maps.
The numbers, Codiox

EBE

picked this up for $10 because why not?
never did buy the second map pack, or the fourth zombie themed pack (because zombies is garbage)

Moa

Are there any cheating problems from people who lingered with the 360 version? It felt to me that cheater populations spiked after new CODs were released, and it felt to me like Xbox 360 modding was on the rise and more people were gaining the ability to cheat.

If that's not an issue, I might very well pick this up. The multiplayer was the last time I felt completely enthused about COD multi (though I have played and enjoyed COD games since), and I do sometimes kind of get warm fuzzy feelings thinking back on this game.

There's the odd game where someone will have a mod menu and just crash your game. It's not frequent enough to stop you from purchasing it, though.

ResoRai

Been playing a few hours everyday since it got on BC and only ran into one last night with invisibility and invincibility.
Then proceeded to message him: "It's pretty awesome how the xbox one can record gameplay at the press of a button".

Next match he ended up with around 3 kills and 12 deaths haha.

Been playing a few hours everyday since it got on BC and only ran into one last night with invisibility and invincibility.
Then proceeded to message him: "It's pretty awesome how the xbox one can record gameplay at the press of a button".

Haha that is awesome. Will do the same if i encounter someone xD

coastel

Ugh by far my most liked online FPS ever. If it keeps player numbers high online I may purchase a xbox 1 just for this game.

Card Boy

Banned
Ugh by far my most liked online FPS ever. If it keeps player numbers high online I may purchase a xbox 1 just for this game.

I was doing these numbers before BC aswell. Black Ops 2 was doing higher numbers last time i checked acouple months ago.

Enlighten me GAF!

Campaign is corridor shooting. Characters are unlikable bloodthirsty savages. Story is a by-the-numbers (literally and figuratively) Cold War brainwashing plot.

Multiplayer, however, is a weird mish-mash of great maps, cool streaks, and simplified loadouts. Pick 10 still stands above it, but the equipment system of Black Ops 1 should not be ignored for what it brought to the series. Namely, COD Points. BO2 condensed these into Unlock Tokens, but it was an interesting system in BO1 that allowed you to earn currency to buy weapons, perks, equipment, and cosmetics, as well as purchase contracts (earning you more XP and currency if you finished them within a time limit) and participate in wager matches (where you gamble the currency for the potential to break even or win sums of CP).

I think multiplayer would be more fun if the Famas wasn't a frickin' laser, but hey, Black Ops 3 has me covered in that regard.

Zombies is also really damn fun. Five sees you playing as JFK, Castro, Nixon, and McNamara to battle zombies in the Pentagon, Call of the Dead is a bizarre fight for survival against an oversized zombie George Romero in Siberia, while Moon brings low gravity environments to zombies, with the occasional teleportation session to Hangar 18.

It's all great fun. Far from perfect, and definitely showing its age mechanically and visually, but for ten dollars, you could do a hell of a lot worse.

BigLee74

Just to chime in.

No noticeable input lag for me here. In fact, I am pretty amazed at how well this runs. I just cant tell the difference over the 360 version in the multiplayer.

Campaign also appears to be spot on, although I havent played much of it yet.

It doesn't necessarily have to be an emulation issue in regards to lag. It may just be that games have come along way in terms of developing around input lag to mitigate the issue. Look at how well Halo 5 compared to every other game ever. Blops1 came out 6 years ago, so maybe its just the way the game ran. Its not a connection issue either.

Simbo

Neo Member
Wow the campaign still feels amazing.

Had also completely forgotten just how good FPS are in 3D. Such a shame devs have forgotten about it this gen.

Wow the campaign still feels amazing.

Had also completely forgotten just how good FPS are in 3D. Such a shame devs have forgotten about it this gen.

I don't think it's that devs forgot about stereoscopic 3D as much as they didn't care. 3D as a home format is dead.

chemicals

I also rank Black Ops as one of the best COD campaigns. That mission in Vietnam where everything is red... good gaming moments.

Its in its own "Wager Matches" selection. Go to multiplayer and on the screen where it says "Find a Game" it should have an option for "Wager Matches" enjoy!

You make your nation proud! thank you

giphy.gif

RedRum

Banned

This is awesome. I have not run into any cheats yet, but now it's just so easy to catch and record them in the act.

Ivan 3414

Sounds more like jump shotting to me. Typically done by try hards in public games and tournament players to get the jump on people in gun fights or to throw their aim off.

That may be true but during this game's peak I can't recall any player actively making jumps like that in gunfights.

Nazgul11

It's been a long time since I last played.

What are the go to weapons?

For some reason I remember the FAMAS and AK74U being king, but I could be wrong.

Figments

how many players online are there ??

Right now, roughly 30,000. The highest I've seen it go is almost 100,000.

It's been a long time since I last played.

What are the go to weapons?

For some reason I remember the FAMAS and AK74U being king, but I could be wrong.

FAMAS and AK74u are still overused as fuck. The M14 is pretty damn great with ACOG and grip, and the Commando is basically the go-to late-rank weapon, IMO.

Matticers

I only played Black Ops on the PS3 but this is my favorite CoD game and I miss it so I'm considering buying the 360 version just to play it on the Xbox One. Especially now with the shot of life that the game has. I guess I'd just have to buy the regular version and hope that they decide to sell the season pass for cheap sometime. I'm assuming you can still buy that, anyway.

Nazgul11

Right now, roughly 30,000. The highest I've seen it go is almost 100,000.

FAMAS and AK74u are still overused as fuck. The M14 is pretty damn great with ACOG and grip, and the Commando is basically the go-to late-rank weapon, IMO.

Gotcha. I forgot about the Commando.

Is the M14 still a two shot kill?

Pjsprojects

Annoyingly I just ended up buying the game again due to the PC version seemingly not having the classic maps.

Having all the dlc from 360 was nice however.

Thank fuck I got this the time that MS sold it for 3 dollars. The lack of pace is still throwing me through a loop, but it's starting to click again. Furthermore, this game still looks really nice.

I played a match of Summit. Still some of my fondest CoD memories on this map. The Black Ops games really tend to leave a great lasting impression on me appose to all the other CoD's.

Big_Al

Unconfirmed Member
Can anyone look at the ingame numbers please and say what the numbers are currently like for the Pure mode/Barebones mode ? Just curious as those were my favourite modes in BLOPS :)

Rourkey

Can not believe how well this still holds up! Looks fantastic on my 4K tele, I've already put more time into this that I have BO3

Rourkey

Can anyone look at the ingame numbers please and say what the numbers are currently like for the Pure mode/Barebones mode ? Just curious as those were my favourite modes in BLOPS :)

Only 139 I believe right now

But the front page says there are 58k playing in total, impressive!

I played a match of Summit. Still some of my fondest CoD memories on this map. The Black Ops games really tend to leave a great lasting impression on me appose to all the other CoD's.

Can not believe how well this still holds up! Looks fantastic on my 4K tele, I've already put more time into this that I have BO3

Yeah me too! My favorite mp cod by far actually I have probably spent more time playing this week than the last 3 cods combined

PSYGN

I started playing last night and there were more good players than usual, I think a lot of the CoD vets are checking out the game as there were at least a couple of over 2kd players in most of my lobbies and many of them were low levels like myself. The lobbies were also pretty laggy and I kept getting shot around corners. I'm about to start it up again and hopefully it will run smoother. I have 4.2kd and 420spm in BO3 for TDM and am a rusher. I am only doing 2kd 330spm in this game. The input lag and the slow sprintout makes it tough to rush, but I guess I somehow managed that back then. Also, fuck knifing. I keep forgetting that they kill in one use and somehow all my enemies are back to their old panic habits already.

Kalentan

Still something that feels off about the game. Some matches go great, where shots are registering and such. Then there are other matches where it feels like half my shots will be ignored and enemy players appear for a second before I instantly die from them.

Still something that feels off about the game. Some matches go great, where shots are registering and such. Then there are other matches where it feels like half my shots will be ignored and enemy players appear for a second before I instantly die from them.
This sounds like every call of duty for me.

Figments

Post above me gets it.

After finally going back and hooking up my 360, the input lag felt the same. I think I was just so used to playing my PC at 144hz. So all in all, a stellar emulation. It's over 100k now. Pretty neato.

Varg

Banned
Once they announce games like mw2 , red dead, shadow run, lost odyssey , and blue dragon, I'll insta purchase an Xbox one and make it my primary console going forward. Hoping they announce a slim version at e3 as well with a quick release . So excited to play some of my favorite games again

Top Bottom