• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Falchion

Trying frontline now, it sounds cool starting in your base and not having to worry about dying immediately.

Vidpixel

Enjoyed this one IMMENSELY more than Titanfall. And I liked that one.

Yeah, I definitely would've picked this up if the past few weeks weren't already completely stacked, FPS-wise. I opted for Titanfall 2 merely because the game seems built from the ground up to adhere to the movement system, whereas in CoD, it feels a bit more tacked-on to an already well-established formula.

Again though, the campaign always intrigued me since it's reveal, so it's nice to hear that a majority seem to be enjoying it.

Karak

Whoa, that's awesome. Looking forward to both campaigns this Winter!

Posting my review in a bit. But consistantly surprised and absolutely enjoyed this sucker.
Where most of the Call of Duty games world spanning activities never really let you feel like a part of something. There is a very real feeling of ownership here. Like the ship getting cleaned up as you do more missions and sitting down and watching newscasts after your missions.

I don't know if It's my TV or something, but the game really seems washed out to me. I have a 4k HDR TV and It just seems...washed out. I've switched from both my specific HDR HDMI to my standard HDMI and It seems the same.

I have no idea why It's looking washed out, but I'd really like to experience "HDR" the way it is...

Karak

I don't know if It's my TV or something, but the game really seems washed out to me. I have a 4k HDR TV and It just seems...washed out. I've switched from both my specific HDR HDMI to my standard HDMI and It seems the same.

I have no idea why It's looking washed out, but I'd really like to experience "HDR" the way it is...

The option never even showed up for me on the Xbox One.

Uhhhh Call of Duty Ghosts has a 78 MC. This has a 79 Open Critic so far. So if we're only judging them on reviews at this point, they're basically the same and are the lowest COD scores.

How in the hell did Ghosts land a 78 lmao, I really liked that game but damn that seems charitable.

I found Hamilton:

217403_screenshot-original_1_3.png

Zombies mode is embarrassing. Ugly, cliche, cringey and just plain boring. Leave Zombies to Treyarch. I don't want IW or SH touching it with a fifty foot pole.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Enjoyed this one IMMENSELY more than Titanfall. And I liked that one.

Titanfall 2 was good but I'm not over the moon about it like the rest of gaf either. Wouldn't have paid full price for it just to play that campaign.

Crossing my fingers on this one. Reception seems a bit more mixed so far.

How in the hell did Ghosts land a 78 lmao, I really liked that game but damn that seems charitable.
Reviewers always tend to be charitable with Call of Duty games. It's like the Call of Duty grading scale only exists between 8 and 9.5 no matter the quality. Which is fine, I dont need reviews for COD. I know that I will typically find the campaign compelling enough to finish, try multiplayer, realize I am still terrible at it and then trade the game in a couple weeks later.

Kalentan

Zombies mode is embarrassing. Ugly, cliche, cringey and just plain boring. Leave Zombies to Treyarch. I don't want IW or SH touching it with a fifty foot pole.

The COD Zombies subreddit seems to be liking it.

One mission in and I'm already loving the SP. So much better than Ghosts and BO3. Not exactly high praise to some but eh. Overall I like what I'm seeing a lot.

Reviews are all over the place on Metacritic, from 50 at time to 100 at impulse gamer

Gamespot 8
Game informer 90

Average 80 right now

anyone willing to check the bot matches in IW and see if you earn any XP? Ghosts had that really cool mode, just curious if this one does too (doing coop with friends who aren't interested in the toxic community still has us playing ghosts from time to time)

Beta was ass, did IW make any adjustments from the beta or is it the same game?

Feels like the same game for multiplayer (from beta). Map lanes are all very narrow and break into multiple entrance points so it feels really hard to stay alive very long. Camping so far has been the most successful for me, just sitting in a corner killing people as they run by until someone comes up behind me. I don't really like camping, but constantly running ends up with me dying to team shots 99% of the time.

I don't really want to pass judgements until I learn more of the maps, and I the class and guns are growing on me, but right now multiplayer feels about the same as beta for me. Its insane how huge UAVs are as well, they feel like they make or break a team whereas in BO3 they were just kinda nice to have.

Also matchmaking is still kinda iffy to me, I've had most of my games end up 4 v 6 all the way through and I dunno if people are DC'ing or leaving or what.

Kalentan

Ethan: Here's a hacking module!
*takes it*
*takes out grenade, think I think make it through the windows. It bounces off and I die.*
I am not very bright sometimes.

Toli08

Reviews are all over the place on Metacritic, from 50 at time to 100 at impulse gamer

Gamespot 8
Game informer 90

Average 80 right now

My guess is certain reviewers feel the campaign is the main course. While others feel like the multiplayer is the main course.

For me I find the campaign as a boring drag and can never finish it. But I will put in over a week of gameplay into the multiplayer. Also by week I mean in game time.

Kolgar

How well does the frame rate holds during the campaign on the Xbox one?

I only played for 45 minutes or so, but the frame-rate seemed solid. I don't recall any hiccups, though there may have been a little tearing.

Can anyone else weigh in?

Nothing says welcome to Call of Duty than crashing right after selecting NEW GAME and HARDCORE difficulty.

EDIT: Crashed again on 2nd try. Wow, I guess I can't play. Third time is a charm I guess, it worked.

capture9zu7c.png

Toa TAK

Banned
Nice OT banner.

I'll jumping feet-first into the campaign as soon as my sister is done watching How to Get Away With Murder. ;_;

renzolama

I am calm like an ocean

FEEL YOURSELF LOST IN A FOREST

AN ICE FOREST

god i hate black ops 3 campaign

That was the weakest campaign in a call of duty game (aside from Ghosts, which I don't count) for a long time. It just made no sense and had no emotional punch. I couldn't care less about any of those characters, they were all completely generic. It was a bizarre experience coming off of the engaging campaigns in BO 1/2. The worst part is that it had a really fascinating layer buried so far under the avalanche of meaningless bullshit that nobody would ever experience it as part of the story while they were actually playing through it.

This game has serious issues on the Xbox one. I was playing Kill Confirmed on Frost and there was serious stuttering all throughout the match.

Wow I am loving the campaign so far as a big fan of scifi games - really makes me think of mass effect. Looks gorgeous, on PC at 1080/60 maxed. I'm also liking the personalities of the key friendly characters.

I am finding the story a lot more interesting than any prior COD games. I like how some of the weapons are very futuristic too, its not just the same weapon types in all military games.

Also, it sounds like robot guy has the same voice as the movie interstellar AI.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
The VR experience is cool, quick spaceship combat mini game, to me it's pretty much a level in Eve Valkyrie.

Nice. Just started the download at work from my phone.

Have they said if this will have Pro enhancements? I would think since all the rest of CoD does..

How's the fidelity on OG PS4?

TheFatMan

Just played an hour and a half of multiplayer and so far I like the game. It feels fast and fun, and I like the gun selections and mission team objectives give me something to play for and forces me to use guns I normally wouldn't.

The maps all seem pretty small still. Genesis (I think its called) is maybe the smallest damn map i have ever seen in a CoD. It's frantic as shit.

Not touching the campaign until I get my Pro next week but so far I'm happy with my purchase.

Toa TAK

Banned
That was the weakest campaign in a call of duty game (aside from Ghosts, which I don't count) for a long time. It just made no sense and had no emotional punch. I couldn't care less about any of those characters, they were all completely generic. It was a bizarre experience coming off of the engaging campaigns in BO 1/2. The worst part is that it had a really fascinating layer buried so far under the avalanche of meaningless bullshit that nobody would ever experience it as part of the actual story while they were playing it.

Yeah, it's incredible how much up its own ass that campaign was. None of the characters were likable whatsoever and the actual gameplay throughout was a slog, which is the biggest crime in a COD campaign, I feel. I shouldn't feel bored playing through what's supposed to be a first person cinematic adventure. :\ Ghosts was crap, but somehow Treyarch managed to put out a single player that, again, somehow, elevated Ghosts. Bleh.

Hopefully Infinite Warfare can get COD campaigns back on track, as someone who buys for them. I liked AW's, despite not caring for the multiplayer. We shall see.

So far, I'm really enjoying it. It feels like a more floaty BO3 and the momentum you can get almost reminds me of stuff like Quake 3, it's not for everyone and I feel like a lot of people who didn't like AW probably won't like this. It's incredibly fast moving and that seems to be something that gets mixed feelings in these shooters.

How easy is zombies mode as someone who has never played this mode in any COD before? Easy as in easy to understand, and not too punishing difficulty wise also.

Top Bottom