• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Kalentan

So uh... It isn't that big of a deal, more random than anything. So I had 2015 Salvage and then I got a common supply drop that gave me a duplicate... Yet rather than get +5... It actually gave me -5. I now have 2010 Salvage. Never has that happened before. Although I think I have had instances of just gaining no salvage.

Edit: Oh, guess I got it back. XD

Kalentan

Anyone ever feel like... and this isn't new to Infinite Warfare. Hell, goes back to MW1.

Anyone else ever feel like your the unlucky one? Like, your the one that turns just as enemies turn the corner and shoot you in the back? Your the one who waits in a spot for a player you spotted to come running out of a building, only for them to finally come out after you turned and they killed you?

I feel like that's me. Even in the matches where I have 10+ more kills then death... I feel like I'm always in the worst position.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Anyone ever feel like... and this isn't new to Infinite Warfare. Hell, goes back to MW1.

Anyone else ever feel like your the unlucky one? Like, your the one that turns just as enemies turn the corner and shoot you in the back? Your the one who waits in a spot for a player you spotted to come running out of a building, only for them to finally come out after you turned and they killed you?

I feel like that's me. Even in the matches where I have 10+ more kills then death... I feel like I'm always in the worst position.

I get games like those occasionally. It felt especially prevalent when I played the new DLC maps, Neon in particular. Just constant exposure.

Kalentan

I get games like those occasionally. It felt especially prevalent when I played the new DLC maps, Neon in particular. Just constant exposure.

Yeah. Can't wait to see how the maps play in Tactical. Maybe will lessen the issue. Plus I really hate going up against Synaptic with Propulsion. Such bullshit.

kuYuri

They only have Sabotage Moshpit as the only DLC playlist? Meh. :/

EDIT: Oh nice, they just added Sabotage TDM at least.

Hoodbury

An example I get like this is when playing domination and there will be like 3 of us capping a flag and an enemy comes and I'm the one they kill and my teammates end up killing them and capping the flag. It's like, why is it always me that gets targeted first? heh

Kalentan

An example I get like this is when playing domination and there will be like 3 of us capping a flag and an enemy comes and I'm the one they kill and my teammates end up killing them and capping the flag. It's like, why is it always me that gets targeted first? heh

Yup exactly! There could be like 5 people and YOU (I), will always be the one killed. xD

Kalentan

Sorry to double post but I just got 40+ keys from Zombies by getting to round 28. Damn. Hope they do more double key weekends!

Opened my first rare in a while and actually got 100 salvage.

Creaking

Success

l9hIYMU.jpg

I think this is the first big Easter Egg I've actually managed to complete.

Is anyone having issues with downloading patch 1.08?

The patch downloads about a quarter of the way through and then stops with the message;

The connection to the server has been lost. There might have been a problem in connecting ot the network, or Playstation Network or the server of the service provider might be temporarily busy. NW-31194-8.

It's annoying as it downloads a good deal and then I get that message.

shanafan

Thank god I double dip on COD every year between PC and whatever the exclusive content console version is.

The PC community is very small. Usually, I can always find a TDM in every COD game on PC. I am fine with TDM. But the past two nights, I can not get a group of 8. I have waited, and waited. Nothing. Now, I can't even connect to the game! lol.

PS4 it is.

Kalentan

I swear the moment you select the mission: "Get 1 Scorestreak", the game will put into a match with the most try-hard people and you will spawn and die. Yet the moment I do a challenge unreleated to scorestreaks, I will get them in mass.

Creaking

Grats. I'm still trying to solo ZiS. Choked on the alien.

Rave is definitely easier. Being able to double-pack without having to beat the Easter Egg first, plus some of the mini perks you get with the memory charms, plus the beautifully powerful and easy to obtain upgraded crossbows, plus the mostly easy challenges you can do for stuff like Rewind etc. that replenish and can be grabbed freely every round, plus the Rave Vision that lets you effectively get double money (or quad money combined with an actual DM powerup) and slightly increased damage for as long as you can keep finding fairies and (past round ten) evade the slasher, plus the wallbuy Reaver (if you have the Machete, it lets you melee kill in one hit for maximum points for just about as long as the other melee weapons do, not to mention what happens when you add on Slappy Taffy) are all a great boon to survivability.

Now I just need a map with a wallbuy EMC so the success of my games aren't dictated so much by RNG.

Kalentan

Managed to only get to get 183 Keys this weekend. Very hard for me to grind. It's not because the game is tiring, but I think it's hard for me to just sit and play one game all weekend. Though I did play a few very long zombie matches.

Najaf

Well they sure diluted the loot. A buddy of mine and I saved all our keys and free crates for a few months and used them all super bowl Sunday. In total, we spent just under 3000 keys on rare crates and redeemed another 35 free common drops.

Between the two of us, we got 1 epic weapon. We received 8 legendary variants, all duplicates. All of the remaining epic and rare items were camos, calling cards, emblems and outfits. We received 11 epics of these.

All we want are the guns. Just like with blops3... At least you can craft most of these, but only a few epics unless you plan on spending 1000+ hours getting salvage.

Same bullshit as blops3 in my book. Polishing a piece of shit mechanic still leaves a piece of shit.

EDIT. It's worth noting that I rolled 3 epics weapons before this when the loot pool was smaller, using less total rolls by a long shot.

Creaking

Just got my first Epic weapon (period) since the key exploit nearly two months ago. Thankfully, it wasn't a duplicate.

Hoodbury

I bought the season pass the day before it was available and with my 10 free rare loot crates you get with it I got 3 epic guns(1 was a duplicate). RNG something something.

Creaking

Well, finally got to the alien boss on Spaceland. The guide I was using failed to mention that once you start the simon-says portion, you can't leave the main stretch or go to the pack-a-punch room. I was trying to get to the boss as efficiently as possible, so I was only on round 13 and I hadn't packed anything yet. It was so futile. It really bites because I took so much care in getting that far so early on, so the run was like 2 hours. I thought tonight would be the night to finally beat this thing.

Stupid wheel wouldn't give me the EMC even after like 20 spins. Got presented with the PoS (in zombies) RAW 5 times.

Creaking

So I unlocked the Type-2 Counterfeit MKII weapon with 15% extra XP per kill.

Why use any other gun at that point?

15% isn't that much, and it's only for kills. Plus all these MKII weapons mean jack all for anyone who has hit Prestige 10. Plus you might want a different camo some day. That's to say nothing of just wanting to use different guns, though the Type-2 is one of the most versatile weapons to be sure.

shanafan

15% isn't that much, and it's only for kills. Plus all these MKII weapons mean jack all for anyone who has hit Prestige 10. Plus you might want a different camo some day. That's to say nothing of just wanting to use different guns, though the Type-2 is one of the most versatile weapons to be sure.

That's a good point.I mostly go between SMG and AR, so I think it may be my default AR for a long time. It does feel super nice too.

Just beat the game the other day, was pleasantly surprised for the campaign being good but the multi and zombies being garbage.
Concerning zombies, Spaceland is such a boring map and the characters they created for it are annoying as hell. I've only played solo so far but considering none of my friends have the game, I don't think I'll be playing it in co-op anytime soon.
Concerning MP, it feels like a watered down BO3, really was confused why they took so much from it.
Is it worth it to keep playing MP or zombies, or should I just go ahead and skip on to MWR?

kuYuri

I'm surprised that the datamined classic weapons never got added to the game thus far. I wonder if they are just planning to introduce it much later than I expected, or if the weapons are leftover code from previous games, which is what I'm starting to wonder.

Creaking

Got to the alien boss for the second time. This time around I had my favorite weapon (Packed EMC with X-Quisite), but I kept fudging up the melee part (I didn't realize you needed to melee a specific portion of the alien). Then I let myself get cornered without a rewind, and I died.

I hate how confined and cluttered the boss area is (RitR's boss arena allows for much freer movement), and how randomly the alien behaves. But I'm getting further and further. I think I'll be able to beat the boss on my next go. Dunno about the space-ship though. I guess it would behoove me to watch a bit of footage to understand it better.

Kalentan

The weapons and stuff we got this update was a little lackluster... I wonder though if I should just go ahead and spend my keys and such. I still want the KBAR Epic and I'm only 1,108 Salvage away from it. I got 345 Keys and 7 Common Supply Drops in wait. Should I hold off or should I just go ahead and spend the keys?

And if I do spend the keys... should I go for 34 common supply drops or 11 Rare Supply Drops?

Creaking

Lame update. Hopefully it laid the groundwork for something more substantial, like Blood Anvil or something.

Speaking of lame, I still think the Kbar Epic is boring, but if that's one of your go-to guns, then by all means. I'd go for 11 rares over commons. I've still yet to get a single epic item from commons, and the salvage bonus makes Rares worth the extra keyage.

Hoodbury

Ugh, why do updates take so long to download for me? I have a wired connection with 30 down but it just crawls. Was the update just some new weapons?

kuYuri

The weapons and stuff we got this update was a little lackluster... I wonder though if I should just go ahead and spend my keys and such. I still want the KBAR Epic and I'm only 1,108 Salvage away from it. I got 345 Keys and 7 Common Supply Drops in wait. Should I hold off or should I just go ahead and spend the keys?

And if I do spend the keys... should I go for 34 common supply drops or 11 Rare Supply Drops?

Always go for rares. Commons are crap and I've gotten quite a few as part of my login bonus.

Kalentan

I feel like I just got fucked. Opened up 11 Rares. Guess what the highest Salvage Bonus was?

Twenty-FUCKING-Eight.

Are you shitting me!?

I'm convinced the minimum needs to be either 50 or 100. The fact that I got 10, 3 times in a row is insane!

Edit: And if to make matters worse, apparently it seems like you will be able to 'bribe' to get a guarenteed Epic. FML.

Creaking

I feel like I just got fucked. Opened up 11 Rares. Guess what the highest Salvage Bonus was?

Twenty-FUCKING-Eight.

Are you shitting me!?

I'm convinced the minimum needs to be either 50 or 100. The fact that I got 10, 3 times in a row is insane!

Edit: And if to make matters worse, apparently it seems like you will be able to 'bribe' to get a guarenteed Epic. FML.

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it doesn't always go well. I don't suppose you got much in the drops?

Semi-related. What do you guys think, new variants or brand new weapons?

Kalentan

Sorry to hear that. Yeah, it doesn't always go well. I don't suppose you got much in the drops?

Semi-related. What do you guys think, new variants or brand new weapons?

Nope. The drops were ass. Mostly rares and commons and the legendaries I did get, were all either Rig outfits or those little keychain things you put on the guns.

For sure it's a Type-2 and FHR variants.

Creaking

But the Type-2 and FHR both have magazines on top of the guns, and none of the other variants have changed the weapon reload animations. The Type 2's magazine is on top of the stock, and the first gun in the picture has no stock. The second gun has a bottom-loading magazine.

I'm thinking the first is a new energy assault rifle, and the second is a new burst SMG, like the Pharo.

If they were going to design and release a new Assault rifle into the game then surely they would make it look completely different to what is quite clearly a Type 2 variant?

Creaking

So the second weapon is a new gun, called the Maverick (but it's not the Ghosts Maverick... for some reason).

No official news yet. This is from a 2-week old video from a French youtuber who was invited to play the DLC early.

It looks like either an SMG or a Handgun. Given that it only has 14 bullets in the mag and 140 in stock, I'm going to guess it's the latter. The youtuber was a big doofus and didn't actually play with it before swapping it out for something else.

Interestingly, the stock isn't folded out here.

ILoveBish

There was a game mode where you capped domination points, then when you cap another your teammates came back. I cannot find the mode anymore, what was it called and what happened to it?

Literally the funnest time I've had playing cod was in that mode then it went away.

kuYuri

There was a game mode where you capped domination points, then when you cap another your teammates came back. I cannot find the mode anymore, what was it called and what happened to it?

Literally the funnest time I've had playing cod was in that mode then it went away.

It's called Reinforce and the playlist was only there for certain weekends in December and January.

The devs cycle in new playlists every other weekend or so.

Top Bottom