• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare |OT| Space Ghosts

Kalentan

Is this the best Season Pass to launch with a Call of Duty game? Loving the instant access to the new guns.

Thus far it seems like the best. Arguably had one of the strongest starts with DLC1 and the added bonuses of the instant weapon access just sweetens the deals.

Loving the new AR, though I agree with others that the SMG needs a buff. As Prestige is Key said in his video, it's too inconsistant and after using it more, then yeah... It feels random how many shots it needs to kill.

kuYuri

Is this the best Season Pass to launch with a Call of Duty game? Loving the instant access to the new guns.

Black Ops 2 added one new weapon with Season pass (technically with DLC1). Ghosts added three new weapons with season pass (technically with DLC1 and DLC2). Ghosts allowed you eventually to buy the weapon separately for like $3 or something like that, I don't think BO2 allowed you to buy its DLC weapon separately.

IW is the first time that you can earn the weapons via challenges rather than only paying money.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
Dannnng it, they patched the zombies key-grinding glitch. That was the only thing that made all these duplicates bearable.

Crossing my fingers for another glitch to be found soon. I'll cut myself before I try grinding this crap out the long way.

Kalentan

So a new version of the Model 1887 was found called Model 2187 through datamining.

While the name is obviously a reference to the original gun, I wonder if it confirms a minimum year date of how far IW takes place in the future.

MrBlonde

I just hit 4000 salvage and not sure what to spend it on. I am strictly an assault rifle and smg player. Any suggestions? Is the NV4 Flatline still the gun of choice for many? I thought I read the silencer does not hurt the range on the Flatline, is this true?

I bought the Chaos last time I hit 4000 salvage and I actually don't like it and seem to do better with the other NV4 variants for some reason. Only other gun I spent salvage on was the Ripper and it has way to much recoil so I am trying to be smart this time because I have wasted 8000 salvage on guns I don't like!

Type 2 is my favorite gun in the game and mostly use the rare variant with extra ammo. I do like the new assault rifle but unfortunately I cant buy any variants of that with salvage. I don't have the KBar Epic but not sure it would benefit me since I seem to mostly aim for the body.

Any suggestions? Thanks

illamap

I just hit 4000 salvage and not sure what to spend it on. I am strictly an assault rifle and smg player. Any suggestions? Is the NV4 Flatline still the gun of choice for many? I thought I read the silencer does not hurt the range on the Flatline, is this true?

I bought the Chaos last time I hit 4000 salvage and I actually don't like it and seem to do better with the other NV4 variants for some reason. Only other gun I spent salvage on was the Ripper and it has way to much recoil so I am trying to be smart this time because I have wasted 8000 salvage on guns I don't like!

Type 2 is my favorite gun in the game and mostly use the rare variant with extra ammo. I do like the new assault rifle but unfortunately I cant buy any variants of that with salvage. I don't have the KBar Epic but not sure it would benefit me since I seem to mostly aim for the body.

Any suggestions? Thanks

I like the for kbar invective for short to medium distance gunfights because of its high-rate of fire. If you are long distance shooter flatline or r3kt is better. Extra hollowpoint is handy on close range fights even though i hardly ever aim specifically for head.

But choice is yours. Then again one might wait how x-eon pans out in the long run

kuYuri

Any suggestions? Thanks

For SMGs, try Erad - Cyclopean. For ARs, R3KT is super solid. Volk-Goliath if you don't mind semi-auto fire rate or for a change of pace.

Otherwise, save your salvage for new variants.

I just finished ME:A yesterday, and I wanted something in the same vein. I had heard Infinite Warfare's campaign was somewhat like that, so I jumped into it. Holy shit, the campaign is so much fun. There's tons of gadgets and the space firefights are a blast.

I had originally bought the game when it released just for MP, but that got stale on me in light of Titanfall 2. I think this may bring me back into playing it more, though.

MrBlonde

I like the for kbar invective for short to medium distance gunfights because of its high-rate of fire. If you are long distance shooter flatline or r3kt is better. Extra hollowpoint is handy on close range fights even though i hardly ever aim specifically for head.

But choice is yours. Then again one might wait how x-eon pans out in the long run

For SMGs, try Erad - Cyclopean. For ARs, R3KT is super solid. Volk-Goliath if you don't mind semi-auto fire rate or for a change of pace.

Otherwise, save your salvage for new variants.

Funny you say that the 2 I want are the Cyclopean and the R3KT however those are two of the few guns I don't have many variants unlocked for so I don't have enough salvage! I do have the other Epic variant for the ERad but that is nothing special because I don't like the shotgun.

I hate semi auto guns so the Volk is out and not sure the other Epic is worth it, I use the Greed variant and its pretty solid.

I guess its between the Flatline or the KBar or I might wait and see if any new variants come that can be unlocked with salvage.

I completed the Combat Efficiency Master challenge and got my fancy animated Makarov calling card.

Also, is there a reason I can't get the Special Forces voice pack to work? Downloaded it, the game says I downloaded it, but in the menu where you switch it tells me to purchase it.

Edit: Also, after slumming it with akimbo EMCs for the auto-sear challenge. Using the Akimbo mode on the Type 2 feels insanely broken lol.

kuYuri

I completed the Combat Efficiency Master challenge and got my fancy animated Makarov calling card.

Also, is there a reason I can't get the Special Forces voice pack to work? Downloaded it, the game says I downloaded it, but in the menu where you switch it tells me to purchase it.

Edit: Also, after slumming it with akimbo EMCs for the auto-sear challenge. Using the Akimbo mode on the Type 2 feels insanely broken lol.

Did you ever get it to work? When DLC gives me issues like that, restarting the console usually fixes it.

Got an epic taunt for FTL where he kills the other three guys (4-5-6) during the victory screen. That's awesome.

Did you ever get it to work? When DLC gives me issues like that, restarting the console usually fixes it.

Nope, not sure what's up with that. It's been a few days, had the console off and everything. Not bothered by it because I usually don't play with sound. Just curious.

kuYuri

Some DLC2 stuff trickling out a bit early.

0lbkP6p.jpg

P8V7rFc.jpg

Creaking

Scrapyard remake was also already done in Ghosts, so it was a matter of time before Rust would be done.

Well they've remade Dome like 4 or 5 times, so I figured any map was fair game. But Rust... with advanced movement... and awful snipers... it just doesn't make sense.

Here's a picture someone snagged:

zz6jv3oamkpy.jpg

kuYuri

Yeah, I guess if you count maps like Strikezone and Genesis as remakes. Otherwise, it's technically Unearthed as the remake. While I love Dome, Strikezone, and Unearthed, I'm not a fan of Genesis at all.

As for Excess, if they remake it right, it can be good. I thought Showtime in Ghosts was a brilliant remake of Shipment and I hated Shipment. By making the map slightly bigger and opening new routes, while also adding that slot machine mechanic to the map to mix things up, they completely transformed Shipment while retaining its relatively small size and chaotic nature.

There's another crazy key bundle today.

15 rare boxes, and epic box, an epic Mk2 weapon, and an epic camo for 525 keys. Available for a week.

I knew I should've just started saving keys after the last one.

kuYuri

Just keep in mind that the epic MKII box will guarantee a weapon, but the regular epic box can be any epic item in the game (cosmetic, etc).

Creaking

I think I'd vomit if the Epic from the box turned out to be a calling card.

I don't think I'll be hitting this bundle. Only got 50 keys. Haven't had much drive to play since they patched out the key grinding glitches. Loads of disappointment from opening stuff even at that fast rate. I don't think I could bear getting let down after spending literal days grinding the normal way.

I was trying to put together a full Epic Variants gallery too. Now the key and salvage gain is just too slow.

kuYuri

They should really introduce daily and weekly challenges to earn extra keys like how Black Ops 3 added it eventually.

kuYuri

Hey, look at that. Just as I asked for it just the other day, they added contracts to IW!

Also a bunch of other stuff added in today's patch.

Finally, new weapon leaks show the previously leaked Mini-LMG, Barrett .50 Cal, Model 1887 equivalent, and a what looks like WWII Type-100 SMG looking weapon.

Kalentan

Hey, look at that. Just as I asked for it just the other day, they added contracts to IW!

Also a bunch of other stuff added in today's patch.

Finally, new weapon leaks show the previously leaked Mini-LMG, Barrett .50 Cal, Model 1887 equivalent, and a what looks like WWII Type-100 SMG looking weapon.

125 kills for an epic weapon? Like woah. That's simple as fuck to get.

Creaking

Nice nice nice.

I think I'm gonna hold onto the hack until at least the next set of new guns gets added, if not the next set of epic variants for the base weapons (whenever that will be).

After much outcry they've done some good work in regards to DLC weapons and adding more real reasons to play. PC playerbase seems more active than usual as a result.

Kalentan

Got the EBR-800 - Osiris...

On one hand I wanted an AR or SMG Epic but on the other hand I actually really liked the EBR and so to have an Epic is nice.

Creaking

Got the EBR-800 - Osiris...

On one hand I wanted an AR or SMG Epic but on the other hand I actually really liked the EBR and so to have an Epic is nice.

The Osiris is pretty nice since the buff. You might actually be able to snipe without the glow giving your position away. And the iron sight on the AR Mode is much cleaner than the regular version.

Kalentan

The Osiris is pretty nice since the buff. You might actually be able to snipe without the glow giving your position away. And the iron sight on the AR Mode is much cleaner than the regular version.

I tried a match of it with the Scout scope. Really nice. Sucks my team got dominated by a bunch of mega try-hards.

Also is it debated which is the best Epics in the game? Cause I feel like the Maulers epics are hands down the best. Any time I see those in a match, those players dominate more often than not.

shanafan

After much outcry they've done some good work in regards to DLC weapons and adding more real reasons to play. PC playerbase seems more active than usual as a result.

That's good to hear. I play on both PC and PS4, and I wish the PC had that large playerbase, especially for DLC content. But, as long as I can get into a TDM, I am pretty fine without playing the DLC on PC. 91 FPS is well worth it ;)

Kalentan

I do think there are legit hackers in this game. Cause come on, there are people who react with inhuman perception. I use Ghost, Dead Silence, and Blind Eye and then I watch the kill cam and the person was reacting before they could even see me and killing me.

There's no showing of them using the Personal Radar or Digital Footprints, nothing. They just know where you're no matter what.

PSYGN

I do think there are legit hackers in this game. Cause come on, there are people who react with inhuman perception. I use Ghost, Dead Silence, and Blind Eye and then I watch the kill cam and the person was reacting before they could even see me and killing me.

There's no showing of them using the Personal Radar or Digital Footprints, nothing. They just know where you're no matter what.

Doubt it if you're playing on console. A lot of times I see a shadow or just have a hunch that someone is there.

I don't like using sniper rifles, so naturally the first epic weapon I ever got was the DMR1 Spectacle, which is fine, it's a fun gun to use.

Used my hack and got the EBR Osiris. Come on game.

Creaking

Well, they're less sniper-like than the others. You can treat the DMR like a semi-sluggish semi-auto assault rifle (but one that kills on head shots), and the EBR can be used purely in AR mode if you want. The Osiris iron sights are really good for that.

Hoodbury

I got 5 double XP 'coins' in a supply package tonight. Not sure how to use them though. They show up at the top of the screen next to your CP points. Maybe they get used automatically but since it's already double XP weekend they aren't being used?

Creaking

I got 5 double XP 'coins' in a supply package tonight. Not sure how to use them though. They show up at the top of the screen next to your CP points. Maybe they get used automatically but since it's already double XP weekend they aren't being used?

The option to use a double XP token is available in the after-match results screen. Should be a button prompt there somewhere. It lets you double whatever score you had, rather than doubling whatever score you're about to get so you can be choosy about when to use it. And it stacks with the double XP weekend for quad XP.

Kalentan

IIRC you choose to apply them after a match. You can hold onto them.

kuYuri

Anyone excited for DLC 2 or is everyone getting tapped out of the game?

I'm genuinely curious to see how much Excess changes up Rust the way Showtime did for Shipment.

I'd like to see some more experimentation with future DLC packs. MW3 added interesting content with Face Off, which consisted of maps designed entirely for 1v1 up to 3v3. I also liked how Ghosts maps had things like map events and interesting streak rewards like Michael Myers and the Predator. I'm just afraid we won't see that from Infinity Ward because they decided to go too far in the Black Ops direction of map design and overall balancing with IW.

Top Bottom