• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

jgminto

Stallion Free said:
So according to a leaked achievements list, there are 48 stars in spec-ops mission would which means there are only 16 missions. That's kind of disappointing after there were 23 in MW2. Maybe this time they will actually release expansions for it though.
Hopefully. But can we assume that all of the multiplayer DLC will work on Survival?

How I really really wish they would have the player hold a single pistol with both hands.

This little detail just bugs me as an avid gun owner and enthusiast.

gibon3z said:
How I really really wish they would have the player hold a single pistol with both hands.

It's funny, I never really thought about that. Who shoots a pistol with one hand?

legacyzero

Banned
gibon3z said:

I'm glad i'm not the only one that feels this way. Holding the Five-Seven that way is urking the fuck out of me.

zam

jgminto said:
Hopefully. But can we assume that all of the multiplayer DLC will work on Survival?
At the CoD XP keynote/opening they mentioned that there will be Spec Ops DLC, if it's mission mode or survival dlc is anyone's guess though

jgminto

zam said:
At the CoD XP keynote/opening they mentioned that there will be Spec Ops DLC, if it's mission mode or survival dlc is anyone's guess though
Well I'm mainly asking because Survival uses the multiplayer maps so I am guessing the map packs should work. And for those who have read about Elite apparently having one content release a month I am worried how they implied that playlists will be released Elite exclusive. If that's just a timed exclusive I'd be okay with that but I'm a bit worried.

Kujo

I'll move this here. Supposed achievement list:

Campaign levels

One Way Ticket - 10G
Make it to Westminster. Complete "Mind the Gap" on any difficulty.

Welcome to WW3 - 10G
Save the US Vice President. Complete "Goalpost" on any difficulty.

Sandstorm! - 10G
Assault the shipping company. Complete "Return to Sender" on any difficulty.

Back Seat Driver - 10G
Track down Volk. Complete "Bag and Drag" on any difficulty.

We'll Always Have Paris - 10G
Escape Paris with Volk. Complete "Iron Lady" on any difficulty.

Vive la Révolution! - 10G
Reach the Church. Complete "Eye of the Storm" on any difficulty.

Requiem - 10G
Escape the city. Complete "Blood Brothers" on any difficulty.

Storm the Castle - 10G
Discover Makarov's next move. Complete "Stronghold" on any difficulty.

Bad First Date - 10G
Find the girl. Complete "Scorched Earth" on any difficulty.

Diamond in the Rough - 10G
Rescue the Russian President. Complete "Down the Rabbit Hole" on any difficulty.

Too Big to Fail - 10G
Destroy the Jamming Tower. Complete "Black Tuesday" on any difficulty.

Wet Work - 10G
Take back New York Harbor. Complete "Hunter Killer" on any difficulty.

Carpe Diem - 10G
Protect Soap from Makarov's men. Complete "Persona Non Grata" on any difficulty.

Frequent Flyer - 10G
Defend the Russian President. Complete "Turbulence" on any difficulty.

Up to No Good - 10G
Infiltrate the village. Complete "Back on the Grid" on any difficulty.

Campaign difficulty / specific tasks

The Big Apple - 25G
Complete "Black Tuesday" and "Hunter Killer" on Veteran difficulty.

Out of the Frying Pan... - 25G
Complete "Persona Non Grata", "Turbulence" and "Back on the Grid" on Veteran difficulty.

European Vacation - 25G
Complete "Mind the Gap, "Goalpost" and "Return to Sender" on Veteran difficulty.

City of Lights - 25G
Complete "Bag and Drag" and "Iron Lady" on Veteran difficulty.

The Darkest Hour - 25G
Complete "Eye of the Storm", "Blood Brothers" and "Stronghold" on Veteran difficulty.

This is the End - 25G
Complete "Scorched Earth", "Down the Rabbit Hole" and "Dust to Dust" on Veteran difficulty.

Who Dares Wins - 40G
Complete the campaign on Recruit or Regular difficulty.

The Best of the Best - 100G
Complete the campaign on Hardened or Veteran difficulty.

For Whom the Shell Tolls - 20G
Destroy all targets during the mortar sequence with only 4 shells in "Back on the Grid".

Kill Box - 20G
Kill 25 enemies with the Chopper Gunner in a single run in "Return to Sender".

Danger Close - 20G
Take down a chopper with an AC-130 smoke grenade in "Bag and Drag".

Ménage á Trois - 20G
Destroy 3 tanks with a single 105mm shot in "Iron Lady".

Jára Cimrman - 20G
Kill an enemy in the store without getting spotted in "Eye of the Storm".

Nein - 20G
Kill 9 enemies with A-10 strafing runs in "Scorched Earth".

Back in the Fight - 5G
Start the Single Player Campaign on any Difficulty.

Strike! - 20G
Kill 5 enemies with a single grenade.

Jack the Ripper - 20G
Melee 5 enemies in a row.

Scout Leader - 35G
Collect 45 Intel Items.

This Is My Boomstick - 20G
Kill 30 enemies with the XM25 in "Black Tuesday".

What Goes Up... - 20G
Destroy all the choppers with only the UGV's grenade launcher in "Persona Non Grata".

Spec Ops

50/50 - 20G
Complete a Special Ops Mission with the same number of kills as your partner.

Birdie - 20G
Kill 2 enemy helicopters without getting hit.

Serrated Edge - 15G
Finish a Juggernaut with a knife.

Arms Dealer - 20G
Buy all items from the Survival Weapon Armory.

Danger Zone - 20G
Buy all items from the Survival Air Support Armory.

Defense Spending - 20G
Buy all items from the Survival Equipment Armory.

Get Rich or Die Trying - 25G
Have 50,000 current balance in a Special Ops Survival game.

I Live - 10G
Survive 1 wave in a Special Ops Survival game.

Survivor - 20G
Survive 10 waves in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.

Unstoppable - 40G
Survive 15 waves in each mission of Special Ops Survival mode.

No Assistance Required - 20G
Complete a Special Ops Mission on Hardened or Veteran with no player getting downed.

Brag Rags - 10G
Earn 1 star in Special Ops Mission Mode.

Tactician - 20G
Earn 1 star in each mission of Special Ops Mission Mode.

Overachiever - 40G
Earn 48 stars in Special Ops Mission Mode.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Enosh said:
new MP trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uUIy9snIk-E

I think someone said friday that they will release a new one by the end of the week since the previous one was awfull, good prediction ^^
I think this was the second one they showed at the XP keynote. Much, much better than that first piece of grey, slow-motion crap. Some of those maps look really great — one looks like it's in a mall or something. Maybe that will be the spiritual successor to my favorite from MW2, Terminal.

Sethos

Banned
VaLiancY said:
My only complaint thus far are those terrible gun sounds from that trailer. That UMP sounds dreadful.

Really? I thought the weapon sounds I've heard so far are a big improvement over every other Call of Duty - Seems they have more oomph now. Not saying they are perfect but they are the best sounds yet, in my opinion.

VaLiancY

Sethos said:
Really? I thought the weapon sounds I've heard so far are a big improvement over every other Call of Duty - Seems they have more oomph now. Not saying they are perfect but they are the best sounds yet, in my opinion.

I felt Black Ops had the best weapon sounds. The grenades, the MP5k(Rest of the SMGs, not so much) and assault rifles. CoD4 wasn't bad at all but MW2 is where I felt the gun sounds went too Hollywood.

Tambini

That trailer looks good.

I really want to enjoy black ops on PC but somthing is just off about it. All the nuketown 24/7 servers taking up all the space doesn't help.

VaLiancY said:
I felt Black Ops had the best weapon sounds. The grenades, the MP5k(Rest of the SMGs, not so much) and assault rifles. CoD4 wasn't bad at all but MW2 is where I felt the gun sounds went too Hollywood.

BO may have done some things well but sound effects were not one of them. They were absolutely abysmal.

Sushen

VaLiancY said:
My only complaint thus far are those terrible gun sounds from that trailer. That UMP sounds dreadful.
I don't know. I thought BO gun sounded horrible, I mean, almost all of them. They may sound real, but no where near cool like many guns in MW2. MW3 guns sound like MW2 guns from COD XP videos to me.

Nabs

Tambini said:
That trailer looks good.

I really want to enjoy black ops on PC but somthing is just off about it. All the nuketown 24/7 servers taking up all the space doesn't help.
Just favorite a couple of good servers and you're set.

Sushen

Aomori said:
The jungle-looking level in MW3 leaves a bad taste in my mouth after the Black Ops jungle level.
Really? I don't like big maps with long line of sights, but I like Jungle which leaves enough room for run and gunners. On the other hand, Crisis and Cracked are campers' heaven; the whole gameplay is very static most of times.

LQX

rvy said:
The game looks like Black OPs with MW 2's HUD. The new weapons, killstreaks and gun sounds... uh.
Yep, the more MP videos I see the more Black OP's shows. There is difference between the MW2 and BO engine and MW3 is obviously running on the BO engine. For me this terrible as I do not like BO, it just feels and looks off.

rvy

Banned
LQX said:
Yep, the more MP videos I see the more Black OP's shows. There is difference between the MW2 and BO engine and MW3 is obviously running on the BO engine. For me this terrible as I do not like BO, it just feels and looks off.
I'm not sure that's the case, as it would make no sense for IW to use an inferior version of their own modified engine, but something is off.

itsgreen

spindoctor said:
New trailer is definitely better. Can someone tell me what that thing is that is used in the 3rd kill in the video?

A pause in the video half a second later says Scrambler... and it looks like a scrambler :)

Dreaver

To be honest, I think Modern Warfare 3 looks pretty terrible... It looks EXACTLY like Modern Warfare 2 but even more boring.

However, I will most likely end up buying it and playing the multiplayer a lot the first month. The same I did with the other CoD's. It is always fun when you already discovered the good combinations. After a month other people figure them out as well. :(

Also, hyped for campaign and Spec-Ops.

rezuth

Stallion Free said:
So according to a leaked achievements list, there are 48 stars in spec-ops mission would which means there are only 16 missions. That's kind of disappointing after there were 23 in MW2. Maybe this time they will actually release expansions for it though.
Well we get 16 survival missions also.

Foliorum Viridum said:
Less Spec Ops stuff is disappointing. I don't care about survival... I'm over Horde modes now.

That might be holding some back for DLC, like how BO only shipped with 2 zombie maps.

They have promised 20 DLC maps and with no Zombies I can't see them being all MP maps.

-

I'd prefer them mostly to be MP maps, to be honest. I don't want to get 3 maps in a pack and then Spec Ops stuff.

If it's still 5 maps and Spec Ops stuff, I'm okay with that.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Spinning Plates said:
That might be holding some back for DLC, like how BO only shipped with 2 zombie maps.

They have promised 20 DLC maps and with no Zombies I can't see them being all MP maps.

-

It'll probably be 20 MP maps with the option to play each one in Survival with no new actual Spec Ops missions.

djm

Dilly said:
How much of the real IW's influence is still in this game? Can't be that much surely?

I doubt much, if any at all. The IW debacle happened in early March of last year, with most of the important people after Vince Zampella and Jason West bailing soon afterwards. They couldn't have had much drawn up yet at such an early point.

Top Bottom