• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

legacyzero

Banned
The Xtortionist said:
I fucking love CoD. I also love Mario, and Demon's Souls, and Vanquish, and Gears, and Deus Ex, and Battlefield. If that makes me a dudebro then whatever.
ed5e52c68f06dcf20ce3efed2fbeae295e9dd216.jpg

LOL

As long as its not a train wreck like MW2, i'll be happy COD4 with new maps and a few new killstreaks, and it'll be the best game ever made.

kuYuri

We are now just about 11-12 hours away from CoD XP.

legacyzero said:
BTW, are we gonna have a dedicated Call of Dutry XP thread for tomorrow?

We could if you really want, but why not just continue to post everything here?

Stantron

Supposedly, this guy on twitter played a couple games, and tweeted some details.
http://twitter.com/#!/EmoOnEsports
-Just found out you can restrict whatever you want in game. From guns to killstreaks. Just wet my pants.
-Taking the flag takes a second again even when dropped by a team mate.
-Each gun has its own perk. Machine pistols are back. Shotguns are fucking annoying.
-New gamemode you have to pick up dog tags once you've killed them to get the kills. You can deny by getting ur team mates if he dies.
-Only 5 maps playable at the moment and all quite small. Waiting for the keynote to start now. Can't take pics, security aren't nice lol.
/salt

Xamdou

Need to know these info (Hopefully all will be know by tomorrow):

-Price of Hardened Edition.
-List of all the Perks.
-List of all the weapons.
-List of all gun attachments and customizations.
-Max # of players for 360/PS3 versions.

New list of stuff:

http://sfx-360.com/newsite/modern-warfare-3-confirmed-leaks-cod-xp/

1. All the maps so far have been small and full of cover however they all have good routes for Capture The Flag.
2. Dog tags game mode where you pick up dog tags off the players you kill, if you pickup dog tags from your team mates kills they won’t count.
3. Guns have there own perks.
4. Customizable reticles.
5. The flag pick up/return is a second.
6. M16 is 2 burst kill and is similar to the CoD4 M16.
7. Dead Silence is unlocked at Level 55.
8. You are able to restrict a lot in private matches. example: guns, killstreaks, perks etc…
9. A perk where you can walk faster whilst aiming in.
10. A perk which allows you to see an Enemy from far away.

Nelo Ice

Banned
bleh after playing black ops on pc due to the free weekend i want mw3 on pc yet all my friends are on 360... gonna eventually double dip but which to get first...

Trailer was very slow to me. I remember watching the first footage of MW2 multiplayer they released and that had me pretty hyped. I've never been a huge fan of the series though so maybe I've just had enough of it.

I was not planning on getting the game at all but that mp trailer looks really good.
Maybe just maybe I'm going to pick up the pc version but I'm not sure yet.

Animator said:
Is this posted yet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGyswpn6xzQ

Multiplayer trailer.

Looks like shit. Not even trolling. This is the exact same bullshit we've been seeing for years now. I know you people in these threads probably like this game, but I wanted to post my impressions on this ill forsaken franchise.

It's ugly, the graphics are still shit even for a trailer. Nothing in that video is impressive to say the least, just a bunch of guys sprinting and doing some stupid loadout scan and some footage we've seen for years. Oh and some deployable Trophy Anti-Missile system.

Gez said:
Cause of the HB Sensor and BF fanboys.

Maybe it's a shit trailer and a shit game?

EDIT: Beaten.

Ok, I'm outa here.

Raide

That trailer basically showed me all the things I dislike about COD. Someone sprints around the map, killing everyone, calling in all his Perks and then dying.

Yep. Looks like Call of Duty. Not really concerned with heartbeat sensor. More concerned that they tone down all the crazy shit in the air. I'm curious about "proficiency." Was hoping for more information reveal, but I'm probably overlooking some stuff. Where's Le Max?

Anyway, looks fun, but I'm not happy to hear about the five small maps. I like bigger maps that allow for all the different play types.

What I don't understand is why they chose to show the trailer of an FPS in the third person perspective. It seems to me like this trailer is meant to show off the various perks and weapons and attachments rather than show how the game actually plays.

zlatko

Banned
That trailer was a perfect representation of CoD:

Run around lone wolf like a chicken with his head cut off, while you get killed by campers. Tons of stupid shit going on around you as well.

That said I liked the trailer, and I want the MP deets themselves so I can see what they are doing under the hood here to possibly lure me in again. I'm not running out to pre order MW3, and my purchase will probably all boil down to how happy I am with BF3, to want to venture out and grab another FPS this year.

Digging the graphical improvements. Don't like to way that the trailer was edited together but there's some juicy info in there. The gun perks seem to be called proficiencies (sp?) Wonder what that's all about. The leaked perked and kill streak lists (the one without the death streaks) were both legit. Kill streaks stack which is why they've upped the number of kills required for the top tier kill streaks, ex: stealth bomber is now a 14 kill(or point) streak. All in all I get a cod 4 vibe from this trailer. Which is what we've been waiting for all along isn't it?

The Xtortionist said:
Not quite; UAV is part of the Assault package now instead of Support. Perks seem to be spot on though.

Maybe you can mix and match? It seems like a step back to restrict the user to have to pick only from one category.

johnFkennedy said:
Maybe you can mix and match? It seems like a step back to restrict the user to have to pick only from one category.

Well, your pointstreak does not reset upon death if you're using the Support package...that's pretty significant and would break the game if you could mix categories.

But each package has around 10 streaks you can pick from. I don't think it will feel restrictive.

The Xtortionist said:
Well, your pointstreak does not reset upon death if you're using the Support package...that's pretty significant and would break the game if you could mix categories.

But each package has around 10 streaks you can pick from. I don't think it will feel restrictive.

If it's for the sake of balance then I can't complain.

I really hope blast shield works like flak jacket did in BO. My favorite perk in that game.

johnFkennedy said:
If it's for the sake of balance then I can't complain.

I really hope blast shield works like flak jacket did in BO. My favorite perk in that game.

According to the leaked list that came out a few days ago, Blast Shield is exactly what Flak Jacket was. But the Pro variant does something different.

AnEternalEnigma said:
According to the leaked list that came out a few days ago, Blast Shield is exactly what Flak Jacket was. But the Pro variant does something different.

Blast Shield pro is immunity to stuns/flashes. It's the ultimate anti-bullshit perk.

Top Bottom