• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 Hype/News/Info Thread (PC Dedicated Servers)

I haven't bought one map pack either, which is why it would upset me if they didn't include as much content as possible onto the retail game. They set a precedent with 16 for MW2, can't be taking steps backwards. You're supposed to constantly be adding things (or keeping status quo if it makes sense) not taking some things away.

The Xtortionist said:
Both RDS too. So the CoD4 and MW2 versions. They're really servicing the fans at this point.
I'm sorry which gun is this? or is this red dot sight?

As to 32 players that'll be hectic unless there some big maps ala Fuel and Derail. Those were the only maps that were huge enough for that amount of people. Fuel especially. I'd love for them to make some more close quarter maps like vacant, that's where I find I shine.

Is there a list of confirmed weapons?

Deadbeat

Banned
Let us hope this time they dont give a smg a 3 hit kill at any distance with even the silencer like last time. UMP: God's bitter tears.

I already decided that I was going to buy every single DLC for MW3 no matter what, so the map count I couldn't give a fuck about. As long as they're diverse, balance, and most of all, GOOD, I really can't bring myself to give a fuck about the 13 number.

Let's just hope it's quality>>>>quantitity

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Deadbeat said:
Let us hope this time they dont give a smg a 3 hit kill at any distance with even the silencer like last time. UMP: God's bitter tears.

Id take the UMP over the AK74u any day. I still to this day cant believe that they actually ok'd it as it was.

nomis

See You Next Wednesday said:
The super slow rate of fire & fairly large recoil pattern made it balanced.

The slow rate of fire didn't deter from the UMP's lethality, it just helped you conserve ammunition. It did have quite a lot of recoil compared to some others, though.

legacyzero

Banned
Gr1mLock said:
Id take the UMP over the AK74u any day. I still to this day cant believe that they actually ok'd it as it was.

Seriously, Treyarch cant stop making that one mega OP weapon. See the MP40 with drum mag.

TacticalFox88 said:
I already decided that I was going to buy every single DLC for MW3 no matter what, so the map count I couldn't give a fuck about. As long as they're diverse, balance, and most of all, GOOD, I really can't bring myself to give a fuck about the 13 number.

Let's just hope it's quality>>>>quantitity
I wish they'd include some MW and MW2 maps in the box. Even if they weren't upgraded visually or anything.

I didn't mind buying COD4 maps in the DLC for MW2 because they were the best of the best, but I'd like them to carry over now I've bought them.

kuYuri

13 was also the number of CoD2 maps I believe.

NightHawk17 said:
I'm sorry which gun is this? or is this red dot sight?

As to 32 players that'll be hectic unless there some big maps ala Fuel and Derail. Those were the only maps that were huge enough for that amount of people. Fuel especially. I'd love for them to make some more close quarter maps like vacant, that's where I find I shine.

Is there a list of confirmed weapons?

Let's see:

Assault Rifles
M4A1
M16A4
FAMAS
AK-47
G36C
ACR
CM901
FAD

SMG:
MP5
MP5k
AK-74U
Vector (I think)
P90
UMP45

LMG:
RPD
M60E4
PK Pecheneg

Shotguns:
SPAS-12
AA12
USAS 12
Striker
Model 1887

Sniper:
Barrett 50.cal

Pistols:
Five-seveN
M1911

Machine Pistols:
G18
MP9
FMG9
Skorpion

Launcher:
RPG7
XM25
AT4

Riot Shield

There are also some of the rumored weapons that can be spotted in Kotaku leak like FAL, RSASS sniper, etc.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
-Pyromaniac- said:
I want quantity and quality. 16 has to be the minimum, like I said. Precedent has been set.
Yeah, I loved the sheer amount of variety in MW2 at launch, but good luck finding modern multiplayer games that actually maintain that kind of map selection or increase it.

LEGGZZZZ

TacticalFox88 said:
If that 32 players thing turns out to be true....holy shit, Ground War will be fucking EPIC. hahaha

I call bullshit, they are going to need some huge maps, plus the gameplay/maps have always been structured around 12 to 16 players, how are they going to balance 32?

Tamanon

Banned
LEGGZZZZ said:
I call bullshit, they are going to need some huge maps, plus the gameplay/maps have always been structured around 12 to 16 players, how are they going to balance 32?

They could just make certain maps only usable by 8-12 people like Rust was used in MW2.

Or just make bigger maps that you can section off a bit like in Wager Matches for BLOPS.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Tamanon said:
They could just make certain maps only usable by 8-12 people like Rust was used in MW2.

Or just make bigger maps that you can section off a bit like in Wager Matches for BLOPS.
32p would still be retarded in COD.

Stallion Free said:
Yeah, I loved the sheer amount of variety in MW2 at launch, but good luck finding modern multiplayer games that actually maintain that kind of map selection or increase it.
It will be disappointing if it ships with less than what was in MW2, even if it is only 2/3 less.

One of the best things about COD is playing every map and spending a long time learning it from top to bottom. You don't feel like you've seen every inch of every map after a week because, well, you haven't.

Plus like you said variety is always great. The higher the number of maps, the more likely it is that I'll have more to play on that I actually like.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Stallion Free said:
32p would still be retarded in COD.

I agree. Cod is the only franchise where ive avoided FFA like the plague. With that many people around ..i dont even wanna think about it.

Strider2K99 said:
13 was also the number of CoD2 maps I believe.

weapon list

There are also some of the rumored weapons that can be spotted in Kotaku leak like FAL, RSASS sniper, etc.
Thanks. Hopefully they bring back the FAL or G3. But that list is really looking good, hopefully most people won't be running around with the same guns.

Question, Does anyone really look at the stats when choosing a gun for their class? I just go by which feel best.

Stallion Free said:
COD4 was some awful shit with 32+ on those maps.

Surely you answered your own point there. On those maps. It depends if they open up the maps. No one knows so its a bit hard to call it out as being retarded this early.

Deadbeat

Banned
Stallion Free said:
COD4 was some awful shit with 32+ on those maps.
40 player Overgrown, Broadcast, Pipeline, Vacant, Crash, Crossfire, Downpour, Chinatown. Only true connoisseurs would appreciate such an experience.

64 player Shipment: The essence of Call of Duty.

Deadbeat said:
40 player Overgrown, Broadcast, Pipeline, Vacant, Crash, Crossfire, Downpour, Chinatown. Only true connoisseurs would appreciate such an experience.

64 player shipment. The essense of Call of Duty in one giant clusterfuck.
O.O

I want a screenshot of 64 dudes on that map. You wouldn't be able to move, haha.

Lots of people hated Shipment but I had a lot of fun on that map in COD4. Hectic as fuck, but great fun. I liked playing HQ on it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Apparently this is what the text on the screen in the video said: "A huge area for a great team work and for a nice game. Most compatible for Team Deathmatch and Bomb."

Ahahahahahahaha.

djm

Rumor: Modern Warfare 3 will host 32-player matches, new Bomb mode

gEv7L.jpg

Stallion Free said:
Apparently this is what the text on the screen in the video said: "A huge area for a great team work and for a nice game. Most compatible for Team Deathmatch and Bomb."

Ahahahahahahaha.
Jesus, such terrible grammar. I actually wanted it to be true. ;__; Dreams F-ing CRUSHED

Foliorum Viridum said:
I want a screenshot of 64 dudes on that map. You wouldn't be able to move, haha.

Lots of people hated Shipment but I had a lot of fun on that map in COD4. Hectic as fuck, but great fun. I liked playing HQ on it.
I love the tradition of putting the small maps in. Cod 4 was Shipment, MW2 was Rust. I say give us another I love how tactics have to change on those maps.

jgminto

Will they be revealing the special editions at XP? I hope they hurry up so I know whether I will preorder that or standard.

Black Ops had one of the best tiny maps. That lil bugger was some hectic ass shit. It started out hated then pretty much everyone liked it.

-Pyromaniac- said:
Black Ops had one of the best tiny maps. That lil bugger was some hectic ass shit. It started out hated then pretty much everyone liked it.
I still hate Nuketown to this very day. Such a clusterfuck of a Map.

-Pyromaniac- said:

Nuketown is a horribly designed map. It's spawnpoints are too predictable, there is literally no way to escape a chopper gunner when you spawn, there are no "out-of-the-way" routes for people who like to use some real flanking strategy, it is so small that there is constant CoD4 style nade spamming, and too much of the cover is penetrable. It's a shame that they didn't just use all of the area, because I'm sure the 4+ house version of nuketown would have been much more bearable.

Meanwhile, Firing Range, Stadium, and Summit are great small maps with areas for all different classes, easy hiding from chopper gunner, flanking routes, enough size to prevent grenade spamming, and a lot more REAL cover.

djm said:
They've said nothing about the guns, let alone the recoil or stats.

To be honest, the recoil in Black Ops was fine. There is no equivalent of the ACR, everything has at least some muzzle climb if you just let it rip at fully automatic. The only gun I can think of that doesn't is the Skorpion, but that's an SMG and hits like a pellet gun past 30 feet.

e: But if I had to take a guess, count on shooting models similar to MW2.
Famas, AUG, & Einfield; made worse by the fact that the Blops guns do more damage per bullet. Skorpion isn't as good as it was in CoD4 because it fires slower.

That sucks that shotguns are secondary again. Now I can't use a low ammo shotgun with a quick switch weapon like a pistol.

TacticalFox88 said:
I think Summit and Firing Range easily are up there with Crash and Bloc as some of the best COD maps.
Bloc? Fuck that map. Replace that with Crossfire or Backlot and I'd agree with your list.

kuYuri

Sounds like there might be a multiplayer trailer to coincide with CoD XP.

http://twitter.com/#!/GlenSchofield/status/108423767457398784
Saw a cut of the MP trailer today- freaking nice! Will be a big hit. Don't know when it's coming out tho. Soon I suppose.

TestOfTide said:
Bloc was great because even the center of he map had good cover for SMG and Shotgun users.

CoD4 has the best set of on disk maps ever, barring Wetwork. But it's ok to have one stinker out of 17 maps. Hell, most games don't even ship with 10 maps.

Top Bottom