• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3 |OT| Got 99 Problems, But Sales Ain't One.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Played against this mouth clan of jerkoffs today and after we beat them one of them was like "you won't be able to camp like that on Dome". To which I replied "oh yes I will. Dome is even easier to camp". Then I went 15-0 on Dome while camping my ass off and we won by 30 kills.

Whenever someone brings up camping I do it extra hard the next time just to teach them a lesson.

Played against this mouth clan of jerkoffs today and after we beat them one of them was like "you won't be able to camp like that on Dome". To which I replied "oh yes I will. Dome is even easier to camp". Then I went 15-0 on Dome while camping my ass off and we won by 30 kills.

Whenever someone brings up camping I do it extra hard the next time just to teach them a lesson.

Good thing they didn't have millimeter wave scanners.

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Being on the PS3 I haven't gotten to play the newest maps yet but out of the ones I already have the only 2 I like are Liberation and Oasis.

Compare that to BLOPS where out of 12 DLC maps there were only 2 I really did not like (Stadium and Hotel).

Being on the PS3 I haven't gotten to play the newest maps yet but out of the ones I already have the only 2 I like are Liberation and Oasis.

Compare that to BLOPS where out of 12 DLC maps there were only 2 I really did not like (Stadium and Hotel).

Stadium was aiiiiiiiiiight. Hotel was garbage, though. BLOPS maps are so good. Firing Range <3

I couldn't disagree more. I think this final map pack was the best MW3 map pack by far.

I love Decommission, Off Shore, Boardwalk, and Gulch. All are good maps IMO. Parish is just OK.
You're insane. Boardwalk is beyond garbage.
Decomission is simply ok. Off shore is a mess. Parish? I don't even remember that map off the top of my head. Shows how memorable it is.

cameltoe

Suddenly the game longer plays....it locks up the console before the first splash screen. I popped in another game (black ops) and it works fine. I tried deleting the install and system cache, it made it past the second screen then locked up again. I am reinstalling the game now to see if that makes a difference. Disk is scratch free. WTF?

It's no coincidence that the best map in this game (Village) is most similar to a Black Ops map in design. Great size, lines of sight, not too many corners and good spawns.

Black Ops 2 can't come soon enough.

Sethos

Banned
Small bump, I decided to fire up my PC version today that I barely touched but I remembered why. I have this weird 'stutter' issue for lack of better explanation. Game is running solid 60FPS ( Framerate limited ) however it does it even in uncapped state. It's like when you move the mouse it can be smooth and then you feel this slight, weird stuttering not as in FPS drop juddering but the weapon looking weird and the aim feeling juddery. It's insanely hard to explain or show but you can feel it right away - Doesn't have the smoothness of say, the console versions.

Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? Has happened through 5+ different driver versions now, on two different machines. I'd really like to get into the game, get some HC S&D going.

Nabs

Hey Sethos, try opening the task manager and checking the priority of the MW3 exe. Change that to normal and see if it helps any. Close Fraps if you have it running, it does some weird things with the game for some reason.

Sethos

Banned
Hey Sethos, try opening the task manager and checking the priority of the MW3 exe. Change that to normal and see if it helps any. Close Fraps if you have it running, it does some weird things with the game for some reason.

Yeah, did the autopriority thing in the config, closed down whatever I had but it still remains. I noticed even the weapon 'judders' a bit when this happen, as it isn't going on constantly - It feels like the refresh rate of the monitor goes down to half refresh rate and then back up, like there's frames missing. It's crazy hard to explain and it's not something super noticeable but after years of Call of Duty on the consoles I need that smoothness.

Doesn't seem to happen in Single-Player.

Dabanton

Loving the new maps.

Just schooled some cocky yanks on Off Shore.

Oh the bitter tears afterwards.

Gulch and Off Shore are my faves.

Sethos

Banned
Decided to play despite my mouse issues, wasn't enjoyable but I got by. I then noticed every. fucking. game was full of cheaters - Always at least one. Here I'm not talking about "Oh he's better than me whah-whah" I'm talking about 84-1 scores with nothing but headshots and a full-auto sniper rifle kind of shit and it was like that 8 ... 8!! games in a row.

This game is atrocious on PC.

I wish the Call of Duty games had done more of the changing time of day/seasons of popular maps. Such as this (Winter Crash, Cod 4), which I never did get to play. I think it would be a nice little bonus and can really change the feel and play of a map.

9a0c0ace026184d07828348b7604556b.jpg

I wish the Call of Duty games had done more of the changing time of day/seasons of popular maps. Such as this (Winter Crash, Cod 4), which I never did get to play. I think it would be a nice little bonus and can really change the feel and play of a map.

The feel of most maps are the same because the only color everybody who has ever made a Call of Duty map knows about is brown. It's all just different shades of brown on like every map or it's a snow map. I've heard that it helps make players pop more though. If maps were to become yellow, blue, green etc.., according to the developers, it'll be harder to see enemies because they'll start blending in with their surroundings.

Hazard is still the prettiest map of all time in call of duty (or maybe nuketown), but think about the original version of cliffside and how much uglier that was. It's the same map but looks much better as hazard so i'd be down for some special versions of maps, even though it'll never happen.

9a0c0ace026184d07828348b7604556b.jpg
That's fucking awesome. Damn I miss Crash. GOAT map if you ask me.

Xux

Any CoD4 map aside from Wetwork, Shipment, and Showdown is arguably GOAT. What went wrong with later games?
Ambition, probably. Thinking they could catch lightning in a bottle again with more complex, asymmetrical map layouts.

I'd still say Countdown is one of the worst maps in the series.

http://i.minus.com/ibtV2moE02GfvK.gif

Shipment was a great map for all the wrong reasons. Design-wise I just wouldn't put it up with masterpieces like Backlot, Ambush, and Overgrown.

Wetwork didn't make much sense to me. It was way too linear and predictable. Showdown was fun for me in SnD but it was pretty much the only map with lackluster spawns in other game modes.

Sethos

Banned
What went wrong with later games?

Focus on fast development and money, instead of making the best product you possibly can, like it was the case with Call of Duty 4 - Back then it felt like they really had taken their time with it and they hit the jackpot. Every Call of Duty after that was a rollercoaster straight down in terms of quality.

Focus on fast development and money, instead of making the best product you possibly can, like it was the case with Call of Duty 4 - Back then it felt like they really had taken their time with it and they hit the jackpot. Every Call of Duty after that was a rollercoaster straight down.

haha. ok

mbmonk

Small bump, I decided to fire up my PC version today that I barely touched but I remembered why. I have this weird 'stutter' issue for lack of better explanation. Game is running solid 60FPS ( Framerate limited ) however it does it even in uncapped state. It's like when you move the mouse it can be smooth and then you feel this slight, weird stuttering not as in FPS drop juddering but the weapon looking weird and the aim feeling juddery. It's insanely hard to explain or show but you can feel it right away - Doesn't have the smoothness of say, the console versions.

Anyone else have this issue or know a solution? Has happened through 5+ different driver versions now, on two different machines. I'd really like to get into the game, get some HC S&D going.

I had a similar issue with BLOPs and I never could figure it out.

Sethos

Banned
Appears I got my problem fixed. (Re)Installed DirectX / vcredist from the redist folder and turned off Steam cloud ( Some say that could be the cause ) - Booted up the game and everything was fine.

Top Bottom