• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered |OT| Return of the King

If you get the code for early access....can you play the entire SP and MP ( at some point ) too?

Edit: I got the code for early access by accident I guess. I've ordered IW regular edition and instead of what I was told ( beta code for MP ) I got this lol.
Not that I'm complaining :D

Tesser

That easter-egg in the One Shot, One Kill mission. I like the fact they even
went out of the way to animate Makarov/Yuri so that they're having the conversation in the car, the same convo you see from Yuri's POV in MW3
Nice little detail there.

Best campaign mission just got besterer.

If you get the code for early access....can you play the entire SP and MP ( at some point ) too?

Edit: I got the code for early access by accident I guess. I've ordered IW regular edition and instead of what I was told ( beta code for MP ) I got this lol.
Not that I'm complaining :D
Yes, full game is unlocked when IW releases.

As Modern Warfare is my favorite COD, and one of my all-time favorite shooters period, I am beyond tempted to buy the digital super-edition ( or whatever it is called ) that contains it.

Heck, I am going to do it. And yet again I get pulled in by Call of Duty..

GazzaGSi

Just been doing the F.N.J time trial for the 15.1 second trophy and noticed on the leaderboards there's almost 220,000 times. Includes PS3 times as well?

Gorillaz

Just been doing the F.N.J time trial for the 15.1 second trophy and noticed on the leaderboards there's almost 220,000 times. Includes PS3 times as well?
Nah has to be new generation. I don't remember fng having a leader board and if it did there was definitely more then 200k that played FNG

I beat that in about 5 deaths on Veteran, im probably in the 30s on Heat.
I don't remember having this much trouble on it.
Can't even get past the street.

I'm not saying your wrong but for me personally I had the most trouble with that mission not that Heat doesn't have it's frustrating parts yet it's one shot, one kill that was the hardest part of the campaign, that and miles high club, the one I didn't beat in the original or in this remaster.

Call of Duty really needs to return to this style of gameplay. This must be my fourth playthrough of MW1 and it still holds up well.

Hoodbury

Audio options seem limited. Is this game not setup for surround sound? Can barely hear the voices even though the rest of the game is super loud at times.

Yup, "No Fighting In The War Room" was 5 deaths total.

Audio options seem limited. Is this game not setup for surround sound? Can barely hear the voices even though the rest of the game is super loud at times.

Its kinda weird for me its the music that is way off, can't hear it at all on the jeep chase.

Gorillaz

Off the top of my head No Fighting in the War Room was one of the hardest missions in CoD 4. No way I'm doing that shit on Grenade Spam ass Veteran

Off the top of my head No Fighting in the War Room was one of the hardest missions in CoD 4. No way I'm doing that shit on Grenade Spam ass Veteran

It actually wasn't as hard as I remembered it, just saved all my gear for the hard part.

Mile High Club is kicking my ass like I remember it.

Ari-Gold-Anger-Throws-Phone-Against-Wall-Entourage.gif

Buy a psn gift card from amazon and use it to buy the game (legacy edition) from psn.

joebruin

Are there two trophies? I thought there was just the one for beating Gaz's time which is 19 secs.

joebruin

I think it's might just be a bad sound mix. Super odd that they don't have volume sliders.

GazzaGSi

Are there two trophies? I thought there was just the one for beating Gaz's time which is 19 secs.

Yep, there's this:

Best of the Best
Beat IW best time on the Ship Training course in 'F.N.G.' (15.1 sec).

http://psnprofiles.com/trophy/5379-Call-of-Duty-Modern-Warfare-Remastered/48-Best-of-the-Best

For anyone wondering where the grenade launcher is to clear the first area in 1 hit, once you are heading to Price for debrief head over to the left hand side across the road and there is a grenade training exercise. On the second round you get the grande launcher, just walk away with it and head over to price to run the FNG training.

XJF

Just got this bad boy. Glad to be done. MHC and Best of the Best straight up sucked..
Good luck everybody

WLnQqQ7l.png

alexbull_uk

Was the ship/sea sway in "Crew Expendsble" in the original? I can't remember, but I don't think it was.

Think it was but I could be misremembering.

Anyway, just finished it on Veteran and aside from a couple of missions (mostly ones with a timer) it was an enjoyable experience. The last time I'd played MW was when it first released, and only ever on Normal. Veteran wasn't as difficult as I expected it to be in the end, so I'm glad I went for it from the start. Would recommend it to anyone that wants the challenge.
As far as remasters go, this is basically as good as it gets. Massive props to Raven.

Think I'll go back though on an easier difficulty to get the trophies I'm missing before IW and the multiplayer mode hits.

Do we know if there is anything new in the multiplayer (like unlockable skins, new weapons, perks...)

No perks or weapons.
New weapon skins are guaranteed and honestly minor character customization wouldn't surprise me or bother me(i'd be fine with females being added as well).
They also added calling cards.

Top Bottom