• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Call of Duty: WWII (PC/PS4/XB1, Nov 3) Info: Campaign, Zombies, MP, Trailer, More

13ruce

Banned
While this will be the first cod I buy since the first black ops, does anyone else notice how fake the explosions and effects look in this game?

Is it because the game engine hasn't changed in over a decade or what?

They seem to be always behind in the graphics/engine department compared to battlefield and other games.

Atleast it's not like a whole lot like last gen lol.

GeeDuhb

This was honestly one of the more fair specialty weapons.
You really had to be dead on compared to other regular weapons(lower auto aim)
Fire rate was low and you only had a few shots.

It legitimately worked best as a sniper.

On the other hand the bow is slightly slower but does the same thing, has a wider hit area and then explosives on top of that.

I will agree with you about that. It did require much more skill than a lot of the weapons did.

While this will be the first cod I buy since the first black ops, does anyone else notice how fake the explosions and effects look in this game?

Is it because the game engine hasn't changed in over a decade or what?

Wait, what?

Are you talking about COD:WWII or the BO3 gifs on the previous page?

the_big_country

Neo Member
Tinúviel;240388204 said:
They're going to show singleplayer gameplay at Sony's conference right so when will mp trailer drops?

MP details will probably drop when Sledgehammer does their MP stream tomorrow at 10:30 AM PST/1:30PM EST. It's going to be at least on Facebook.

Proelite

Single player trailer during the conference was awful. The worst tragedy in human conference turned into a shoot-bang fest.

They should learn from the Days Gone devs on how to present a game.

NYR

Was I just blind or were there no swastikas? Not that I really need them, but I don't like how this game is whitewashing history, basically re-writing the war.

Looked great to me. Of course it will play like every other COD that I get sick of after a couple of weeks, but at least it's in my favorite era

Velikost

Was I just blind or were there no swastikas? Not that I really need them, but I don't like how this game is whitewashing history, basically re-writing the war.

I just re-watched it, and I didn't see any. Hope Activision/Sledgehammer don't pussy out on this, especially after Wolfenstein's showing yesterday

ElRenoRaven

Oh god I can't wait. I so missed WWII games. Last good one I loved was CODII at 360 launch. I'm looking so forward to this one.

Randam

I just re-watched it, and I didn't see any. Hope Activision/Sledgehammer don't pussy out on this, especially after Wolfenstein's showing yesterday

seems like there wont be any.

BO3 changed all the Swastikas from the remade W@W and BO1 Zombies maps too.
0ehFjNR.jpg

and worst part is, they added Iron Crosses, but those were never used on flags, buildings or vehicle.

Iron Cross was a military decoration.
Emblem of the Wehrmacht was the Balkenkreuz (beam cross or bar cross).
150px-Regulation_WW_II_Upperwing_Balkenkreuz.png

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Single player trailer during the conference was awful. The worst tragedy in human conference turned into a shoot-bang fest.

You're about twenty years too late here, unless I stepped into a sar chasm.

Ajax125

Banned

I'm honestly surprised more people aren't talking about it.

Talk about a downgrade.

0ehFjNR.jpg

and worst part is, they added Iron Crosses, but those were never used on flags, buildings or vehicle.

Not a fan of history being censored, save it for the German version since they have regulations regarding that.

Who was the male voice there sounds familiar?

0ehFjNR.jpg

Not a fan of history being censored, save it for the German version since they have regulations regarding that.

Team logo?
They will think it when they play the campaign and don't encounter a single Nazi on their way to Berlin.

I really hope that SG isn't censoring this game. I hope it's just due to E3 being an international event and they're doing it to be respectful. Changing history for the sake of sparing feelings is odd and I hope that they can address this issue - I mean, they have to know that there is a very vocal majority that needs clarification regarding this issue.

EDIT: Michael Condrey addressed the issue during the Facebook livestream - swastikas will be in the single player campaign - but not in multiplayer...

... -_-

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=1557889164272802&id=229899403738458

It's around 9:39 into the steam.

DOWN

Banned
Why is Sledgehammer inarguably the only CoD studio that pushes for leading FPS graphics? The other entries are good but pale next to Frostbite. Sledgehammer consistently now has stepped it up against the other cinematic FPS campaign aesthetics...

KC Denton

Why is Sledgehammer inarguably the only CoD studio that pushes for leading FOS graphics? The other entries are good but pale next to Frostbite. Sledgehammer consistently now has stepped it up against the other cinematic FPS campaign aesthetics...

FOS graphics? What's that? Google's only giving me a bunch of skateboards and websites with the initials "FOS."

kuYuri

Why is Sledgehammer inarguably the only CoD studio that pushes for leading FOS graphics? The other entries are good but pale next to Frostbite. Sledgehammer consistently now has stepped it up against the other cinematic FPS campaign aesthetics...

IW is easily the best looking CoD to date and has a fairly consistent framerate with some minor drops on both consoles. BF1 looks great but runs like shit with bad frame pacing unless the game is played on a PS4 Pro or PC. Consistently hits 40~ fps, which is bad for a shooter that's supposed to be a consistent 60fps on console.

Creaking

He touched the black heart of a mod
FOS graphics? What's that? Google's only giving me a bunch of skateboards and websites with the initials "FOS."

I think DOWN meant to type FPS graphics.

I'm not sure if I agree though. WWII doesn't strike me as a particularly big step up from the last three or four Call of Duty titles.

Nokterian

I'm really hoping the PC community for this lasts a bit longer than the other CODs of late.

Nah, while Advanced Warfare had a decent pc port it didn't grasp people to play it and every new update didn't made it better. CoD has been dead on PC for the longest of time only Black Ops 2 and 3 is still alive in the top 100 play list. Also Treyarch maybe the last developer who have a in house pc developers for pc only.

Cornbread78

Just thinking that since this is a WWII based game and Sony has the marketing rights, that it would be pretty baddass if they could cross-over with Insomniac and do a Sony exclusive Zombie mode with Chimera trying to attack. That would be a pretty sweet marketing idea for Sony, Insomniac and Activision....

Najaf

Still no details on what comes with the season pass? Looking at the older games, they always said something along the lines of will come with four map packs etc. This one says nothing.

I wonder if they are moving to all maps being free like all other shooters now? Then season pass is what, extra crate loot like IW?

Mikey Jr.

Quick question, anyone receive codes for the beta yet?

I pre-ordered on Amazon like months ago, and still haven't gotten a code. Dunno if its just me or not.

Quick question, anyone receive codes for the beta yet?

I pre-ordered on Amazon like months ago, and still haven't gotten a code. Dunno if its just me or not.

I preordered it in a shop. Got a code I had to fill in on the CoD WWII site. Then it said I would get a beta code closer to the beta. Nothing yet. Hopefully today. I'm pretty excited for Friday and I'd be pissed if I didn't get a code.

Top Bottom