• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Weiss

Banned
Should I pre-order and eat the extra cost, or go out and risk not getting them.

It's not like last year. We got a Shulk and Little Mac reprint for god's sake. I can't imagine they'd be too hard to find.

Renewed

Should I pre-order and eat the extra cost, or go out and risk not getting them.

It's not like last year. We got a Shulk and Little Mac reprint for god's sake. I can't imagine they'd be too hard to find.

Animal Crossing seems to be overstocked so they may hold back a bit on wave 2. Shovel Knight is third party and doesn't seem to be stocked in-stores (maybe EB Games would have it). There are still Mewtwo amiibo out there so it shouldn't be hard to find Lucas.

Almost bought those fake Pokemon Amiibo that are floating around. Then I noticed that the charizard figure was identical to Smash, and Gamefreak has been dumb about Amiibo in general.

Just noticed that my Amazon delivery date for Shovel Knight is 2017...

I saw "U&I Entertainment Amiibo Shovel Knight" Estimated arrival date: January 09, 2017 - January 16, 2017 " but my eyes skipped the 2017... It fits with the date of FFVII remake release on Amazon (Dec 31st 2016) in my "ship together" order. However, even when it's "ship together", my items always ship separately. I guess that I need to contact them...

mikestrife

Just noticed that my Amazon delivery date for Shovel Knight is 2017...

I saw "U&I Entertainment Amiibo Shovel Knight" Estimated arrival date: January 09, 2017 - January 16, 2017 " but my eyes skipped the 2017... It fits with the date of FFVII remake release on Amazon (Dec 31st 2016) in my "ship together" order. However, even when it's "ship together", my items always ship separately. I guess that I need to contact them...

I cancelled mine and ordered from walmart yesterday when I saw it hadn't shipped for me, came today.

Weiss

Banned
Looks like Shovel Knight didn't come out today

Is it only available online? Would Lucas end up with the same low stock? These two are the last new ones I'm interested in getting.

Received my Walmart Shovel Knight yesterday. Surprisingly good; paint job quality is poor on the armor but the overall sculpt is impressive. Feels legit even if it doesn't have the attention to detail you'd see on the Animal Crossing models.

Renewed

So Best Buy seems to want to push Lottie. Add Lottie and another $15.99 amiibo to your cart and get that other amiibo for free. You have to deal with shipping costs since it'll be under the threshold.

PqWHy5r.png

So Best Buy seems to want to push Lottie. Add Lottie and another $15.99 amiibo to your cart and get that other amiibo for free. You have to deal with shipping costs since it'll be under the threshold.

It's funny how they chose to advertise it that way. I guess "Any Amiibo free (if you buy this overstocked one)" sounds better than "Buy this overstocked Amiibo get any other one free".

c-murph

Basically giving their exclusive away...

With the animal crossing piss poor sales, Nintendo is probably going to go back into safe mode with all their future releases again.

I just purchased a Shovel Knight from a local EB Games (Alberta). If you're looking for one in store, trying calling in

EDIT: When did these fuckers start costing $18?

Weiss

Banned
Found one at my EB. I like it; it's a lot meatier than the rest of the amiibos.

I just purchased a Shovel Knight from a local EB Games (Alberta). If you're looking for one in store, trying calling in

EDIT: When did these fuckers start costing $18?

I think it's just Shovel Knight.

Ondore

How's the odds of walking into, say, Walmart Friday morning and picking up Lucas? My BB order is still pending and I'd kind of like to get him ASAP.

So far, the only place confirmed to have stock is EB Games.

i-Jest

How's the odds of walking into, say, Walmart Friday morning and picking up Lucas? My BB order is still pending and I'd kind of like to get him ASAP.

So far, the only place confirmed to have stock is EB Games.

I say the odds are fair. Stock in recent waves has been rather plentiful.

Weiss

Banned
Lucas amiibo came up to the same price of going to get it in store, so I'm fine with that.

I'd feel happy but I've also spent a lot of credit card money today. Like 200 bucks between college parking, two TPBs, Oddworld PS4, and now this.

Weiss

Banned
Lucas showed up. It is such a good figure.

The more intricately detailed and realistic a figure gets, the more it suffers, but the simple, cartoony designs shine.

Lucas showed up. It is such a good figure.

The more intricately detailed and realistic a figure gets, the more it suffers, but the simple, cartoony designs shine.

Very true. It looks just like the promo art that they use for the packaging right behind him

zroid

Banned
Chibi Robo is $5 at amazon.com, and it ships to Canada for like $6.50

crazy thing is, that's barely even a deal nowadays :\

Ondore

The shipping cost, I guess. (But I guess you could throw Tom Nook and Mabel in and get the lot for $21... or does the cost of shipping go up in that case?)

Renewed

I guess it's because it's awesome for USA peeps but for us it comes up to not much better. $16ish and however long it takes to get here.

I do wonder about that though. I imagine you'd be paying the USD on shipping?

I guess with shipping it really isn't a deal, but when were was anyone here under the impression that they'd save money by buying and shipping from the States?..

EDIT for below: Ah, gotcha.

zroid

Banned
was just trying to say that $11.50 seems like a great price for an amiibo but with the exchange as it is now, not really

Anth0ny

I wonder if Nintendo will ever launch another game like Smash Bros where there's so many damn amiibo that they have to release them in multiple waves.

All I can think of is Pokemon. 15 waves for the first 151 Pokemon to celebrate the anniversary.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I wonder if Nintendo will ever launch another game like Smash Bros where there's so many damn amiibo that they have to release them in multiple waves.

All I can think of is Pokemon. 15 waves for the first 151 Pokemon to celebrate the anniversary.

Well, we've already seen Animal Crossing receive waves of figures and cards. You're definitely right on Pokemon. Even Pokken could have multiple waves of fighters. The next Mario Kart could have a bunch of waves for racers.

Ondore

That's five more amiibo worth buying right there.

ohlawd

http://line.me/en/download

Be forewarned, it's not all Amiibo talk. We talk about games, figures, how our days going. Whatever strikes the mood I guess. Not a lot of Amiibo action going on these days so we tend to digress from the main topic.
got it installed. is there a group name or whatever so I can join. dunno how to use this

heh general talk is pretty cool. better than straight up amiibo talk

Top Bottom