• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Maximus.

AUSGAF is stickied in the Community thread. They are the only other region specific community IIRC.

Ah I see, well that's good.

Because Nintendo actually treats those regions properly.

I was talking in general, not just about Nintendo and Amiibo...I know there are some threads that are specific to EU or AUS, etc., but maybe I just tend to pay more attention to USA/Canada specific threads.

Mononoke

Banned
Sorry again, I was in the wrong. My perception of what the thread was, I guess was wrong. And as such, I didn't understand this.

If everyone think it's best to break up threads by region because release dates/shipping/stores are so different, then I think that's a great idea. I just wasn't aware that it was such an issue, when so many people in there were buying across all regions.

Good luck Canada Amiibo GAF. Godspeed. I was 100% wrong. Plus, I should have done a better job communicating where I was coming from. Instead came off like a fool. So I deserve my shaming :p

But yes, I wish you guys the best.

With something like Club Nintendo, it made sense to combine the US / Canada regions into one thread: same rewards, availability, shipping, etc.

But with Amiibo, there are distinct differences between the US / Canada: retailers, release dates, availability, etc.

Canadian information was getting lost or was at least very difficult to find in the main US Amiibo thread. I am glad we have a place to follow Canadian information exclusively (plus it's a win for the gaming deals thread peeps who weren't happy with all the Amiibo talk).

Considering how fast that thread was moving just on Amiibo talk alone, I'm sure this thread will do just fine...

mdubs

Banned
So, not everyone in the Amiibo thread lives in the U.S. either. It's not a region centric thread. People bought from all regions. I get that you guys have different release dates, shipping, and other factors. But so does every other region. And that thread was never about just one region.

So maybe the thread does not meet the needs of other regions in the same way that is causing us to feel there is a need for a Canada thread?

Sora_N

lol okay.

Well, I won't post in here again don't worry. Like I said, making a thread based on region is 100% allowed. It always has been. Never said it wasn't. Was just confused because the Amiibo community thread was never region centric, and in fact a lot of the people buying stuff on there were buying from region to region.

If everyone think it's best to break up threads by region because release dates/shipping/stores are so different, then I think that's a great idea. I just wasn't aware that it was such an issue, when so many people in there were buying across all regions.

Good luck Canada Amiibo GAF. Godspeed.

I don't think you understand still, I don't think Canadians are planning to 'leave' the other OT for good or anything like that.

Talked to the guy on the floor who collects amiibos as well and he told me that they only got Toon Link, Sheik and Bowser for this shipment. YMMV though store to store

That's disappointing if true. I was hoping there wasn't a split shipment with amiibo in Canada this time.

DVCY201

I was talking in general, not just about Nintendo and Amiibo...I know there are some threads that are specific to EU or AUS, etc., but maybe I just tend to pay more attention to USA/Canada specific threads.

What other threads would need to be set up for those regions? I think a Deals Thread for each is a good idea, but I don't see any other reason (right now). I'm only privy to CDD, Amiibo, and now CAmiibo and I'm actually more surprised that none of these threads have been moved into Community yet.

Honestly, I don't feel strongly about this. Popping into the other amiibo thread, I'm surprised at how angry some people are, like this is a betrayal or something

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
We escaped the Deals thread just in time. Now it's a discussion on 'why grown men buy toys'. Started by a guy who posts in a lot of wrestling and sports thread, is a little ironic to me, but oh well.

I don't think you understand still, I don't think Canadians are planning to 'leave' the other OT for good or anything like that.
Yea. I'll still visit the other thread for amiibo discussion but if I want to know where and when to order I'll look here. Amiibo collecting is frustrating but I don't feel the need to order out of country to get them. If I miss it I miss it, I don't want to pay $30+ dollars to import a $14 figure. The Canadian dollar is in the hole and I can't justify ordering out of country.

Sora_N

We escaped the Deals thread just in time. Now it's a discussion on 'why grown men buy toys'. Started by a guy who posts in a lot of wrestling and sports thread, is a little ironic to me, but oh well.

Lol, last few posts I saw were people saying this whole thing was immature. That sounds immature itself.

Maximus.

What other threads would need to be set up for those regions? I think a Deals Thread for each is a good idea, but I don't see any other reason (right now). I'm only privy to CDD, Amiibo, and now CAmiibo and I'm actually more surprised that none of these threads have been moved into Community yet.

Honestly, I don't feel strongly about this. Popping into the other amiibo thread, I'm surprised at how angry some people are, like this is a betrayal or something

Well I mean something like this makes sense, its a hot item and different expectations are set in each region. I am surprised there are not more deals threads and in general I meant I guess I ignore threads that are like EU PSN SALE!!!! because I know that doesn't apply to me, yet made me originally ask why I don't see those threads, when I actually do (wow I made that sound confusing).

Anyways, I don't expect a huge change where discussion is split into regions for everything.

Yeah I'm afraid to leave the house, all I want is another Ike haha. I think I'll live though.

I had two on order. Amazon.ca shipped me one. He's in hand now. The other is for a yankee doodle friend who was unable to get an order in on .com for himself.

The other has an estimated ship date of the 24th of February.

I'm not sure what's going on there.

Kilvin

Watching the Flash followed by Agent Carter and refreshing my cart on Walmart.ca Haha the life of an Amiibro....

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm really happy with my random-Amazon.ca Ike's face. Looks far better than a lot of the derp Marths. Of all the Amiibo I have, Peach has the weirdest set of eyes.

Lol, last few posts I saw were people saying this whole thing was immature. That sounds immature itself.

It's just sad to me that a poster that has been around that long doesn't have some perspective on why people would be interested in it, even if he doesn't have any himself.

zroid

Banned

The whole split movement really stinks to me of "stop talking about things I'm not interested in" but I'm just gonna go with it

hupla

man i have a preorder for Megaman with futureshop but i regret not just getting the one i saw at TRU and cancelling it, i just hope whoever bought him enjoys him and isn't a scalper ahahah

Mononoke

Banned
The whole split movement really stinks to me of "stop talking about things I'm not interested in" but I'm just gonna go with it

To be clear here, nothing wrong happened. I was just confused, as I guess my perception of what the main thread was. If region threads make more sense, and are more practical and helpful -- I say do it. Go for it.

That's awesome. Even if we end up having 4 different Amiibo threads based on region, it will still be a healthy community.

Anyways, I owe everyone here a big apology. I didn't understand it. But I wish you guys all the luck. If the thread ever needs support, or anything. Let me know. I might not live in Canada, but I can still import. And as a result, I would help anyone in any region that needs an Amiibo they can't find.

The people who didn't care were pretty damn vocal about not caring lol.

I think I was the only one. And the only reason, is I didn't see the main thread as being region centric, and it didn't make sense. That said, who gives a fuck what I think. Threads are made by people that need them (not what one person thinks hah). You guys needed this one. That's great. Sorry for my original replies. I was just kind of confused at first. But I shouldn't have made my posts.

Good luck (and see my post above). If you ever need help, let me know.

espher

Toon Link and Bowser came in today from Amazon.ca

No word yet on Shiek, Mega Man or Sonic.. ;(

I got my Toon Link, Bowser, Sheik, Ike, Dedede (x2) from them today. Still packed as shitty as ever, though this time fortunately only one Dedede box was damaged (unlike my last shipment where it was both Pit boxes fml).

MM/Sonic still have no updates.

Kilvin

So I just noticed that Ike and DeDeDe are listed as preorders for Feb 6th and the 15th.

Probably explains why they aren't working.

hupla

To be clear here, nothing wrong happened. I was just confused, as I guess my perception of what the main thread was. If region threads make more sense, and are more practical and helpful -- I say do it. Go for it.

That's awesome. Even if we end up having 4 different Amiibo threads based on region, it will still be a healthy community.

Anyways, I owe everyone here a big apology. I didn't understand it. But I wish you guys all the luck. If the thread ever needs support, or anything. Let me know. I might not live in Canada, but I can still import. And as a result, I would help anyone in any region that needs an Amiibo they can't find.

I think I was the only one. And the only reason, is I didn't see the main thread as being region centric, and it didn't make sense. That said, who gives a fuck what I think. Threads are made by people that need them. You guys needed this one. That's great. Sorry for my original replies. I was just kind of confused at first. But I shouldn't have made my posts.

Hey jsyk people arent talking about you i think they mean people from the Canadian deals thread who hated any amiibo talk in it

Kilvin

I think I was the only one. And the only reason, is I didn't see the main thread as being region centric, and it didn't make sense. That said, who gives a fuck what I think. Threads are made by people that need them (not what one person thinks hah). You guys needed this one. That's great. Sorry for my original replies. I was just kind of confused at first. But I shouldn't have made my posts.

You're a good person Mononoke, much love.

I'll still see you in the General Amiibo thread as I still plan to post there.

And as I said above, I hope our responses to you didn't come off too harsh.

LordAmused

It's allright man, you are all forgiven :D

here_is_your_cookie_by_kicky.jpg

Mononoke

Banned
Hey jsyk people arent talking about you i think they mean people from the Canadian deals thread who hated any amiibo talk in it

Oh shit, my bad. That's awful. Sorry to hear about that. Then you guys REALLY needed this. This is great then. :D

Mononoke

Banned
It's allright man, you are all forgiven :D

Nah, I don't deserve to be forgiven. I'm probably just pathetic. I think I was just holding on to the community, because it did so much for me. Meant so much to me. It really helped me out during my rough times. I think my knee jerk reaction was fear it was going to fall apart.

But I'm just a selfish piece of shit. I'm really sorry. I won't post here again. But I do wish you guys the best luck. And I'd do anything to help this thread grow if you ever need help.

mdubs

Banned
Oh shit, my bad. That's awful. Sorry to hear about that. Then you guys REALLY needed this. This is great then. :D

S'all good, sorry for being so testy. More just sick and tired of people in the general Canada deals thread giving us crap. Thanks for the good feels :)

Sora_N

I didn't mean you, I actually meant the people in the Canada Deals/Discussion OT strongly voiced their opinion that they wanted no Amiibo talk especially since there was a huge retail fail last night on Rosalina.

Feel free to stop by if you want in the future though, lol.

It's all good Mononoke. Most of us will still be posting in the general thread even with this thread around.

Nah, I don't deserve to be forgiven. I'm probably just pathetic. I think I was just holding on to the community, because it did so much for me. Meant so much to me. It really helped me out during my rough times. I think my knee jerk reaction was fear it was going to fall apart.

But I'm just a selfish piece of shit. I'm really sorry. I won't post here again. But I do wish you guys the best luck. And I'd do anything to help this thread grow if you ever need help.

And there's no need to be so harsh on yourself. You're always welcome to post on Canadamiibo-gaf if you so desire.

Mononoke

Banned
Also, someone told me about the shit you guys were dealing with in the other thread. So I had no business saying what I said. Sorry again guys.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member

No kidding. Good luck with the hunt for amiibo CanadaGAF! As someone who's been hanging out since OT2, the deals thread has always been a free for all thread. We even got nice pillow deals out of it! People get annoyed/offended by everything these days.

Mononoke

Banned
No worries man, you didn't know and good on you for owning up to it.

FistBump_BaymaxButler.gif

Yeah, sure. But it's also my responsibility to educate myself before speaking out. And I didn't. I mucked up your thread, after you already had a bunch of shit to deal with it. I'm terrible. I'm sorry.

I'll do whatever I have to, to make up for it. Wont' ever happen again. I don't feel too proud of myself right now. Feel very ashamed.

zroid

Banned
Also, someone told me about the shit you guys were dealing with in the other thread. So I had no business saying what I said. Sorry again guys.

It's cool man. Honestly a lot of us would prefer this thread not exist, but here we are.

Like I said, I'm sure we will still post as much in the main Amiibo thread as we did before, this will just house the stuff that used to fill up the Canada thread. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
No kidding. Good luck with the hunt for amiibo CanadaGAF! As someone who's been hanging out since OT2, the deals thread has always been a free for all thread. We even got nice pillow deals out of it! People get annoyed/offended by everything these days.
I hope we are okay with pillow talk in here!

Yeah, sure. But it's also my responsibility to educate myself before speaking out. And I didn't. I mucked up your thread, after you already had a bunch of shit to deal with it. I'm terrible. I'm sorry.

I'll do whatever I have to, to make up for it. Wont' ever happen again. I don't feel too proud of myself right now. Feel very ashamed.
Yeah, don't worry about it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

We're all friends here, don't worry about it!

Mattiator

I'm going to go with the majority here and say your good. You got enough stuff on your plate. Don't worry about a mistake we all make then.

Kilvin

No one here's holding it against you. Don't let it get to you.

Top Bottom