• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Blues1990

Hey, everyone.

I'm unsure how you guys feel, but I feel like giving up trying to find any of the recently released Amiibo by local means, as it's increasingly becoming a fruitless search. I don't like paying for shipping fees as much as the next guy, but I have found better success with ordering the Amiibo that I want through online retailers, as it cuts out that additional stress.

Kilvin

I doubt Walmart ever had any in the first place.

I'm gonna go with this too.

I mean I left it for less than 5 minutes to brush my teeth.... There's no way.

Has anyone tried to put an order through for megaman or sonic that are still showing Low stock?

Edit: Never mind they're out too

zroid

Banned
Hey, everyone.

I'm unsure how you guys feel, but I feel like giving up trying to find any of the recently released Amiibo by local means, as it's increasingly becoming a fruitless search. I don't like paying for shipping fees as much as the next guy, but I have found better success with ordering the Amiibo that I want through online retailers, as it cuts out that additional stress.

I somehow am straddling that fine line where I don't care enough to pay a premium to import or try to engage in trading with people, but do care enough to stay up till 4 am for a Rosalina. :lol

fooish101

Has anyone tried to put an order through for megaman or sonic that are still showing Low stock?

I'm trying too but I'm getting the spinning loading wheels on checkout, I bet it is just a bug with Wallmart's site

mdubs

Banned

Yes, still been sitting in checkout limbo. I give up I'm going to bed lol

hazukash

I got my Toon Link from amazon on Monday. I'm surprised I got it so quickly as it had no expected release date for over a month. Sheik and Sonic haven't shipped yet.

Stage On

Urg what is wrong with me, I thought I was going to stick with just a few favorites (at least the ones that I can get) since it's impossible to get them all...

And yet during my trip today to preorder Toad at Eb games I swung by Toys r us across the street from them and ended up picking up Bowser... and now I'm tempted to get Mario, Luigi and Peach from Toys r us.ca using the $10 off if you spend $40 coupon simply because I was able to preorder Rosalina last night and it almost doesn't feel right to have her by herself.

Speaking of which between staying up to 4am last night to get Rosalina and walking miles thought the cold and snow today to snag Toad I think I've made myself sick :(

Harusame

I somehow am straddling that fine line where I don't care enough to pay a premium to import or try to engage in trading with people, but do care enough to stay up till 4 am for a Rosalina. :lol

I am slowly getting to this point. I would rather obtain them through local means, but the temptation to eventually just import is almost there.

Toad.T

Banned
Yeah, I was in an endless loop for ages as well. Who knows how the other guys got through. On to FS and WM retail, then.

Toshin

I had all 5 , fox , Ike, megaman, shiek and sonic...and then the green checkout button at the last step on the screen never loaded up....sigh : (.....

Stage On

Well Walmart lead was a bust. I look forward to fighting scalpers for Lucario on Friday.

Well the Toys r us I went Today to has implemented a 1 per type of amiboo per person policy for wave 3 due to have few they've been getting in. Hopefully other Toys r us follow suit....

ohlawd

TRU on Friday? I'm there. I live dangerously close to one. And if that one per person rule is true, I can maybe get one? :eek:

Kilvin

Just an FYI, my two area futureshop are both showing stock for Toon Link, Bowser and Shiek on the website. Nothing on the rest though.

Anyone looking for Sheik or Link might do well to hit up their futureshop tomorrow.

i-Jest

Well the Toys r us I went Today to has implemented a 1 per type of amiboo per person policy for wave 3 due to have few they've been getting in. Hopefully other Toys r us follow suit....

Good to know. I'll probably hit up the one at Younge and Eglinton in Toronto first and try my luck there. If not then the only other one I know of is the one at Dufferin Mall. I'll also have a friend standing by to order for me online.

TRU on Friday? I'm there. I live dangerously close to one. And if that one per person rule is true, I can maybe get one? :eek:

My TRU had a line this morning and was sold out before fully being open apparently. Kingston Ontario.

Also apperently some guy bought copious amounts so the limit was not alive here.

If any of y'all happen to see a Mega Man and there is no store limit I shall make it worth your while <3

What happened to the Rosalina pre-order son amazon.ca? The ones that had a link which turned into a Bowser one.

So...what have I missed in the new thread? Did I'm reading something about Wal-mart and issues placing orders. Just noticed that Link and Metroid were up on the site. Did they get a re-stock?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
[002] We're sorry! There are item(s) in your cart that we are unable to deliver. Please check your Cart Contents on the right of your screen and remove any products without a delivery date. - 2/3/2015 - 21:57:36
Anyone else getting this when trying to order online?

EDIT: Sorry ignore the post. It seems everyone is experiencing the same issue.

i-Jest

So...what have I missed in the new thread? Did I'm reading something about Wal-mart and issues placing orders. Just noticed that Link and Metroid were up on the site. Did they get a re-stock?

Wal-Mart had open, yet limited, orders for wave 3. People were trying to order but were stuck at check out. It was either a glitch or some orders actually made it through.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Seems as if our best chance at restocks are if they're going to be used in future games. ie; Marth for Codename Steam.

Anth0ny

Seems as if our best chance at restocks are if they're going to be used in future games. ie; Marth for Codename Steam.

Looks like Rosalina will get a restock for Mario Party, then:

cybRptV.jpg

don't worry kids, you can all get your elsa toy soon enough

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
The thing with Mario lines are there will be probably be a whole bunch, with Smash and Mario Party 10 being just the beginning. By this time next year, I wouldn't be surprised to have another Mario line related to a different game. So.. would they reprint Smash Mario line figures if other figures are there to replace them? It'll be interesting.. I'm not even sure Nintendo knows what it wants to do.

gonna go to TRU super early...when i went to EB some dude was sweating for one hardcore look like he wanted to buy a shitload thank god for that preorder

Top Bottom