• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Judging by the response in this thread, they made the right call to please their target audience of misogynistic fools -- I mean, "gamers."
Thanks buddy.

Jebailey said:
Hi @MLG I'd like to apply for a position to run tournaments at an Event. Sincerely, The Guy with lost hope for the #FGC.
Meltdown Complete.

Doomshine

So happy they picked Bronson, he's a perfect fit for the show. Great player and there's bound to be some hilarious interactions between him and Aris.

He's a disturbing pick to say the least. The fighting game community already has a huge problem with being labelled a bunch of misogynistic fools. So Capcom goes ahead and approves a guy who spent an entire episode of Cross Counter showing off nudes of "gamer girls" for god knows what reason, then starts talking about "plowing bitches" and generally speaks of women like their objects.

That's a real good look for the FGC.
Jebaily, supposedly a professional face of fighting games, isn't helping. Maybe Doctor Sub Zero is the correct representative.

Seriously, thank you guys for the support, it was a tough choice, and believe me, there were many potentials. The salt tastes so good btw. You can't please everyone, but to those who are excited, we hope to put on an amazing show.

Well, from what the FGC guys are saying it sounds like its definitely a Team Tekken thing.

I figured Justin Wong would get in what with all the "he's the best arounnnddd" people praise about him though

Probably didn't pick him cause it's too predictable.

I figured Justin Wong would get in what with all the "he's the best arounnnddd" people praise about him though

If there's one thing you can say about Justin Wong, it's that he really isn't overrated. He's won like 6 games at the same major before, and he has more EVO championships than anyone. You'd be hard pressed to find a better fighting game player in the states.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Thanks buddy.

Meltdown Complete.

Don't feed the troll. Apparently being a gamer makes us all turrrrrible people.

If there's one thing you can say about Justin Wong, it's that he really isn't overrated. He's won like 6 games at the same major before, and he has more EVO championships than anyone.

Yeah, I've grown on him. I'd say that between Floe and JWong I'm really enjoying the FGC so far. Especially since they are so different (Floe is more relaxed, JWong being more outgoing and random, it'd be interesting to watch them training to watch how they feed off each other)

kingslunk

Guys, cmon now. Dr Sub-Zero and Renic are on the show.
How can you guys be disappointed?

These guys are fantastic at fighting games. They both just decided not to play SF4 because they thought it was inferior to 3rd Strike. If they played 4 as much as they played 3s you would know them.

sephi22

If there's one thing you can say about Justin Wong, it's that he really isn't overrated. He's won like 6 games at the same major before.
He and Tokido are the only FGC members who are consistently top 8 at every game they play.
Games Justin's got Top 8 at: MvC, SF, KOFXIII, MK9
He's also pretty good in Tekken. He might have some Tekken tourney placings that I'm not aware of. And from the look of things, he might get Top 8 at SC V as well

He's a disturbing pick to say the least. The fighting game community already has a huge problem with being labelled a bunch of misogynistic fools. So Capcom goes ahead and approves a guy who spent an entire episode of Cross Counter showing off nudes of "gamer girls" for god knows what reason, then starts talking about "plowing bitches" and generally speaks of women like they're objects.

That's a real good look for the FGC.
This is amazing haha.
Guys, cmon now. Dr Sub-Zero and Renic are on the show.
How can you guys be disappointed?

These guys are fantastic at fighting games. They both just decided not to play SF4 because they thought it was inferior to 3rd Strike. If they played 4 as much as they played 3s you would know them.
I gotta admit that this is pretty cool. Dr. Sub Zero also sounds like one of those crazy personalities from back in the earlier days of the FGC.

He and Tokido are the only FGC members who are consistently top 8 at every game they play.
Games Justin's got Top 8 at: MvC, SF, KOFXIII, MK9
He's also pretty good in Tekken. He might have some Tekken tourney placings that I'm not aware of. And from the look of things, he might get Top 8 at SC V as well

Justin was good in T5. Placed 4th at Evo 2k6 I think. Also did well in local tourneys.

vulva

I could see them not choosing Justin in hopes of raising awareness of other players. The slots were limited as it was. Its not at all a criticism of Justin or other more known names. Rather that this can provide exposure of smaller names. As for the controversial pick of Dr. Sub Zero, controversy leads to viewers. The show is, after all, a marketing gimmick.

Well, from what the FGC guys are saying it sounds like its definitely a Team Tekken thing.

To be fair they have made it clear that they value the personality and presentably of the chosen ones more than their ability in the game. So J Wong getting in would kind of have been a surprise.

I could see them not choosing Justin in hopes of raising awareness of other players. The slots were limited as it was. Its not at all a criticism of Justin or other more known names. Rather that this can provide exposure of smaller names. As for the controversial pick of Dr. Sub Zero, controversy leads to viewers. The show is, after all, a marketing gimmick.

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Chavelo

Capcom and the people involved with this spectacle just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Fighting Game Community (I'm an expert), but skill and reputation are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in MLG where you can become successful by being sponsored. If you screw someone over in any of the FGC circles, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the stream monsters after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase SFxTekken for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and take out Dr. Sub-Zero or you can kiss your business goodbye.

Capcom and the people involved with this spectacle just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Fighting Game Community (I'm an expert), but skill and reputation are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in MLG where you can become successful by being sponsored. If you screw someone over in any of the FGC circles, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the stream monsters after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase SFxTekken for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and take out Dr. Sub-Zero or you can kiss your business goodbye.
Surprised it took so long for this gem to spring up.

sephi22

Before anyone panics, this post is tongue-in-cheek

lsslave

Jew Gamer

It might actually hurt it, not having any known names in the SF area.

For example, most of the Capcom side are saying Team Tekken has won already, Bronson posted a twitter thanking Capcom for the 25K already.

Also, FGTV is hilarious watching them rip on the temper tantrums (Jebailey sudoku watch haha)

I've never been a fan of 3D fighters (I enjoy Soul Calibur, might get SCV, I'm going to get 2 fighters and am torn between SF4AE / UMvC3 /SCV) so without anyone that I know (which is a very small amount being very new to it, brought in through Floe) I don't have any interest in watching it now

Coming from a major in marketing, you are clueless. If you're trolling, you got me. Congrats. :)

Well played.

kingslunk

Dr. Sub Zero was making content for "stream monsters" before there we stream monsters you fool. He was Gootecks before there was Gootecks. You being an "expert" should know this. Clearly you aren't.

Renic and Rockefeller are gg 3rd strike players.

sephi22

Coming from a major in marketing, you are clueless. If you're trolling, you got me. Congrats. :)
Dr. Sub Zero was making content for "stream monsters" before there we stream monsters you fool. He was Gootecks before there was Gootecks. You being an "expert" should know this. Clearly you aren't.

Renic and Rockefeller are gg 3rd strike players.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=11960243&postcoun
Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

lsslave

Jew Gamer

This is a joke that started with a (nearly the same) post about Square Enix with FFXIII coming to 360 (before we knew it would suck)

It has been a GAF meme for a while, the guy was freaking out over a damn port to the 360 (Not exclusive 360). This is just a hilarious use of it

vulva

Damned if we do, damned if we don't.

Yeah at the end of the day you just gotta do what you think will bring in the largest viewer count and discussion. It sucks for some people that their fame or known skills might have gone against them in the decision making process but that's just how the world is sometimes.

sephi22

Jebailey is in the stream chat for FGTV under the name 'Googlemyname'
He's going in on Hiro

qy8rV.png

Having seem quite a few streams of the game now it seems that while SFxT does pull in mechanics from all over the place you can't really argue that SSFIV is by far the closest game to it. As such, it make more than a bit of sense to not bring in the very top tier of current SF players like Justin, Ricky, and others. Instead it's a mix of top tier Tekken (KOR, Bronson), solid SFIV players (Sherry, NerdJosh, Hornett) and players of previous SF games but not heavy SFIV players (Sub-Zero, Renic). Seems like it gives the most even playing field.

sephi22

Is it just me or does this outburst from Jebailey feel like an attempt to gain attention for himself/CEO?

Get into the XAssault roster or not, he'll get attention either way. Win-win.

Personally, this is the best thing SFxT has done for me. FGC drama is better than TV.

If I had time, I'd photoshop TNT's logo with FGC right now, :lol

Why is everyone SO MAD?

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Is it just me or does this outburst from Jebailey feel like an attempt to gain attention for himself/CEO?

Get into the XAssault roster or not, he'll get attention either way. Win-win.

Yeah but he has pissed off the FGC, what with those mom-chromosomes coming out! (Seriously though, sounds like they are mad at him)

sephi22

Yeah but he has pissed off the FGC, what with those mom-chromosomes coming out! (Seriously though, sounds like they are mad at him)

The players will get over it. He's a TO for a Road to EVO tournament. If the players get over it, the SRK Illuminati will too.

I love how Hiro calls him 'Alexis' instead of Alex. LMAO

Grecco

On one hand im glad they picked mostly "unknowns" and non top players. Thats good.

On the other hand, just one member of EC and hes a member of Team Spooky, and nobody who had real creative or interesting videos were picked. Makes me wonder what was really used to pick people. Oh well.

Jebailey went full retard. WTF. Dude actually posted nudes up. Stay free to your ego, son.

Did you not expect massive salt/meltdowns from this?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

3N7fA.gif

Edit: oh you silly guy

Top Bottom