• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Announces Street Fighter x Tekken Live Reality Show "Cross Assault"

emp_ceo_googlemytampon

mikerosstrollface0un4.gif

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On one hand im glad they picked mostly "unknowns" and non top players. Thats good.

On the other hand, just one member of EC and hes a member of Team Spooky, and nobody who had real creative or interesting videos were picked. Makes me wonder what was really used to pick people. Oh well.

Did you not expect massive salt/meltdowns from this?

Not on that level, not on that level at all.

SMFH.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Sticking up. He's been retweeting Jebailey's tweets.
Before this meltdown, everyone loved Jebailey

It seems like the hate is due to how he reacted. Which I understand, he threw a temper tantrum. The guys on FGTV are making sense in their ripping at least (which seems more as barbs) but as my first experience with Jebailey he seems like a child throwing a tantrum and bashing the community

vulva

Funny enough, by jebailey not getting picked and him whining its probably raised more awareness of cross assault.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Capcom and the people involved with this spectacle just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about the Fighting Game Community (I'm an expert), but skill and reputation are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in MLG where you can become successful by being sponsored. If you screw someone over in any of the FGC circles, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the stream monsters after hearing about this, are not going to want to purchase SFxTekken for either system, nor will they purchase any of Capcom's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Capcom has alienated an entire market with this move.

Capcom, publicly apologize and take out Dr. Sub-Zero or you can kiss your business goodbye.

I didn't know Jebaily posts on gaf.

So summary of the players as far as I have gathered:

- Dr.Sub-Zero : Famous personality for his streams and guide podcasts.
- Sherryjenix : Frequently hangs out with J Wong's gang. Decent Viper player
- Nerdjosh : Semi-well known MvC3/SF4 player. Decent Ibuki player.
- Renic : Well known Alex player in 3S
- Hornet : AKA YogaFlame24. Uploaded tons of matches on youtube and came to fame for beating Valle in an online tourney

- Tasty Steve : Popular WNF commentator
- KOR : EVO 2011 Tekken 6 winner
- Superyan : Semi - well known female Tekken player
- 200yen : Semi - prominent NorCal player. Plays both SF and Tekken. Quite a good Sagat player
- Bronson : The J Wong/Alex Valle of Tekken

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
So the big winner here is haunts.
Lord Haunts is one step closer to total FGC domination.

sephi22

It seems like the hate is due to how he reacted. Which I understand, he threw a temper tantrum. The guys on FGTV are making sense in their ripping at least (which seems more as barbs) but as my first experience with Jebailey he seems like a child throwing a tantrum and bashing the community

A few years ago, a guy started promoting a tournament in Florida called GAMME, which was supposed to be part fighting game tourney, part anime convention, part game convention, part concert. He got a lot of guys to sign up and booked tickets, then bailed with the money at the last minute. The guys who had booked tickets were fucked, so a few guys from the SRK community, primarily Jebailey, and some guys from the Smash community jointly created a tournament for these players - Community Effort Orlando or CEO.

Jebailey's been running CEO successfully since then. He's a chill guy, posts frequently on SRK and is well liked by the FGC regulars.

Now it seems to me he put all his eggs in the Cross Assault basket. If you google CEO Jebailey Twitter, the Twitter page comes with the title 'Jebailey4XAssault'. He also made that super emotional post on his FB about how he's been working his ass off for the community and needs to be rewarded.

I see where he's coming from, but his behavior is surprisingly whiny. There's always the chance that he's trolling (as J Wongg is saying on his call to F. Champ). The guys on FGTV are trolling too. Hiro's a no name and F. Champ's just an asshole. That's his thing.

TLDR: Jebailey's a cool guy, but he's taking this way too hard.

Anth0ny

I can't believe dr sub zero got on the show. I thought his submission was a joke. I mean, the video was fucked up :lol

Regardless, I'm sure he'll be fun to watch.

I suppose they didn't choose Justin because it would be too free, or something. Too bad.

I kinda wished Noel got on, though. His heel persona would have been perfect for a show like this!

lsslave

Jew Gamer
A few years ago, a guy started promoting a tournament in Florida called GAMME, which was supposed to be part fighting game tourney, part anime convention, part game convention, part concert. He got a lot of guys to sign up and booked tickets, then bailed with the money at the last minute. The guys who had booked tickets were fucked, so a few guys from the SRK community, primarily Jebailey, and some guys from the Smash community jointly created a tournament for these players - Community Effort Orlando or CEO.

Jebailey's been running CEO successfully since then. He's a chill guy, posts frequently on SRK and is well liked by the FGC regulars.

Now it seems to me he put all his eggs in the Cross Assault basket. If you google CEO Jebailey Twitter, the Twitter page comes with the title 'Jebailey4XAssault'. He also made that super emotional post on his FB about how he's been working his ass off for the community and needs to be rewarded.

I see where he's coming from, but his behavior is surprisingly whiny. There's always the chance that he's trolling (as J Wongg is saying on his call to F. Champ). The guys on FGTV are trolling too. Hiro's a no name and F. Champ's just an asshole. That's his thing.

TLDR: Jebailey's a cool guy, but he's taking this way too hard.

See, this I appreciate, as someone who doesn't know the ins and outs.

It just seemed like they were upset about the whole thing (well for the most part, Fanatiq and Ricky aren't doing shit and just chilling the whole time) and I got their reasoning. (Hiro is a no name though? He is hanging out with some names, is just a buddy of theirs or something?)

Wait hornet is yogaflame24? Thats awesome!

Nah I'm pretty sure that he's not. There was this comment in one of Hornett's videos on YogaFlame24's account.

"A lot of people have been sending me messages to get hold of his Sakura. After watching his matches I can see why."

Not the same person.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
> People get happy that top players won't get chosen in the beginning
> Reveals are shown; people get salty that there are no top players

You got so trolled. :3

Wait, it was announced that top players weren't going to be picked?

Why did JWong and co. apply then?

Wait, it was announced that top players weren't going to be picked?

Why did JWong and co. apply then?

"We're not looking for scrubs here so make sure you include footage or proof that you're a seasoned fighting game player who's serious about the game. That said, we're also not just cherry picking top players. We're looking at many other factors such as interesting personalities, comments left on the videos, likes, dislikes - everything!"

sephi22

(Hiro is a no name though? He is hanging out with some names, is just a buddy of theirs or something?)
Well, he's a no name in that I'm a hardcore stream monster and I have no idea who he is. He's obviously not a part of the 4-FGTV mains. The others in the house are buds/guests and among them I'm a fan of Fanatiq and Dacidbro. I don't recall ever watching Hiro play.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Well, he's a no name in that I'm a hardcore stream monster and I have no idea who he is. He's obviously not a part of the 4-FGTV mains. The others in the house are buds/guests and among them I'm a fan of Fanatiq and Dacidbro. I don't recall ever watching Hiro play.

I haven't had the chance of seeing Fanatiq play competitively yet, but he seems like a chill guy. Him vs. Filipino Champ would be hilarious though, they both talk as fast and loud as they can, the trash talking would reach god tier (again, this is from my very small bit of knowledge of the community, I'm learning, but him playing IWBTG and F.Champ from what I've seen it would seem like trash talk 2.0)

sephi22

lol @ Filipino Champ "Filipinos are the assists in the FGC. We're the Cyclops and Psylocks"

Justin:
"Some people are saying Nerdjosh got in because of the Team Spooky connection"
" I can't imagine how Aris will coach Bronson. I thought Bronson would be the coach"
"Dr. Sub Zero showed up on Cross Assault in a ski mask and got selected. He hasn't been in the scene for 20 million years"

Also SMH at the FGTV crew for mocking Noah with a hairy chinese kid pic

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Maybe it's only because I paid attention to the big name entries, or some of the best came late, but a lot of my favourite actual video submissions didn't get in. Chris Jesus, Fanatiq, Neo, etc.

Will probably watch for NerdJosh/Tasty Steve too I guess.

Edgeward

You must not be hardcore enough because he is a well known blanka player who has shown up in several tournaments/majors

Top Bottom