• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

I’ll buy it I played a bit of Ducktales as a kid but remember looking at Nintendo Power magazine cover the other games. I always wanted to play them even if it’s just one afternoon and never again.

atr0cious

Yea, but probably not gonna rerelease that as part of it since it was based on the movie. There's always volume 2 or different packaging like Disney Films.
The show was it's own thing, and it's better than the sequels. I get these are all nes games though, didn't make it hurt any less.

maxcriden

Awesome! Which platforms are each of these games originally from?

edit: just saw all NES. Do these games hold up pretty well?

shandy706

900x900px-LL-9bb28d6b_mother-of-god-super-troopers.jpeg

I actually beat the first Chip & Dale solo on NES back in the day. It was nice to be a kid. lol

Yeah it's not like Castlevania hard but it sure gave me a run. All these games were incredibly charming and really fun though. Ducktales is just amazing.

Jazzem

Wahey :D

Though I understand the Mega Man Legacy Collection had some technical issues, at laest at launch, so hopefully this turns out solid.

Collection of all NES games

People complaining it doesn't contain SNES games

Lol its so weird:

Hey Nintendo got that NES Mini thing out, but couldnt put our Classics on it! Lets call Disney....yeah for sure we will rerelease all the games from the NES days we have to ride the Nostalgia Train!

Completly ignores Nintendo in that....really harsh if you ask me...but thinking about it Ducktales remastered came out way later on Wii U too..so maybe...

Ferr986

Ok, Sega, now's your turn. Do your own Collection with the 8 and 16 bits Illusion series+ Quackshot and the 8-bits Donal Duck games.

IronLich

Love that the trailer has the 8-bit Disney Afternoon theme. PLEASE let that be the Main Menu theme!

Very happy that this is real.

jholmes

I have all four of the originals but I've never played either of the sequels in this, sorta gave up hope on them because they're so expensive. So yes I'm down.

Why did it take until Page 3 to bring up Goof Troop? That's the only other thing that really would fit in here.

nubbe

the Ducktales remake is on every platform that can play a game
So I imagine this will too be everywhere eventually

I'm very okay with this, but the press release going on about 1080p HD graphics is kind of odd.

I really dig thst there'll be extras, too.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
PSN Lineup for April 18:

- Wonderboy: Dragon's Trap
- Disney Collection
- The Silver Case
- Full Throttle

Talk about nostalgia overload
on the wallet

deleted

Not really into these games, but I would kill for the SNES 16bit version with

Alladin
Jungle Book
Lion King
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse

and Motherflippin Shinji Mikami's Goof Troop

Not really into these games, but I would kill for the SNES 16bit version with

Alladin
Jungle Book
Lion King
The Magical Quest starring Mickey Mouse

and Motherflippin Shinji Mikami's Goof Troop

Wouldn't be surprised if we got a Disney Movie Collection, but wait Shinji Mikami was behind Goof Troop?!

Duxxy3

Ran out of mega man games to throw into a bundle.

At some point Capcom I hope capcom starts to make new games again.

erlim

yes, that talented of a member
It's really cool that they put this collection together. It will be interesting to see what they come up with next. I wonder if they'll move off of NES?

Top Bottom