• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

Ran out of mega man games to throw into a bundle.

At some point Capcom I hope capcom starts to make new games again.

You're really ungrateful about Ultra Street Fighter 2 :/
RE7 was only last month and Marvel vs Capcom Infinite is on the horizon

Weren't most of these games terrible though? I was a kid in the heyday of Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, etc and I remember just avoiding those games like the plague and it being like common knowledge at school that Disney games are straight trash except for Aladdin and Lion King (which aren't even a part of this).

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Let's not do the port begging thing here, thanks.

BiggNife

Wouldn't the Switch's "d-pad" be terrible for this?
I really don't think the joycon buttons are all that bad for platformers. Maybe I'm in the minority on this, but I was skeptical before I actually got my hands on the joycons and now I actually don't mind them.

NolbertoS

Ran out of mega man games to throw into a bundle.

At some point Capcom I hope capcom starts to make new games again.

Wish Capcom would re-release their Capcom collection from PSP and PS3 era. Need yhat Capcom collection for Switch, PS4 and Xbox One.

Weren't most of these games terrible though? I was a kid in the heyday of Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, etc and I remember just avoiding those games like the plague and it being like common knowledge at school that Disney games are straight trash except for Aladdin and Lion King (which aren't even a part of this).

Your school was run by Warner Brothers.

Zalman

I sure hope they do a physical release for this. Would be fantastic. I held off on DuckTales Remastered because of it and it eventually paid off.

Nudull

Banned

DuckTales 1 and 2 alone are well-regarded, and Darkwing Duck's one of the best not-Mega Man games around.

NolbertoS

People actually complained about it being too easy. They were fun games, but they all lasted like 4-5 hours top and then you were done. I rented most of these game knowing that within half a day, I'd be done and return for another game at Blockbuster.

Lothars

I sure hope they do a physical release for this. Would be fantastic. I held off on DuckTales Remastered because of it and it eventually paid off.
I imagine it will be like the other releases like this that later this year a physical release will come out.

Ganado

Would've loved full remakes à la Duck Tales Remastered for 20€ each, but I guess this works too.

Switch will probably get VC versions later.
lol, hopefully not

HardRojo

If they release a SNES collection I want the Mickey games, Aladdin and Goofy Troop. Those were some amazing titles I grew up with.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
It's port "begging" to ask a publisher to release a game on a platform I own? That's my honest question. What's the definition of port begging here?

Asking for a game on a system that it was not announced for is port begging.
What did you think it was?

I remember liking the Rescue Rangers game a lot as a kid.

If I remember, tailspin is a pain in the ass game made to hate the player?

It's port begging to ask for the game on a platform I own? Okay, guess I'll port beg away then.

uhh yes? begging for a port is port begging

Its a 2 word phrase that I dont think could mean anything else

It's port "begging" to ask a publisher to release a game on a platform I own? That's my honest question. What's the definition of port begging here?

Port begging is derailing threads about games to discuss platforms it's not coming to. It's not coming to Switch as of now. Theres no reason to turn a thread about a Capcom release for PS4/xB/PC into a discussion on nintendo's third party relations.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Awesome collection....why not put this also on Switch instead ov your overpriced Street Fighter 2 version ? Sometime i hate Capcom lol.

Edit:

This thread moved way faster than i expected....sry, if this is considered port begging. Just dont understand Capcom when it comes to some of their decisions.

Petrae

Switch port begging sure is going to make a lot of threads fun over the next few months.

Indeed. Always a treat to watch people turn on a dime from "The Switch is my Nintendo machine. I don't need third-party games." to "What the fuck, Capcom? Why can't you put this on the Switch?"

Amusing, to say the very least.

deleted

Wouldn't be surprised if we got a Disney Movie Collection, but wait Shinji Mikami was behind Goof Troop?!

Well, the Mickey and Goof Troop games aren't connected to movies.

Yep, afaik it's one of his first games for Capcom. Alladin too I think. After that he made RE.

NOLA_Gaffer

Banned
Asking for a game on a system that it was not announced for is port begging.
What did you think it was?

That doesn't sound like begging, that sounds like asking.

It'd be different if were talking about a game that was funded by a first party, used a platform-exclusive license, or is too powerful to be run on hardware it's not appearing on, but this is a collection of NES games. Something seems fishy here.

But I'll drop it, because I'd rather not be banned on semantics. Sorry for the thread derail.

That being said, I own the NES carts of Darkwing Duck, Chip & Dale, and Ducktales from my childhood and I also have a Ducktales 2 Famicom cart. Maybe I'll just put my cash into a NES copy of Talespin and a Famicom cart of Chip & Dale 2 instead. :p

Alright cool , everyone's over it.

This I awesome so though , how do all these games stand up? I've only ever played ducktales . Are these the best possible games they could've picked?

Chinbo37

Man someone called this in another thread when there was a rumor about a new Capcom collection a week ago or so.

They literally predicted/wished for this and its happening.

Spooky.

jph139

$20 is a great deal for these - definitely on my radar. Would prefer a physical release though, for delisting concerns if nothing else.

Top Bottom