• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom announces The Disney Afternoon Collection for PS, XB1 and PC [Port beg = ban]

But it's missing Tiny Toons, which was the best Disney Afternoon cartoon! And why is it not coming out for Wii U!!?!

Getting this day one. I think the only games I actually don't love on this are the sequels for C&D and Ducktales, but they are fine.
Tiny Toons is Warner Bros

jholmes

Weren't most of these games terrible though? I was a kid in the heyday of Rescue Rangers, Darkwing Duck, Duck Tales, etc and I remember just avoiding those games like the plague and it being like common knowledge at school that Disney games are straight trash except for Aladdin and Lion King (which aren't even a part of this).

Whoa whoa whoa

Some folks were lying to you on that schoolyard.

Talespin is most definitely a flawed game but very worthwhile. The rest are great.

Sanjuro

I LOVED those games. Also.. those "Saved by the Bell" 90s backgrounds for the video.. LOL!

pRmOwLK.jpg

Tiny Toons is Warner Bros

That's the joke.

LordKano

Not buying this one, since I'm not a fan of Chip'n'Dales and DuckTales 2, but I highly recommand it to everyone for DuckTales and Darkwing Duck. Two gems. 20€ might be a bit step though.

Ridley327

So this was the project that Digital Eclipse was teasing recently? This is a pretty big deal, as it does appear that Disney is working with Capcom on more than just MvC now.

swit

That's no slouch of a list, extremely hyped. Would love to have them on the go though.

Edit:

They're all NES game. If the SNES/Genesis got involved then yes, lack of Aladdin (or Lion King) would be criminal.

Capcom's Aladdin is actually a NES game. It's exactly the same game as on SNES: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7CqGfNci6Q4
And since they're including remade version of Duck Tales than I don't see a reason why Capcom couldn't use better SNES/GBA version of Aladdin.

edit: These are the original games, so Duck Tales remake is not in the package.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Any info if there's a retail release for this one?

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Capcom is pretty wary of putting games on Switch

They said they had more announcements to come but here we are after launch and still dont even have street fighter 2

Ultra Street Fighter II has a release date, May 26th.

I don't have DuckTales 2 and Chip 'n Dale Rescue Rangers 2, so I'll probably get this just for those. Those two are expensive to get on NES now. I have the rest of them complete on NES already.

Is this the MML-esque collection they were teasing about recently? Never in my wildest dream would I ever think these games could be brought back from Licensing Hell!

Out of those 6 games there are at least 2 that are legitimately absolute top tier NES games. Talespin is the only game of this collection I think was mediocre.

Good job, Capcom! Wow!

XaosWolf

I can't believe this collection is a thing that is happening. =D

For those wanting the 16-Bit era collection just cross your fingers and hope that this does well.

Wow, what an awesome collection! This is a day one purchase for me on my PS4.

The fact that this isn't coming to Switch is absolutely mind-boggling.

Osukaa

For ducktales and rescue rangers it's worth it alone. Those games are infused in my childhood lol. Loved the co op on rescue rangers :)

I'm gonna buy on Steam and might buy on PS4 too and will hopefully triple dip to get it on Switch when they wise up and make that available too.

muzzymate

The Little Mermaid was also great. Not thematically relevant by the title, but it will be missed.

The only way I could have been more excited would be Little Mermaid included.

The Mega Man Collection was great. I wanted basically this as their follow up, but never thought the license deals would work out. So glad I was wrong.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Anyone who even mentions the Switch after this post is getting banned.

Dizzy-4U

My only experience with Darkwing Duck back in the day was a hacked cartridge that replaced the main character with Megaman. It was called Megaman (something) and I was confused since I played Megaman games before but didn't I understand why you talk to ducks in the cutscenes.

Holy fucking shit, day one even if it's digital only.

I remember hoping for this in the thread about the new compilation from the Legacy Collection guys but damn, didn't think it would happen.

Top Bottom