• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Capcom Outperforms Expected Earnings - Cites "Favorable" Dragons Dogma 2 Performance Among Reasons

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?

7zlCV0U.jpeg

dragons-dogma-2-high-five-boys-dd2.gif

Last edited:

MikeM

Too bad they didn’t put more “performance” in the console version. Hell, PC with a 7800x3d is what, a 60fps game? Lol

That's lovely... When are they going to fix the issues on PC though? It's not unplayable, but it's annoying watching NPCs pop in and out of existence and watching the framerate dive around all over the place.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
I think they had SF6, Dragons Dogma 2, a full year ofRE4 (launched a week before their fiscal period began) sales. Plus, RE4 VR and other smaller titles.

I guess the secret to better than expected earnings is to make games. What a novel idea.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Why are gamers so stupid and honor such a poorly optimized game with such good sales figures? What kind of signal are you sending with this? No matter how shitty a game is programmed, we still buy it??

zgIep00.gif
If its 30 fps, its fine and it maintains 30 fps the vast majority of the time.

By your logic, zelda totk, baldurs gate 3 and 99% of the games that have won GOTY in the last 20 years would be shittily programmed.

Dynasty8

Why are gamers so stupid and honor such a poorly optimized game with such good sales figures? What kind of signal are you sending with this? No matter how shitty a game is programmed, we still buy it??

zgIep00.gif

I bought DD2...ended up not enjoying it. But what's the alternative here for people? Don't have fun because something is optimized poorly?

We obviously want good optimization/performance, but it will ALWAYS boil down to this basic concept: If game = good, we buy. If game = bad, we don't buy.

I'd rather play a good fun game with poor optimization over a perfectly optimized game that's boring.

willothedog

I think they had SF6, Dragons Dogma 2, a full year ofRE4 (launched a week before their fiscal period began) sales. Plus, RE4 VR and other smaller titles.

I guess the secret to better than expected earnings is to make games. What a novel idea.

RE4 VR was free DLC.

zgIep00.gif

It's Dragon's Dogma 2!

Do you realise how long fans have waited for this game? I don't give a fuck about poor performance optimization on PC. We've been wishing for a sequel and for Capcom to make this into a franchise forever.

Performance issues can be eventually patched out, but if you all boycott the games you're anticipating for such absurd reasons, you never get sequels and the franchises you love die off because you never supported them because of your entitlement.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Last edited:

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
I bought DD2...ended up not enjoying it. But what's the alternative here for people?

Accept the reality that different people like different things, and that there are no guarantees when it comes to "fun".

Furthermore if performance is such a deal-breaker, that's your problem. Because no amount of complaint or argument is going to make those for whom its not an issue, share your experience and viewpoint.

MagiusNecros

Gilgamesh Fan Annoyance
I bought DD2...ended up not enjoying it. But what's the alternative here for people?
Dark Arisen. It's all factors considered the better and more complete game. In fact DD2 gave me great motivation to start playing Dark Arisen again. But I think if people want a game that will be fun regardless of MAH PERFORMANCE then just buy the game and enjoy it. Worst case scenario you just upgrade your PC build.

If it's a Console issue that's another matter entirely.

If anything for franchises like Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma people should be happy that sales are favorable. People just like to be miserable I guess.

Dynasty8

Dark Arisen. It's all factors considered the better and more complete game. In fact DD2 gave me great motivation to start playing Dark Arisen again. But I think if people want a game that will be fun regardless of MAH PERFORMANCE then just buy the game and enjoy it. Worst case scenario you just upgrade your PC build.

If it's a Console issue that's another matter entirely.

If anything for franchises like Resident Evil and Dragon's Dogma people should be happy that sales are favorable. People just like to be miserable I guess.

Sure, but the alternative should never be to play or replay a predessesor that's over 10 years old. We want new games.

My whole argument is for people who are boycotting or telling others to boycott the game due to poor performance. Criticism is perfectly fine, but a game having having poor performance is not the end all for 90% of the average customer base.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
$70 games are here to stay now.
people should get over it.
Everything around us is 2-3 times more expensive. From food to housing.
Games went from 60 to 70..... 70 now is like 50 in 2010.
Meanwhile devs need to earn more to get by higher prices of everything.
70$ is not a fun spending time but it is what it is. and the truth is, I can afford more 70$ games now than I could 50$ games in 2008

Cool, but I wish Dragons Dogma 2 was a little better.
my exact reaction. happy for capcom, big fan of the first (better?) game, &, by the last dozen hours of dd2, I was just going through the motions. too big, repetitive, & weirdly pointless, story-wise, for its own good, imo...

Lokaum D+

zgIep00.gif
This is a thread about Capcom sales, not Nintendo

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I bought DD2...ended up not enjoying it. But what's the alternative here for people? Don't have fun because something is optimized poorly?

We obviously want good optimization/performance, but it will ALWAYS boil down to this basic concept: If game = good, we buy. If game = bad, we don't buy.

I'd rather play a good fun game with poor optimization over a perfectly optimized game that's boring.
Buy when they properly optimize the game or the price.

NeoLed

Doesn't run and doesn't look fine even on the best PCs
I heard conflicting testimonies about that. There are some PC players that can achieve stable 60 fps outside main cities and enjoying it. Oh wait it's $70. Should be 4k 120 fps raytracing ON and do the laundry too

Last edited:

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
I heard conflicting testimonies about that. There are some PC players that can achieve stable 60 fps outside main cities and enjoying it. Oh wait it's $70. Should be 4k 120 fps raytracing ON and do the laundry too
We can pay less than $70 should be 120fps without RT, yes.

ahtlas7

DD2 is so much fun inside a frustrating shell. Playing on PC if it’s not jittering then your getting hit with regular slowdown and quest bugs. Fix your game Cc.

Alebrije

Capcom has been on a good ride since 2018.

Nice remasters and Good new games are the key. Basically they revived RE for a new generation of players...

IAmRei

It's Dragon's Dogma 2!

Do you realise how long fans have waited for this game? I don't give a fuck about poor performance optimization on PC. We've been wishing for a sequel and for Capcom to make this into a franchise forever.

Performance issues can be eventually patched out, but if you all boycott the games you're anticipating for such absurd reasons, you never get sequels and the franchises you love die off because you never supported them because of your entitlement.

Don't cut off your nose to spite your face.
Even if the game was ended with small upgrade for the first, NGL, i will stilll buy it. The game became my cult game for a decade. Ocassionally play the first like once per year.

And the 2nd game might not perfect in some parts as a product, but i welcome it with full heart as (one of small) dream comes true.

Top Bottom